soccerkid6

Challenge VI: Just the Beginning

Agreed with the above comments, your castle does have a very solid look - the only thing that i feel is missing is a hill to put it on, with some outer fortifications! But that would probably make your moc unfeasably large. :wink: I love the double "D" shaped towers in front, and the attention to detail in the courtyard is great. I'm looking forward to your other round 6 builds! :thumbup:

Thanks Gabe :sweet: Adding a hill and more fortifications would indeed be a bit large, especially as part of a challenge VI entry.

Hopefully will have the second build finished before the end of February, I think it will be even better than this :classic:

First post updated with a new scene and more of the story

:classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

Avalonian's being beaten? Unheard of!

I said baseplate with figs would be good, and I was right. Lovely foliage.

Well all the elemental attacks have been weakening everyone's forces :wink:

Updated first post with new build and more story :thumbup:

Edited by soccerkid6

Oh I just love the last moc SK! The waterfall under that perfect bridge is just epic! I can see the influence of SoT but I think you have your own style to it! Well done!

Oh I just love the last moc SK! The waterfall under that perfect bridge is just epic! I can see the influence of SoT but I think you have your own style to it! Well done!

Thanks dG :blush: I was trying not to just copy his style, so I'm glad you can see a difference :classic:

That bridge is awesome SK, and coupled with the angle you've built the structure on, the second castle in this story is your best work yet.

That bridge is awesome SK, and coupled with the angle you've built the structure on, the second castle in this story is your best work yet.

Thanks, it is my favorite as well, wish I could live there :laugh:

Great job on this so far, since I never commented on the first two builds I'll mention all three now:

Nice work on the castle, it looks appropriately strong and fortified. I'm not sure I really like the snow on green though, it looks a bit strange to me. Nice round towers though! :thumbup:

Neat landscaping and good use of faces/expressions for the peasant group! Since the other two builds have borders, it might have been nice to put some black around that one, but good job anyways!

Fantastic second build! The angling of the towers is great, as is the bridge over the river, and you've got some superb rockwork there! :thumbup: Very nice bridge design, great work on the waterfall too. Probably my favorite of all your work so far, great job!

Great job on this so far, since I never commented on the first two builds I'll mention all three now:

Nice work on the castle, it looks appropriately strong and fortified. I'm not sure I really like the snow on green though, it looks a bit strange to me. Nice round towers though! :thumbup:

Neat landscaping and good use of faces/expressions for the peasant group! Since the other two builds have borders, it might have been nice to put some black around that one, but good job anyways!

Fantastic second build! The angling of the towers is great, as is the bridge over the river, and you've got some superb rockwork there! :thumbup: Very nice bridge design, great work on the waterfall too. Probably my favorite of all your work so far, great job!

Thanks, snow on green is a little strange, sand green or dark green would look better but I don't have much of those, as it is I wanted to capture the feel of an early snow that hadn't really accumulated yet.

The cliffs in the second build were a ton of fun and went really quicky. I wanted to do a more fantasy styled build, thus the bridge over the river and the keep being a full story higher than the tower because of the cliffs, glad you like it :classic:

hey man way to go, what a great castle. So many things to love about this: the water, the castle itself, the rockwork, all just totally nice. Can't wait for your third moc!!

hey man way to go, what a great castle. So many things to love about this: the water, the castle itself, the rockwork, all just totally nice. Can't wait for your third moc!!

Thanks kabel :sweet: After I get back from Florida, I'll be able to start my last build :classic:

Beautiful castle! Lots of interesting stuff and great attention to detail. The overal design is excellent, love how its angeled and high over river. The SoT style suits well. I don't mind seeing that more often. And ofcourse very neat bridge design!

Beautiful castle! Lots of interesting stuff and great attention to detail. The overal design is excellent, love how its angeled and high over river. The SoT style suits well. I don't mind seeing that more often. And ofcourse very neat bridge design!

Thanks! I thought having it go over a river and one side higher would be an interesting design as well as being defendable :classic:

Congrats on being blogged by the BB! Well done!

Thanks, I couldn't believe my eyes when I first saw it there :laugh:

oh I saw this on TBB! congratulations!

Thanks!

Stunning! I especially love the battle-ready feeling the hoardings on Daydelon castle create, and I don't even know where to start commenting on Cameria. Being an admirer of angeled building placement I think your success in making it look so naturally placed like that is fantastic! And the waterfall...

Stunning! I especially love the battle-ready feeling the hoardings on Daydelon castle create, and I don't even know where to start commenting on Cameria. Being an admirer of angeled building placement I think your success in making it look so naturally placed like that is fantastic! And the waterfall...

Gratz on gettig TBB blogged! You have really done a great job so far and I really like that roof technique!

Gratz on gettig TBB blogged! You have really done a great job so far and I really like that roof technique!

Thanks! It's one of my favorite roof techniques, looks even better with 1x slopes :classic: