Loco de Lego

What're your favorite and least favorite Star Wars sets?

OK, Now I have to wait for the new shuttle to come out with another new emperor, so I'm not sure if my answer will change.

This topic is impossible.

More like what are your top 20, now that would be easier to answer.

OK, Now I have to wait for the new shuttle to come out with another new emperor, so I'm not sure if my answer will change.

This topic is impossible.

More like what are your top 20, now that would be easier to answer.

Even then we all may have a hard time leaving some sets out. Lego has made so many great models.

The clone wars gunship beacause it's soo inaccurate!!

Which makes it fun to mod XD

Why inaccurate? Whats wrong about it?

(still thinking about my favorite set...)

A few sets come to my mind:

-Imperial Inspection

-7163 Republic Gunship

-Mos Eisely Cantina

-Wookie Cataram

-Clone Turbo Tank

-Ewok Attack

Heck is there a bad lego set?

I don't have many large Star Wars sets now, but I'm hoping to get at least two in the next wave.

Out of them, my favourite is probably the Imperial Landing Craft, followed by the AT-ST.

My two favorites 10123 Cloud City and 10188 Death Star. None of the other sets were so classic and incomparable than these. The Death Star is so massive and detailed, but Cloud City packs so much detail and utility cleanly into a "small" $100 set, not to mention stunning figs.

If I had it, it would probably be the DS, but since I can't afford it, I hate it. :tongue:

For me, it's probably UCS Grievous! Such a large, detailed, awesome model of my favorite SW character! :wub:

However, the Fighter Tank and Mos Espa Podrace are pretty close behind...

The old Republican Gunship, my friend has it and I think its the best, lots of little details (And lots of Clones unlike the Clone Wars version)

I also like the Minifig Star Destroyer, another great set :thumbup:

wow...tough choice.....some of my favorites are the rogue shadow,clone bp,snowtrooper bp,greivous's starfighter,and darth maul's starfighter.these are like the best sets ever.XD

Hello!

Okay, let's finally join the survey. :classic:

My favourite official Star Wars set is one half of set 4486. This little snowspeeder is simply incredible. :classic:

4486-snowspeeder.jpg

Cheers,

~ Christopher

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

I see many topics asking what the 'most bestest set in, like, ever' is, but very few asking about the doom and gloom of the Lego Star Wars sets.

In your own opinion (or as a 'fact'), what Star Wars set would you say is just awful.

For me, it has to be the Tie Defender. I just dont like it. It looks as if someone has attached several knifes to a Tie fighter cockpit. It appears as though Lego made this set while extremely 'over the moon' and with whatever pieces they could find in their office. But you may think differently. If you like it so much, why dont you marry it?!?

I'm kidding of course. Please tell me what you think is the worst Lego Star Wars set ever. default_satisfied.gif

The worst set ever, or the worst ever produced?

The worst ever would have to be the birth of the twins. It would be Padme on operating table with flick fire microfigs that pop out from under her. Lets hope LEGO loses the license long before that ever becomes a good idea.

As for real sets, off the top of my head I'm going to say that first Ewok set way back when. Mostly because of those unfinished prototype looking teddy bears.

As for real sets, off the top of my head I'm going to say that first Ewok set way back when. Mostly because of those unfinished prototype looking teddy bears.

Haha, I have that set. If only they had some printing on them.

I would have to say that the 2007 Imperial Landing Craft looks pretty bad. I think it looks like an Imperial Shuttle that's gained weight.

I'll go with Tontus in saying that his idea for a set is pretty bad. Ugh. But I would still buy that set. :blush:

I would say for the worst set being the Star Wars Bucket (7159) because of the inadequate models built from it.

--CallMePie, you beat me to it!--

Edited by olliebojangles

The Bucket, as mentioned, takes the cake. Second should go to Ultimate Lightsaber Battle. I suppose somebody could find some good pieces in it, but overall that's a terrible set just because of the idea of it and the stupid LuL minifigures.

There are others that are bad representations of things, like the original Jabba's Palace, but it has some redeeming features such as introducing a Jabba figure, coming with Slave Leia, the EV-9D9 head, to name a few.

I've always thought this set looked especially terrible. Combine a poor concept with lackluster execution and some terrible light-up gimmicks, and you have one gigantic piece of crap LEGO set that I'm very happy to have skipped.

Also, this may go down in history as one of the ugliest looking star ships ever sold for $59.99. :laugh: Yeah, right, LEGO. I'd rather have a tank of gas.

Haha, I have that set. If only they had some printing on them.

I would have to say that the 2007 Imperial Landing Craft looks pretty bad. I think it looks like an Imperial Shuttle that's gained weight.

I'll go with Tontus in saying that his idea for a set is pretty bad. Ugh. But I would still buy that set. :blush:

Oh really? That landing craft was one of favorite LSW sets. My least favorite set would have to be the anakin clone wars star fighter from 07/08. The model was fine, but it was the first to include that ugly CW face :laugh: .