Submarine color  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What color submarine do you prefer?

I made a submarine in Lego Digital Designer, I rarely use LDD but I had this design in my head which I couldn't realize with my current lego collection.

So I decided to make a Cuusoo project out of so hopefully I will be able to buy my own set one day.

lddscreenshot4kopie.jpg

1361223895m_DISPLAY.jpg

1361140158m_DISPLAY.jpg

I don't really like these LDD screenshots, I hope I manage to render it at some point, I didn't have succes rendering so far :sceptic: .

More pictures can be found at Mocpages.

Since I posted it there I found out that a lot of people prefer a different color than blue, so I'm counting on you to speak out which of following colors you prefer for this submarine.

Blue is my own favourite color, luckely it's very easy in LDD to change colors;

EDIT : technical problems, for now check out the alternate colors here

1361190637m_DISPLAY.jpg

Yellow

1361190782m_DISPLAY.jpg

Red

1361190856m_DISPLAY.jpg

Sand green

1361190699m_DISPLAY.jpg

Gray

For the interested; the Cuusoo Project.

This is actually my first serious cuusoo project, considering I would want to buy this set myself :grin: .

Edited by Sebeus I

Very nice to see you are good at all ships, not just pirate ones. Very nice and clean moc. i would love to see this rendered. :thumbup:

Anything but yellow. Because I detest Paul McCartney.

White with a stripe of colour would be nice.

Edited by Jargo

This looks great!

I think yellow would work, not because "We all live ...". Rather, I think yellow makes it look more like a research vessel, which would probably be more acceptable to TLG than those colours that make it look like a navy sub.

I can only see the top blue version unfortunately. I would think the yellow would look pretty spiffy and as mentioned above maybe a black. I tried loading up mocpages but its being cranky right now :angry: and times out, at least i can see the rest of the views on Cuusoo :tongue: .

The interior looks pretty sharp, is there easy access into the space to allow for seeing the details and placing mini fig(s) or is the exposed side just hidden bricks in LDD to allow us to see what you've accomplished inside (which looks great by the way)?

I would definitely be interested in a future sub kit (have the old Technic 8250 pneumatic kit as well as Penguin's 7885 sub) and look forward to following your progress with Cuusoo.

"Yellow submarine!", he says to many dismay... If not yeller, I'd say black, best color for underwater camo. Cool design though, I really like it's look and detail. I would love to see it brick-built :classic:

For now the alternate colors can be checked out here

Anything but yellow. Because I detest Paul McCartney.White with a stripe of colour would be nice.
White? perhaps, it's probably the only color to build with real bricks currently so you might see it in that color.
This looks great!I think yellow would work, not because "We all live ...". Rather, I think yellow makes it look more like a research vessel, which would probably be more acceptable to TLG than those colours that make it look like a navy sub.
A valid point, the sand green and gray are indeed navy-like.I'd like it in blue most, partially to differ from the typical yellow submarine but also because it's my favourite color :grin: .
I can only see the top blue version unfortunately. I would think the yellow would look pretty spiffy and as mentioned above maybe a black. I tried loading up mocpages but its being cranky right now :angry: and times out, at least i can see the rest of the views on Cuusoo :tongue: .The interior looks pretty sharp, is there easy access into the space to allow for seeing the details and placing mini fig(s) or is the exposed side just hidden bricks in LDD to allow us to see what you've accomplished inside (which looks great by the way)?
Thanks, there seems to be a problem with the mocpages servers, I'll try uploading the pictures via brickshelf.I'm not really a fan of black, it hides the details I think.So far there's not an easy access to the interior yet but I'm working on that, tiles and few studs will do the trick I think.
How about Atlantis Red?
That's the "red", I changed the windows to transparant yellow to match the theme but it could still use some stickers. Either way, considering the Cuusoo guidelines I won't actually refer to the Atlantis theme. Edited by Sebeus I