castor-troy

Building (modular)

This is my new modular. There is no interior yet but i wait for order from BL .

Inspiration comes from "wooootles" 's creation, , and this moc is like a tribute to his work.

residence_0.jpg

residence_4.jpg

residence_5.jpg

residence_g10.jpg

with other buildings... in castor city

residence_8.jpg

Looks great - the textures and color scheme of the front is fantastic. Especially loving the blue/tan/dark tan combo on the outside buildings since it's unusual but really works.

Looks great - the textures and color scheme of the front is fantastic. Especially loving the blue/tan/dark tan combo on the outside buildings since it's unusual but really works.

Agreed :thumbup: The gems used as lights works really well too :classic:

Very nice structure there 'castor-troy', interesting design plus the use of dark red is a nice touch as well. :classic:

Keep them coming 'castor-troy' and Brick On ! :grin:

I really like the double wide doors with the 1x2x2 windows above on the gray building. And in Castor-city, I love what you did with Grand Emporium. Everyone always connects them, but you have that spacing with more walkway in the back. I may have to consider doing something like that.

Keep up the good builds!

I love the (Dark) Tan/Light Blue color combo! It reminds me of interior design from the sixties! :)

However, I still can't figure what the dark grey thing on top of the grey building is supposed to be. It looks a little odd to me ;)

EDIT: I just noticed you got 3 Emporium sets :) Are they somehow connected (except from the technic pins)?

Edited by Hartong

I love them! That building with the contrasting blue brown and tan plates is truly striking.

A great tribute! I love the facades done with the multi-colour plates. And the brick effect using the grey tiles works really well.

Should the building on the left have its own front door? It seems separate to the grey/dark red one.

I love the (Dark) Tan/Light Blue color combo! It reminds me of interior design from the sixties! :)

However, I still can't figure what the dark grey thing on top of the grey building is supposed to be. It looks a little odd to me ;)

EDIT: I just noticed you got 3 Emporium sets :) Are they somehow connected (except from the technic pins)?

I'd also like to see the extra large GE.

Nicely designed modular... I like how each of the buildings have their own brick design and I'd love to see an interior. :wink:

Thanx for your comments.

There is no separation between the different "building" : each level is all in one piece, each one = 48 x 16 (or more) studs. There are only separation for the different roofs.

The 3 GE is built in one building with the 3 levels. The roof is quite fragile.

cc_08_2012_6.jpg

Nice MOC. The style works nice as a tribute to wooootles' work. And it fits nicely to your layout with GE extended. :sweet:

Those are great modular buildings. For a moment I actually confused it with one of Woootles's buildings. :laugh:

The Medium Blue / Tan / Dark Tan / Light Bluish Grey color combination looks very good.