Sariel

The Unofficial LEGO ® Technic Builder’s Guide by Sariel available f

Got another e-mail from amazon today:

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on October 08, 2012 (Order# xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx):

Pawel Sariel Kmiec "The Unofficial LEGO Technic Builder's Guide"

Estimated arrival date: December 19, 2012

Hopefully it won't take THAT long... would be just in time for Christmas though! :classic:

.... they will be donated to local libraries to help build up the number of Lego Technic fans in the USA ....

David, that is a noble thing to do. Hat off to You Sir.

amazon.com dropped the pre-order button, now says you can order and it's in stock Nov 4.

Yeah, they sent me an e-mail saying I would receive mine on Nov 7.

Mike

Edited by Kronos

Ordered this on Amazon a month or so ago, got an email saying 19th too, although it will definitely be later where I live!

I decided to use Amazon rather than No Starch Press because of the price. The book was a little bit cheaper on Amazon, but shipping was a lot cheaper to New Zealand

I did get in early and got a cheaper price though. I see the kindle edition is $10, but I would rather have a physical copy even if it costs a little more.

I am looking forward to receiving it!

Today, I received the four additional books that I ordered from the publisher (No Starch Press). They will be donated to local libraries to help build up the number of Lego Technic fans in the USA. I placed the order on Monday, October 29th and got it 3 days later. Although I live a few states away, that's pretty good service! :thumbup: If you don't want to wait, recommend ordering directly from the publisher instead of third-party sellers like Amazon.

I think that for "us" european builders should take longer to get it and we should even pay more for shipping and then the f.*à# customs :iamded_lol: :iamded_lol: :iamded_lol: :iamded_lol: :iamded_lol: :iamded_lol:

Hello all,

I pre-ordered my copy from the publisher site and received it last Monday. Of course, as an extra you get a digital copy when you order from them...

Interesting reading, not for those looking for instructions to build complete MOC's, but a very good mechanical and engineering course using LEGO :classic:

Yvan.

Update from Erfurt, Germany: I got my copy with today's mail. I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago directly at NoStarch.

The Book looks beautiful and worthy, an excellent price for a fully colored print edition.

I got my copy in the mail yesterday and spent about and hour reading through the first 4 chapters. The book is beautifully illustrated and even though I consider myself a pretty knowledgeable builder, I am still learning some things. Great book Sariel!

tim

Got mine yesterday also, Very well done book, Paul. I have yet to dig deeper into it , but what I,ve read so far is quit interesting. I think this is a must have for any die hard LEGO technic fan.

Dan.

Disappointed, no way. You did an awesome job, your a true master. Like I said I did a quick run through last night after work, and I just need to sit down and take the time to really read it. I saw a lot of things in it that I can put to use in future builds.

Dan

I saw a lot of things in it that I can put to use in future builds.

That was exactly my goal. My fear was mainly that people will expect this book somehow to magically explain every possible thing, to make them top-tier builders overnight. I'm glad you enjoy the book, as it took a lot of work and it was subject to many limitations, such as the volume or the tricky balance between beginner/advanced stuff.

Things like this never run out, there are always new techniques and ideas to put to use, so maybe you will get enough material for a second book in a few years.

mine arrived yesterday, and i'll say, this is really great!! Thank you, because I finally understand complex transmissions and will build one in a model possibly...Interesting fact how red parts are slightly weaker...

Loving the book so far Sariel, simple explanations and diagrams make tricky concepts easy to understand, :sweet: Good idea also to include instructions, these are great! :thumbup:

I got mine a couple of days ago. The postman gave me a weird look because the package didn't make a noise :D

Anyway, I've taken it out to check it really was the book I was waiting for and then had to put it back. Sometimes life takes over. I hope to finally get some time after tomorrow to really start reading it...