CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 11 Rumours & Discussion

I'm hoping that the title 'Barbarian' is fairly loose and it's actually modeled after Genghis khan.

Apart from a Terra cotta warrior, Genghis is top of my most wanted list.

I like this idea:

Or even a fire chief with a dalmation.

-Omi

I'd also love to see how Lego would pull off an invisible man.

Just no 'Robot Skater' please!

I'm hoping that the title 'Barbarian' is fairly loose and it's actually modeled after Genghis khan.

Originally, barbarian were the people who lived north from the Roman Empire and were beard (more or less definition). I expect something like Conan, but it would be similar to the Jungle Boy with a sword, so it wouldn't be so exciting. But a terracotta warrior - medium nougat or similar from the top to the bottom - would be awesome!

I think the scientist will be Female this time as we had Mad Male Scientist already.

The figure I'm waiting the most is Tiki warrior! Can't wait to see how it will look!

Or the Scientist will be look like either the male Space Scientist from LEGO City Undercover. Anyways we need a male scientist that is not Mad or Crazy Scientist.

I was thinking that Butch Cavendish's hairpiece (but shortened) from the Lone Ranger theme could be used for the Scarecrow, recolored brown for the hat and yellow for the straw hair. Wonder if his head will be tan or yellow. There's a chance for a new flannel shirt print...

Edited by 8BrickMario

From Brickset:

Amazon.fr (link) has listed the series 11 minifigs and provides a description of them which, roughly translated, is:

"With 16 new special minifigures in Series 11, the LEGO collection continues to grow. Each figure is packed in a 'mystery' bag and accompanied by special accessories, a base to place them on and a booklet. Inspired by movies, sports, history or everyday life, this collection includes: a scientist, a female robot, an evil robot, a jazz man, an elf, a policeman, a Bavarian woman, a waitress, a scarecrow, a barbarian, a welder, a mountaineer, a grandmother, a tiki warrior and a gingerbread man."

(I have improved on the Brickset translation where necessary.)

Of note, Amazon.fr will be selling 60-fig boxes so that format will still be available.

From Brickset:

Amazon.fr has listed the series 11 minifigs and provides a description of them which, roughly translated, is:

"With 16 new figures in Series 11 Special, the LEGO collection continues to grow. Each figure is packed in a bag 'mystery' and accompanied by special accessories, a base and ask for a booklet. Inspired by movies, sports, history or everyday life, this collection includes: a scientist, a female robot, evil, a jazz man, an elf, a policeman, a Bavarian woman, a waitress, a scarecrow, a barbarian, a welder, a mountaineer, a grandmother, a warrior tiki man and gingerbread."

-Sci

Well, these seem interesting. I'm surprised they'd make two robots in one series, but I'm happy if they do. Series 10 is pretty undesirable for me, but 11 looks great. Two robots plus a scientist, who seems to come with two vials? This is going to be one of those "buy 1000 packets" series for me.

Female robot? That's cool. A number of the other figs are ones I've seen suggested before, like a scarecrow or a gingerbread man. Looking forward to further info on this series.

The Evil Robot is actually the Evil Mech-perhaps a darker Battle Mech?

I would love a "Jetsons" style lady robot. Doubt it'll be like Rosey, though. My friend likes yetis as an inside joke, so I'm looking forward to that too. I wonder what the mountain climber will come with?

I hope the Jazz Man comes with a Saxophone, after all Jazz and the Saxophone go hand in hand. Plus a Saxophone could be used for Lisa in the rumored Simpsons theme.

True, but the sax would have to be able to be held as if a minifig were playing. I will surely get a Lady Robot. Maybe we'll get a gray or silver female hairpiece! With the Grandma, that could be two in the series! (If the Female Robot has a gray hairpiece.) I hope the robot doesn't have "feminine curves". I also hope the Grandma has a gray version of the Sumo's bun, or a gray version of the Queen hair (The ABS Castle hair which allows a tiara to be inserted). I hope her hair is gray, not white. (Can I hear a "Medusa victim"?) That piece in gray would allow an easy custom of Queen Elizabeth II!

Edited by 8BrickMario

I hope either the Christmas Elf, the Gingerbread Man or both ( :wub: ) have a candy cane piece! I'd love to see how they pull of the GM's golden-brown color!

It would be awesome if the Elf came with curly shoes like the skates or rollerskates. They should attach to LEGO studs, and cover the bottom of the foot if they are made.

Edited by 8BrickMario

I hope either the Christmas Elf, the Gingerbread Man or both ( :wub: ) have a candy cane piece!

I was thinking exactly the same - this could then be recoloured light brown to be reused as an accessory for a future CMF 'Silent Movie Star' (aka Charlie Chaplin)

A terracotta warrior would be really great. But hopefully it wouldn't be just a tan minifigure but painted (as the terracotta warriors were, see here for a reconstruction). I would also like to get a second samurai or another geisha or alternatively some Chinese warriors / women.

A terracotta warrior would be really great. But hopefully it wouldn't be just a tan minifigure but painted (as the terracotta warriors were, see here for a reconstruction).

But how can you distinguish a realisticly painted terracotta soldier from a real ancient Chinese warrior? You cannot see the material (clay or leather/flesh) in lego, it would be just plastic :)

Edited by Yooha