LegoSjaak

Trains, Long and Short: Show 'm here!

I thought I had video of my longer train running, but here's all my cargo container cars in one train - so 4 locos and 12 cars (sorry, video is old and I don't remember how many motors are running among those locos at the time)

So that's where all the tan windows went.....

Not recently! I built the coachs for the Christmas 2013 tree set-up. The baggage cars and Observation followed in the spring.

Excuse mistake on my part

Edited by ust60

27ft (8.2m). The locomotive's can handle more length, but I just don't have any more rolling stock. It's all pretty heavy too.

qcKTFlUh.jpg

now i see the long train topic i unbox the Horizon Express this weekend.

[/url]FullSizeRender%2010_zpsxaf9n6gj.jpg[/img]

is there a problem with conectors if i build a long train, 6 or more cars ?

do you make the connector inside the car stronger ?

[/url]FullSizeRender%209_zpsxe0xd9tz.jpg[/img]

[/url]FullSizeRender%208_zpst5eiz8ke.jpg[/img]

i order a PAB to make some Jacob's bogies and i got this box.

FullSizeRender%2013_zpsnazflivj.jpg

Edited by Q3671

I've got 6 cars on my HE and the magnatic couplers work as advertised. On the last picture, that is just the May give-away that usually comes from a different shipping point. You will get your PAB order later.

I've got 6 cars on my HE and the magnatic couplers work as advertised. On the last picture, that is just the May give-away that usually comes from a different shipping point. You will get your PAB order later.

I've got 6 cars and two locos, only powered by two motors in the front loco, and here the magnetic couplers sometimes break, when going up-hill for a bridge.. :-/

But that is fixable by putting a 1x2 plate on the couplers between the cars.. ;-)

Hopefully I can soon add motors to the end loco as well..

Hello friends of the Lego Train,

Most of my trains are slightly longer than 2 Meter (2 m corresponds to approximately 6.5 feet). But I had a crazy desire to be a pipe dream, I wanted a record Maersk - train, it is a record?

I know that there are longer trains in clubs and groups

(See video of the French Lego railway Friends) or

(The 36-meter train which unfortunately can not drive). Because not enough area there is to drive.

But I am a private person, and the Maersk - train does not run on a fair or exhibition but on my attic.

We'll see how long I can keep this record. If there is a record at all.

Yours sincerely Udo

PS: This 31 part is a "special MOC" which is a "camera car" for my mobile phone with the I record my videos.

This is my longest train:

A Swedish Dm3 locomotive with 24 loaded iron ore wagons and ten (!) 9V engines (mounted on the wagons). All in all 6 meters long and a total weight of close to ten kg!

You can also watch my extended Emerald Night with eight coaches and four 9V engines.

In climbing spirales with close to 8 percent incline ..!

Edited by Haddock51

Dear ust60,

the 36 metres long train wasn't able to move not only because of the lack of space, but not 9V speed regulator could make it move. :) Okay, there were some PF locos and motor units inside, but using modified regulators and PF/RC together is cheating in "moving longest LEGO-train competition. :)

Hi Ashi,

(I hope that's korekt)

Thanks for your information. How many people belongs of Mega train?

Yours sincerely Udo

it belongs to 4 AFOLs (Kovács Viktor Péter, Pikkel Zoltán, Farkas Balázs and me) and one TFOL (Matulai Marcell).

No three Stadler FLIRTs (4.8 metres long) and Bombardier Talent (1.6 metres long) were included in that train, and no freight waggons as well :D

All those Things make me pretty mad for having not only 1 piece of rolling stock put together... I lack the wheels and the money to buy wheels.

All those Things make me pretty mad for having not only 1 piece of rolling stock put together... I lack the wheels and the money to buy wheels.

Join a LUG. Great way to pool resources to make a long train and have fun.

For fun we coupled everyone's train cars together today for a long run. Excuse the rain water on the plexiglass. It was a rainy day outdoor picnic event. One member has old 9V stuff. I got it to work with my 12V lead acid battery transformed to 9V. Who needs an AC outlet to power the tracks? :laugh:

Edited by dr_spock

Here's my second longest train, currently 13 cars behind the engine and about 12 1/2 ft long:

03-train-long.jpg

Here's my second longest train, currently 13 cars behind the engine and about 12 1/2 ft long:

03-train-long.jpg

Only one picture is not enough for such a nice train-MOC... please give us more!!

Seeing all these long trains make me feel like I have such a small train display.

My longest train is the Emerald Night with two passenger trains.

TO BRICKLINK!

My longest train is the yellow cargo train with a bunch of misc. 4.5 volt freight cars. How does every one build such massive trains? My cargo train starts to struggle at 6 train cars long. Is there something wrong with the motor or are all power functions motors like that. With these motors there is major wheel skid except on my 4.5 track which has grooves on it.

My longest train is the yellow cargo train with a bunch of misc. 4.5 volt freight cars. How does every one build such massive trains? My cargo train starts to struggle at 6 train cars long. Is there something wrong with the motor or are all power functions motors like that. With these motors there is major wheel skid except on my 4.5 track which has grooves on it.

My yellow cargo locos now all have dual motors, it is easy to add a front motor and run the wiring up in the front of the loco so you dont need to use a reversing switch.