brickerik

French Toy Fair 2007 : the pictures !

I only saw one of the Naboo fighter figs, looked like a full grown WWII soldier. Did anyone see the other? That was the only thing I was looking forward to from Star Wars. :-/

* What are all those "things" in the advent calendar? It looks like the mundane themes, construction, firemen etc. but what are the bricks supposed to repersent? I don't get it.

* Is that Dark Wizard Ogel hat printed?

* The Castle Female looks nice, but of course, the angle of the picture is just so so head is hidden.

* That lightning is weird, especially when put on a stick and used as a weapon. 8-|

* The King in the large castle has a chrome gold greatsword! 8-

Awesome! On the Golden tower, do I see a girl? And Kit Fisto is awesome! I liek the Star Wars. These are all awesome! I take back waht I said on Mars Mission.... its frikin awesome! The aliens are strange though... I like castle too... Bionicle rocks! I like the Mahri...

2007 truly does rock!

-ZotS

The Star Wars sets look great. I wish the Naboo Starfighter had the chrome, but otherwise, I will definently get that, along with the other two (though I pray the MTT isn't over $100. :'-().

I really love the new Technic sets, especially the bulldozer. Can't wait to get that one!

Mars Mission is starting to appeal to me now along with all the city sets. *must resist starting another LEGO line...*

Castle looks great and the MTT is simply amazing! The JSF ring looks less impressive to me for some reason, but it is still nice.

I really wonder who is the retard responsible for putting those SW sets like that !! I have never seen such a lousy exhibit !! Here are a few exemples to illustrate:

* on the Naboo pic, the characters are missing and the antenna is not strait

* On the Y-Wing, the gun turret is so badly misplaced >:-( Who is the retard responsible for that crap ?

* On the MTT, the MFs are so badly placed, its atrocious really !! (The blue droids are the drivers !! and look at that smashed down droideka !!)

Yeah, and they put the canopy on the JSF on backwards!

I really do love the great ship !! It kind of reminds me of a white version of "Firefox" *wub*

I was trying to figure out what that ship reminded me of and that is it!

Cool, these new sets look bnker coooooooool. Thanks ALOT for these pics.

ImperialScouts, Who awaits anxiously of the new sets and envy those who get to see them :-P .

So far, 2007 is shaping up to be a solid year.

The Star Wars sets are about par for the course (the MTT does look amazing though) with a few re-designs. Not extrodinary, but not too shabby either. I guess I've become accustomed to high-quality when it comes to the Star Wars line. The Mars Mission stuff looks pretty bland. I remember when this was called Mission to Mars, and I didn't like it then either. Easily the biggest disappointment of the bunch. I can't say much about Exo-Force as I haven't really paid close attention to the line in the past. It really doesn't interest me.

The Creator stuff, on the other hand, is pure love *wub* . The new house is amazing! Great colour choices, and an excellent assortment of bricks make that one a sure winner. The Creator Truck also looks great. While its no Black Cat (what is?), it certainly looks nice. Definitely alot of building potential with that one. In the past few years, Creator has easily become my favorite of the LEGO lines, offering what IMO, is the purest out-of-the-box building experience in LEGO's history.

Once again, the City line doesn't disappoint with a great set of vehicles and the return of LEGO ships. Again, City continues to be a step ahead of most other LEGO lines with great models, and a fantastic assortment of parts. A few blemishes like the one-piece freight containers or dumper don't really dimminish the quality of this line.

The Castle line is also decent, seeing a marked improvement from 2006 to 2007. Finally, we see the return of conventional castle minifigs, rather than the infamous Jellybeans of previous years. The classic visor has returned, along with popular helmets like the flared and kettle helm. I'm not a fan of the undead, but I'm sure that these will be popular with kids. The castle sets themselves are less appealing. The villian castle looks like a reject from Alpha Team. For me, the only selling point here is the fantastic female minifig (a rarity these days). The main castle is ok, but I still miss the proper gatehouse and towers of a true classic-castle. While this looks better than the previous two years, this line still could do with some improvements. The low-priced sets on the other hand are pure gold. Great for collecting a new faction of minifigs to inhabit one's castle.

All in all, this is looking to be a very good year for LEGO fans. Great new sets that appeal to a variety of interests seem to be the norm. I can already hear wallets crying.

Awesome! On the Golden tower, do I see a girl? And Kit Fisto is awesome! I liek the Star Wars. These are all awesome! I take back waht I said on Mars Mission.... its frikin awesome! The aliens are strange though... I like castle too... Bionicle rocks! I like the Mahri...

2007 truly does rock!

-ZotS

The fig in the Golden Tower is indeed a girl :-) I thought that the fig was going to be Hikaru, but this was a nice little suprise.

-l2k-

Gday all,

as an observation on the new sets in particular the new droids with the MTT have "new" hands (arms)and look as though they will now hold "normal" weapons. Are these just prototypes??.

Sorry if this is already being discussed in anotherthread(I couldn't find any mention of it)

cheers

ozlego

* That harbor guy with the radio doesn't come with the creator house, does he? |-/

No, the creator sets were always sold without any minifigs.

But i agree, the set claims to have at least two minifigs (one for the house and one to get the car moving ;-) )

But we know where to get these figs, don

Yesterday, my network was slow as hell, so I did not really look at all those pics !! I just did and here are my thoughts on several things ;-)

It was great to see other pics of the City line up !! I seriously love all those sets !! Too bad there were not that many pics of the harbor, oh well !!

On the other hand, I was reeally disappointed at the new advent calendar set :-| There are not so many cool features as the 2 previous ones !! Onmly the orange waste disposal is quite nice (like the green one in the SB set but smaller). A part from that, really nothing too fancy >:-(

The two-storey tan house with black roof and a garage should be a MOC, right? They are the pictures 49,50 & 51.

I am wondering the same thing !! I seriously hope not (I haven't seen other MOCs there so there is hope !!). That house is really nice !!Its nearly a perfect set hehe !!

Apart from City I was also disappointed with that EF Temple pics !! Cool that there is finally a female hehe But where is that red door that the box art showed ?? I seriously hope it will be present in the set !!

I really like the use of gold parts in the EF and Castle sets !!

I am not a fan of the "reverse" droid arms on those skellies, but I do understand why they did it !! Oh well, nothing we can cure (since the parts do exist hehe) !!

I also think that dragon is a pimped version of that crap Dino Line with new parts !! Its really crappy !!

And yes, I think that MM needs some time to be fully appreciated ;-) The more I look at those pics and the better I think that line is overall ;-)

*yoda*

And yes, I think that MM needs some time to be fully appreciated ;-) The more I look at those pics and the better I think that line is overall ;-)

*yoda*

i like the gold visors. i think it is great....you can finally make halo mocs from them. ;-)

I am wondering the same thing !! I seriously hope not (I haven't seen other MOCs there so there is hope !!). That house is really nice !!Its nearly a perfect set hehe !!

*yoda*

that house is the creator house. remember, Lego is building houses for city in the creator category these days

Sne, we were not reffering to that new creator which is out in the stores now, but that grey one with a blue car in front of the separate garage ;-)

I really wish it to be yet another creator house ;-)

*yoda*

Sne, we were not reffering to that new creator which is out in the stores now, but that grey one with a blue car in front of the separate garage ;-)

I really wish it to be yet another creator house ;-)

I thought it is? It was in the pictures TT posted of the upcoming creator sets, and it has a set number...

I thought it is? It was in the pictures TT posted of the upcoming creator sets, and it has a set number...

Many tks for the heads up and clarification ;-) Since I don't have internet home (again...), I must have totally missed that thread *wacko*

Its really great to see houses :-D Finally 8-

Anyone knows which set comes with the highway toll? Its presumably one of the new Racers set, but haven't seen that in any new 2007 catalogue yet...

And here is the link:

http://jordan.pratt.duke.edu/mirror/lego20...ndex.php.page=3

I think its safe to assume it will be a set on its own like the tuner garage with the ramps and pushing devices (or whatever they are called !!). And like the tuner garage, its great because it can be MF size ;-)

Those racers keep looking better and better !! That white strech limo and truck really are impressve !! If only they can make MF size ones ;-)

*yoda*

In fact, I can't understand why TLG is making Racers in a different size. Those sets could perfectly be integrated into City if only they were made a little larger! Mini turbos are too small for minifigs, while many City sets are too wide!!

The last step in the "return to origins" of Lego should be making the different themes Creator, Racers and City "cross-compatible", like in the past. Abandoning the horrible Jack Stone minifig was an excellent step in this direction. Now they're including figs also in Creator tubs, that are now similar to FreeStyle sets... Breaking the rules "no minifigs" also for some (not all) Creator and Racers sets would be very good!

racers are too small and city trucks are too big!

we may not like it but surely lego has its reasons :-/

racers are cheaper and easier for kids to get one a week with 3 euros

they also can be compared to other mini-toy-cars like matchbox

city is getting bigger cause well..everything in this world is!

kids like their toys big and more impressive

impressive big boxes-great details on the models and great playability

but there is a down-side to this

most city sets

especially the planes and trucks have little mocing pottential..

and then we have the big ones..the creator sets which i personnaly really like

so we have small-big-and bigger!! but nothing normall size (minifig size)!! ;-)

and as the trucks and planes of the city are getting bigger the buildings stay the same!!

So how are the trucks supposed to get gus from the new gus-station?? *wacko* *wacko*

and why is a truck bigger than an airport or a train station?

and as the civilian buildings are staying the same

the only houses we get are huge!

so actually in lego-city your house would be as big as the airport X-D

if you have a truck you cant put any gus in it :-D

and if you park your truck next to the train-station people wont be able to see the building!!!(and they will miss their train!!) :-P

and if you are a straight man you would be very lonely!!

ITS A CRAZY WORLD OUT THERE!!!