Admiral-Ackbar

How much is your SW collection worth?

Just wondering what companies you guys go with to insure your collections? I use www.collectinsure.com. A year of insurance runs me less than $200 US. Not bad when you think about, especially for what you get, IF something happens.

Jamie

I was going to go through my Homeowner's insurance, but I have seen Collectible's Insurance Services LLC before and often wondered if I should give them a shot. Do you feel secure using them if you don't mind me asking? Are they a legit company? Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

Ah ha! Thanks for that link. This thread has me thinking. I never thought of an insurance plan. My dad says it's all under the plan he made. Fingers crossed.

My insurance agent told me that my homeowners will not cover collectibles unless there is a rider on the plan. The coverage from my homeowners was more than the quote from www.collectinsure.com, so I went with them.

Your dad my be right, but, it is worth looking into to be sure. I also had to get one for my drums and guitars, there not covered either. Basic homeowners will only cover basic items in the house.

Your welcome, Jamie

Edited by jamie75

My insurance agent told me that my homeowners will not cover collectibles unless there is a rider on the plan. The coverage from my homeowners was more than the quote from www.collectinsure.com, so I went with them.

Your dad my be right, but, it is worth looking into to be sure. I also had to get one for my drums and guitars, there not covered either. Basic homeowners will only cover basic items in the house.

Your welcome, Jamie

What's a rider? I will definitely be looking into this further. Thanks for the help.

I think my SW collection is somewhere between $500 and $1000, not including the non-Lego SW stuff. :classic:

I don't have a Bricklink account, and I didn't see a way on there to estimate my collection. Anyway, I'm sure in this group many of you have much more LEGO than I, but to add to the discussion, I have every Star Wars set that is minifigure based, plus a few minis and UCS sets that I liked. I drew the line at Mindstorms -- UGH! In addition, I buy a few "extras" of my favorite sets when I find them on sale, as well as duplicates I purchase as a side business to finance my LEGO "addiction".

Before Star Wars, I collected classic space from 1978 to about 1984. I've also picked up a few random themes along the way like Insectoids, Alpha Team, Studios, Batman, etc.

I have no idea what it's all worth, but after 13 years, at least $10k for what's been opened and assembled, plus probably 3x's that for sets still boxed. I'll try to post some photos of my display sometime in the display thread.

What's a rider? I will definitely be looking into this further. Thanks for the help.

A rider is when specific items are added to your homeowner's policy. My wife has her wedding ring set added to ours as a rider. When I collected baseball cards, I had a rider for that also, as the collection was around $20k. It's very simple, you get the stuff appraised, and send it to the insurance company, and it is added to the policy at a small premium. I currently don't have anything for the Legos, never thought about it, but they are probably getting to the point of being some of the most pricey items in the house as a whole.

$3029, in 161 sets of which 34 are star wars, my rough estimate lands it at $837 for star wars and 4 are from 1999-2000 while the rest are 2006-2012, and mine is so not worth insuring when most is in a giant pile waiting to be shuffled through, hoping to find that one long lost piece. However, most of it is in my brother's hands, sitting in heaps in his room.:ugh:

I had around £10,000 (about US$15,670) of Star Wars, but nearly all my OT and PT stuff got sold when I moved, and I mostly only collect TCW now, so around £1000 (about US$1 567) now...

I purchase about 2,000 dollars worth of Lego products a year and have collected Lego sets for eight years now, so my collection is worth around 16,000 dollars.

Edited by UCSProductions1

Just remember, a set is only worth what people are willing to pay for it. Estimating value at what you paid will likely be way off...sets still in their original box will be worth more whereas used sets will be worth less, unless it's a unique set like the UCS Falcon.

I thought I owned way too much, but after seeing some of the other posts in this thread, I don't feel so bad. :tongue: According to Brickset, I own $5000 of total Lego, so probably 1/5 of that is SW. :grin:

According to Brickset I have a total of 39 sets, 28 of them SW sets, the others LOTR collection, Black Pearl, & Heroes.

Total retail value is US$2098, but actual value is probably higher due to the Sandcrawler, Jabba's Sailbarge, plus a few others.

Peanuts compared to others on here, I'm just in awe.

You guys have to remember, some of us have been collecting for a number of years.

I have always liked Lego, I can remember building when I was a kid and growing up with Classic Space sets in the late 70's early 80's. But, had a dark age and Star Wars brought me out of it. So I have been collecting from the beginning and have no plans on stopping anytime soon. So my number, of about $15k without MOCs and such, is 14 years of collecting!! Which is about $1071 a year on average. So less than a hundred a month.

That really is not that much when you break it down, but, added together over time, it adds up.

Jamie

How much something is "worth" depends upon what price its owner and a potential buyer might agree upon, so it's highly subjective and variable. Putting that aside, are we talking about what it would cost to replace everything? MSRP? Combined average secondary market values of everything? Combined prices one originally paid (including markups, sales and clearances, etc.)?

This thread asks about one's SW collection; the initial post does also talk about LEGO, but the actual question doesn't specify that, just SW. If we're talking about all things SW, both LEGO and otherwise, I have no idea about mine, but it's probably in the tens of thousands of dollars.

My LEGO Star Wars collection appears to fall somewhere between $2000 and $3000 for MSRP. I assume the current "going rate" for the sets I have is higher, although many sets have been opened (and the parts mixed in with those from other sets) - I do also have quite a few sets I haven't opened yet.

This thread asks about one's SW collection; the initial post does also talk about LEGO, but the actual question doesn't specify that, just SW. If we're talking about all things SW, both LEGO and otherwise, I have no idea about mine, but it's probably in the tens of thousands of dollars.

This is a Lego forum after all, so I would assume it was already implied that Lego SW was the aforementioned subject, not just SW items in general :classic:

I have yet to figure out just what exactly I do own as some is in my mums loft and will stay there until I manage to get a house of my own... perhaps I'll work out an estimate and edit this post later with it :sweet:

Edited by Fuppylodders

This is a Lego forum after all, so I would assume it was already implied that Lego SW was the aforementioned subject, not just SW items in general :classic:

I have yet to figure out just what exactly I do own as some is in my mums loft and will stay there until I manage to get a house of my own... perhaps I'll work out an estimate and edit this post later with it :sweet:

just looked up at brickset

$741. Most of my collection is at other topics

RRP, My collection is worth about $2725 USD, but with sets that have doubled in value, I can assume that it's gone up to at least $3500-$4000. :oh:

£4.27

Naw only joking. Compared to some my collection of about £3000 worth seems miniscular but it is just right for me :sweet: .

Wow. I never realised how many people had murderous wives! default_tong.gif

But seriously, thanks for all of your replies, guys! I'm amazed that so many people have answered my question and also the amount of people with very large collections....

You guys all need to stop and give me time to catch up! default_laugh_new.gif

My total Lego Collection is in the $15,000 range (Huge Red and Blue coat Army) My Star Wars collection is about $4,000.

According to Brickset, my SW collection is worth $2011 USD, almost 1/3 of my total LEGO collection.

In all honesty I am not quite sure how to price my collection. I own 5 of the big ships + SSD + latest X-Wing. I guess those total at around £700- £800. However I also own all the Star Wars minifigures Lego has ever made (minus Cloud City Bobba and Gold Chrome C3PO). And I am talking everything from the little mouse droid, to the big animals, Sarlac and all the variations and colourways ever released (around 450 in total). Now, I am not quite sure how to price that minifigure collection :wacko: (I suppose if i were to be lazy and average the price to around £6 per minifigure then it would probably be worth around £3k).

Edited by legolandia

I think round $500 or $600? I have some really rare minifigures, including jango fett and the rare Luke skywalker, so I don't know. I have some ships though, and the rare sets too. Wait...according to brickset it's $3000 *oh2**huh*

Edited by Lightning Dragon