An question/assignment almost exactly like that in the QM Lounge, but for all roleplayers. RANK every quest you've been on. Not in how much you enjoyed it/quality of the quest, but how important it was to your character and their development. Give a small reason why. This will help you figure out how your character has grown within the world, as they should. I think the best characters are those affected by the quests they've been on. This should jog your memory, and make you evaluate your playing/what your character holds dear/what memories affect their current actions. Might be interesting.

Quest#52: Tower of Doom - Finishing the failure of 13. Sorrow and the nature of undeath. continuing the interaction with Guts.

Quest#29: Journey to Dastan - The weight of what to do with the traitor Emeraldo

Quest#44: My Best Friend - The conflict with Guts over the book

Quest#13: The Darkstar - First quest finding her feet as a hero, and party leading. Guts.

Quest#65: Breaking Down the Door - managing a disparate group and conversations with Dyric on nature of justice

Quest#58: Brothers-in-Arms - Guts. Again. Controlling the anger that fuels shaman magic.

Nice to see Quest#52 really meant something to Guts and Nerwen. I really wanted to finish off that story for them.

I cover a lot of this in my profile, but here's Tarn:

1. Tarn's fourth Quest saw him teaming up with some well-known heroes as they became Ambassadors To Dastan in Quest#30, hosted by Zepher. This was an epic Quest lasting 4 months that tested Tarn's ability and character. Responsible for the unfortunate death of an innocent based on compelling evidence at the time, Tarn left Dastan a wiser but more sombre man.

Fantastic group of people, great roleplay, big decisions and outcomes. Had a massive impact on Tarn. Plus his relationship with Ella is a big part of his character now.

2. Tarn's fifth Quest saw him attempt to defeat the 108 Stars of Destiny in Quest#50, hosted by the creator of the Heroica RPG, Sandy. Sadly this continuous battle proved too great, and Tarn and his companions failed about two-thirds of the way through the mysterious pagoda.

Tarn's first failure and dealing with that is always good roleplay potential.

3. Tarn's second quest was Quest#11 "A Matter of Principle", hosted by Waterbrick Down, where the party helped track down a missing boy and prevented possible armageddon.

Was just finding Tarn's voice at this time, and WBD's character-heavy plot was perfect for that. Met Atramor.

4. Tarn's first quest was Quest#5 "Cave Sounds", hosted by Sisco/cralegoboy. Tarn was chosen as party leader and successfully lead the party against Crozen Porthiar and her burial chamber friends.

Tarn's debut, and party leader to boot. Met Tesni and Ellaria.

5. Tarn's sixth Quest saw him exploring a strange and lethal remote island populated by fearsome dinosaurs giant lizards in Quest#67: Nova Tertia.

Was just what Tarn needed after his failure in Quest#50.

6. Tarn's third quest was Quest#20: Missing Minerals!, hosted by UsernameMDM, leading a party into the Silverpick mine to find out what happened to the missing minerals. We found a strange Gobbler creature, killed it, and went back for a big reward. Heroes, eh!

Set in his homeland of Titaan.

Quest 14: The Family Recipe - So much of Thothwick can be traced back to this quest. Two of his main character arcs - his hatred of Witches, and love of Hoptet - both started here. This Quest has cemented his character so much in my mind, that I can't envision what he'd be like if he had gone on Quest 15 instead.

Quest 53: Chaos in Eubric - Despite getting off on the wrong foot with several of his colleagues, he witnessed the downfall of one of his enemies (showing that witches in fact aren't impervious to damage), and grew a deeper mistrust of Atramor, fuelling Thothwick's greatest relationships with another PC.

Quest 30: Ambassadors of Dastan - A very close third place, this Quest saw the beginning of his relationship with Atramor, the building blocks that would lead to the formation of S.O.W. His admiration of Dragons also started here, which will lead him into his Master Class. His rationality was also demonstrated on this quest, during the confrontation with Constance.

Quest 66: WANTED! Steerpike the Poisoner - Baba's return, the knowledge that Bluto is alive, the first member of S.O.W, and his increasing friendship with the Ziegfrieds. Whilst it does help his character advancement, there was a lot of continuing plots, with none resolved, and no major new ones (except a mistrust of the Wolfgang, which may develop more should he meet any more of them).

Quest 43: Protect my Brother - No major character development, but he did get a chance to show of his charitable/gullible side with the beggars. He also showed some slight leadership qualities when leading the cause to not assist the Bonapartes, and demonstrated his value of life by not joining in the slaughter.

Quest 7: The Arena - He spent over half the quest imprisoned, and the short amount of time he spent outside of it was mostly fruitless, from a character-progression stand point.

My only quest hasn't finished yet, but when it does I'll post an evaluation of how it impacted my character here.

Oh god, this is going to be harder than it should be. :laugh:

Quest 70: The Syndicate- We could be here for hours talking about what happened on 70 that made it the bombshell of a quest is was for everyone involved, but the thing that really affected Karie was Masson and the Betrayal. Everything before and after that moment of pure storytelling genius becomes so much more clear when you look at both PCs, NPCs, and herself. She sort of is straddling the line her sister went. As well, Karie finding a romantic interest with Masson, and learns she's related to Violetta.

Quest 62: Insider Trading- Her intelligence is really brought out here. Karie's not some stupid idiot, she's actually rather smart. As well, her encounter with Fleur and herself doubting her leadership abilities really helped push her stress level along, which looking back at 70, it makes more sense. Nessa really helped push Karie over the deep end, as well as relieve some of her inner emotions. That and we learn that Karie's somewhat squeamish, and has a sister, and isn't fond of her personal image. I think we learn more about Karie here than in 70, but 70's had more depth to it I feel, where 62's was mainly back story. Karie's break down in 70 was the combination of all this, though.

Quest 56: The Stealer of Senses- Karie's fear of being hexed gets brought up here, as well as her introduction to her somewhat sexual nature. Her first encounter with Masson, as well, if you really look at it, it's more or less setting up Karie's downfall in 70. :grin: Somewhat of Karie's anger issues sort of sprout from here.

Quest 79: Fading Spark- Mainly just retreading old ground, and reinforcing certain things, like her fear of being hexed, her sister, Masson, etc. The tattoo on her back will be staying on her back. :tongue:

Edited by Kintobor

Sure. Unfortunately, I've already done Sarge, so I can't start. Come on everyone! Bandwagon time!

Anyone want to restart that 'review the previous reviewer's Character game' thing? That was quite fun.

I missed whatever this is?

Anyone want to restart that 'review the previous reviewer's Character game' thing? That was quite fun.

I don't think I'll be able to review anyone myself, but I'd love to see what someone thinks of Throlar.

I don't think I'll be able to review anyone myself, but I'd love to see what someone thinks of Throlar.

I'm sure your QM and quest mates will have things to say at the conclusion of #77

I'm sure your QM and quest mates will have things to say at the conclusion of #77

Why did you say that as if you weren't one of them?

'Cause Nerwen ain't no "matey," pal. :tongue:

Sure. Unfortunately, I've already done Sarge, so I can't start. Come on everyone! Bandwagon time!

It's a shame. Come on and let's get started everyone! :sweet: Sarge isn't that boring of a character is he? :blush:

Edited by Pyrovisionary

It's a shame. Come on and let's get started everyone! :sweet: Sarge isn't that boring of a character is he? :blush:

Perhaps if you started it off by reviewing someone else's character, people would be more willing to comply. :shrug_confused: Or if you'd just like an honest opinion of Sarge at the moment, just go ahead and ask for that directly. :shrug_oh_well: Edited by Waterbrick Down

Perhaps if you started it off by reviewing someone else's character, people would be more willing to comply. :shrug_confused: Or if you'd just like an honest opinion of Sarge at the moment, just go ahead and ask for that directly. :shrug_oh_well:

Oh yeah, now I look back I did docken last time. Anyone want a free pretty concise opinion of their character?

If so, start with Hoke! I think I did the last one.

Just start it over! Characters have changed and progressed. :wink: You can start with me again; I'm easy. (And I'm bad at reviewing other players' roleplaying.)

If so, start with Hoke! I think I did the last one.

Actually that'd be better...

hoke_ableword_1b.jpg

Hoke AbleSword the KrakenWhacker

I can't do Hoke that much justice, but I'll try. Statistically, Hoke is a Knight second only to Docken (But with a cooler sword). He says lot's of witty things and I really must congratulate you on that UsernameMDM. This is one of my favourites.

"Let's bury this fiend in a proper grave." (Hoke is talking about the enemy which is undead)

He strikes me as more thoughtful than some of the other heroes and you seem to roleplay on nearly every post, even when stating actions such as attacks. Which I find quite impressive. Hoke always seems to encourage the party's working as a unit and a team. And surprisingly Hoke was rather pessimistic once Wren was defeated. I'd like to see if that carries out into his next quest after Fields of glory. :classic:

Edited by Pyrovisionary

It is simply a way of speaking.

If I'd phrased it so it clear that I myself had something to say, you might want to hear it now or you might become unduly concerned about what I'll say, which might affect our interactions.

It is simply a way of speaking.

If I'd phrased it so it clear that I myself had something to say, you might want to hear it now or you might become unduly concerned about what I'll say, which might affect our interactions.

Nope, I wouldn't to change the way our characters interact because of something said out of character.

Nope, I wouldn't to change the way our characters interact because of something said out of character.

Why should it?

Separating one's character and oneself is pretty much the first step to playing a roleplaying game.

I never actually got to play my own game, so I'm going to go ahead and do that, because I think it's a good exercise:

Quest #28 - Boomingham learned so much. First quest with Barty. Great party. Cheap power is not real power. He will not allow for it. He is the defender of the weaker, and he will push them to become stronger (a belief echoed in Pseudos of 40). He punishes vampires. He is forceful and plunges into things. He is Boomingham.

Quest #70 - Second chances are not offered to those who warp minds (or really to many people in general). That's the greatest sin. This back-to-back with 66 were really important. Boomingham grew slightly more bitter. Arthur and his relationship grew leaps and bounds here... silently. Karie is his enemy. Changed Boomingham in the most apparent of ways.

Quest #40 - Strivvi. What to be said? I want to continue it beyond anything. Ellaria was met and befriended. Skrall proved his worth, and Boomingham changed his opinion of Ogres ever so slightly and quietly. Atramor and him fought, but they respect each other. Nyx forever and always. Power plays and political games are things that Boomingham understands and is interested in. He is extremely against slavery. He found a God that he respects and understands (I want to develop that too, and it has been important to him for a long time).

Quest #66 - What a power house. These top four (or even five) are all the quests that have really defined and permanently effected Boomers. He fought alongside Nyx and Thothwick, saw the value of Arthur, worked alongside his former questmates Sorrow and Nagure, felt at home with the nobility, fully defined his opinions of all the houses (likes the Merchants and Ji Pei, likes Zelda but is neutral to the Zeigfried, questionable towards the Guild, dislikes the Bonapartes) and officially stated a mission - the downfall of Baba. I want to continue that story-line for him, I think it could mean a lot to him AND Barty.

Quest #54 - A fun quest with Ellaria - she is an interesting relationship to him. They argued about defending others, but forcing those in danger to take possession of their own lives. He fought against a protest but championed unions, tried to help a Grumpkin out of poverty, and fought against corrupt "easy-money-makers". I want to go on another WBD quest just talking about it. :wub:

Quest #2 - It's tough, a first quest. Boomingham found his feet, developed a friendship with Atramor and Alexis and Hybros that would pop up later, along with his like of the heirs to both the Shadeaux and Hinckwell fortunes. His greediness and ladder-climbing were made clear, along with his easy-swinging nature.

Quest #57 - He began his alliance with Arnulf and a number of other important friendly NPCs. He abated his hatred of the Wolfgang slightly, giving up on being angry at them for tricking him in 28... but he hated them again soon enough. He got a little closer with the Ziegfrieds, but not close enough to really respect them or trust mages yet. Just realized that he met Alexander here... and then they acted like they didn't know each other in 77. Ah well, that was our mistake. I hope he and Sancho meet again some day.

Quest #8 - Boomingham met Nyx and developed his habit of bragging. If he hadn't met Nyx, it would probably be lowest, but he did, so there you have it.

Quest #22 - Nothing really developed for Boomingham here. He furthered his friendship with Mr. Marvelo, who forced him to consider mages more seriously. He finally got to lead a party. But other than that... nothing much.

This was a great exercise. I really advise that anyone who wishes to review their relationships and how they've grown should really do it from time to time.