Pandora

REVIEW: 7346 Seaside House

93 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

Excellent review 'Pandora', best creator house in years in my opinion.....I might even buy one when it becomes available in Oz ! :wink:

That outdoor shower idea is the work of pure genius....only a 2x2 radar dish instead of that round plate would have looked better but still it's cool ! :moar:

The colours are very summery and bright.....could also fit the Friend's theme so well, but I get the feeling it's a bachelor's pad ! :excited:

very nice review!!!!...i'm wondering if I'd better get this one or the lighthouse, what do you suggest me? unluckily my wallet sais they couldn't be complementary..

the external shower deserves my best compliments to lego architects!

Edited by alecs

cool review! :thumbup: before I've read it I wasn't quite sure whether I would buy this set. but now I definitely will

don't really like the colour scheme (blue walls+red roof = :sick:) but the variety of the different medium blue bricks compensates it

Excellent review, I appreciate the time and effort that went into it.

My wife, a big creator fan, can't wait till she can get her hands on this set.

(Which might be a while since we live in NZ :cry_sad: )

:thumbup:

Thanks so much for the review! Looking forward to picking this one up when it becomes available locally :thumbup:

I'm wondering if the 3rd build is actually some kind of take out place along with the seaside bar.

I was thinking the same. In fact it's why I'll probably buy 3 of these to build the first 2 and use the leftovers to develop the third into a nice little seaside club. The yellow set (4996) this replaces has always been one of my favorites of the creator series. This looks like the start of a new beach development in my little town.

Edited by xray

Looking at the pictures, this set looks better than went I first saw the initial spy shots. :thumbup: The medium blue used is better than the dark blue I thought the set will be using.

So good in fact I am now contemplating to buy 3 of these just so that I can build a medium blue modular out of all the bricks!

Congratulations on obtaining Gold and becoming an RA Teacher. :wub: Over the past year, you've certainly become one of the best, and maybe I should just say the best, reviewer on EB. I really like the sets you choose to review and I always enjoy reading your reviews a lot. You have most definitely developed your own unique reviewing style.

This review is no exception of course. I really like your in-depth review of all three models. Like many others, when the first grainy pictures of this set surfaced, I wasn't too excited about the colour scheme (mainly because it looked like regular blue). But the medium blue and red really make a 'fresh' combination that sets it apart from the rest of the houses in the CREATOR line. And it's not just the colour scheme. The building style also makes this house unique. I like the detailing that TLG is adding to these sets recently, while still maintaining the brick-built look of the CREATOR line. The highlight of the first model is obviously the shower, which you seem to have discovered too. :wink: I have to agree with your ranking of the models and I think that's mainly because of the slushie machine in the third model. :grin:

Thanks for another great review of a must-get set for me. :sweet:

Great review. Wasn't overly convinced about this set when I first saw pictures, but I think you may have won me over. Dunno what I'm going to do with all these red roof pieces though....

Thanks for the fantastic review. You do such a wonderful job.

This set will definitely be on my Christmas list, though I may have to find a way to get it before then. The creator sets are definitely my favorites.

I thought "slushie" machine immediately upon seeing it too :classic:

Great review Pandora - as always. :thumbup:

I love this little seaside house and I think it compliments the Creator Lighthouse and yellow house beautifully.

It's been a while since I've done any LEGO building. I'm going to have to pick up this set after seeing your nice review. I really like the colors.

5-star set!

Fantastic review, Pandora! This is the most thorough review, in both photos and text I have read in a while. You really showed the set off.

Great review. This build is certainly unique compared to many of the other Creator houses, given the landscape around all three builds.

I'd like to make a few corrections, though. The 16x16 bright green plate (91405 has only appeared in seven sets, and since the piece itself was only introduced last year it may still be new to many builders. It is, however, still easy to obtain since it's available through Pick-A-Brick.

The brick yellow (tan) 8x16 plate (92438) is even rarer-- this mold was also brand-new last year, and the tan one has only previously appeared in 2508 and 4644.

Your review seems to confuse them with the 16x16 baseplate and 8x16 baseplate, which are different than the ones in this set in that they are only half the thickness of normal plates and have no anti-studs on the underside (making them much less versatile). Last year regular plates, not baseplates, became the standard building surfaces in many themes, although baseplates still see occasional use in sets like the Modular Buildings.

Thanks for the brilliant review - my wallet hates you! With all the details you've pointed out I've got to buy this!

Thank you to everybody for your great comments. :wub: I really enjoyed making this review as it's really such a fun model to build and really has some interesting features.

I've never really liked the creator sets, but this one looks alright, it might be the parts or your review, either way. You're one of the best reviewers out there and I'm glad your on our team.

Thanks Cam! :sweet:

The colors as you said look strange at first but when the eyes get use to it, then it looks great actually.

There is some sort of strange transformation that takes place as you build the set. When I first saw the High-Res pictures I thought the colour scheme was odd, and it might have been better in tan perhaps, but as the set is built the colours actually seem to harmonise. It really does end up looking great in real life.

I have no doubt that this newest house will look fantastic along side the rest of them, but I'm particularly excited to see how it looks beside (or in between) the Beach House and the Lighthouse. I was initially skeptical that this would be too similar to the Beach House, but everything from the colour, to the design, to the details are different enough that it seems completely fresh.

I think it will fit in nicely not only into Town/City layouts, but also into her Friends "Heartlake City" layout. Olivia's the only one with a house thus far, the rest of the girls are homeless! Not only that, but the $10 sets from the Friends line would furnish all these Creator houses nicely, I think.

The colours are very summery and bright.....could also fit the Friend's theme so well, but I get the feeling it's a bachelor's pad ! :excited:

I love this little seaside house and I think it compliments the Creator Lighthouse and yellow house beautifully.

I really think that TLG have actually pitched the build and the colour scheme very cleverly with this set. I too can really see this fitting in with past CREATOR builds (such as the Lighthouse and Beach House), with a Friends Heartlake scene, with a Town setting, and in fact I even think you could integrate Paradisa here, and that's all because this is themed as Seaside and it's probably the Medium Blue itself that would facilitate that integration.

If there's one down site, it's the fact that it only has one minifig, which is, imo, one short... kids will wanna play with the set and that usually requires a boy and a girl... so yes, playability (8/10) is a bit too high...

I have no problem with it having "only" one minifig, since up until last year's Log Cabin, Creator houses didn't have minifigs at all.

I completely agree that we don't get the CREATOR sets for the minifigs, but really if they are going to include one then perhaps a different torso would have worked better. A really lovely (and so far unique) torso cropped up in 4625 Pink Brick Box, and it would be a great opportunity here for TLG to do the same for CREATOR sets. That, or even include the CMF surfer, especially as CMFs are appearing in all sorts of merchandise (such as the Brick Calendar). Of course, two minifigs will always be better than one, and Shane the minifig here really does look in need of a companion, so maybe playability is scored too highly in that case.

very nice review!!!!...i'm wondering if I'd better get this one or the lighthouse, what do you suggest me? unluckily my wallet sais they couldn't be complementary..

the external shower deserves my best compliments to lego architects!

I am sorry to say this alecs (welcome to EB, too) but I have both and I really couldn't choose between them. :blush: I really adore both of these sets, however the Lighthouse is older and won't always be around, so maybe get that while you can?

But the medium blue and red really make a 'fresh' combination that sets it apart from the rest of the houses in the CREATOR line. And it's not just the colour scheme. The building style also makes this house unique. I like the detailing that TLG is adding to these sets recently, while still maintaining the brick-built look of the CREATOR line. The highlight of the first model is obviously the shower, which you seem to have discovered too. :wink: I have to agree with your ranking of the models and I think that's mainly because of the slushie machine in the third model. :grin:

Yes, this is a set that really stands out, and although it's CREATOR through-and-through, the increasing level of detail is extremely welcome, particularly (as you mention) the shower and slushie machine, and also the interesting brick-built greenery too.

I'd like to make a few corrections, though. The 16x16 bright green plate (91405 has only appeared in seven sets, and since the piece itself was only introduced last year it may still be new to many builders. It is, however, still easy to obtain since it's available through Pick-A-Brick.

The brick yellow (tan) 8x16 plate (92438) is even rarer-- this mold was also brand-new last year, and the tan one has only previously appeared in 2508 and 4644.

Thanks for the corrections. They are indeed full thickness plates, but I still have a tendency to refer to them as baseplates (I can understand how that may sow confusion), and with that in mind I searched for the wrong thing on BL. :blush:

Congratulations on obtaining Gold and becoming an RA Teacher. :wub:

Thanks Rick! :wub_drool: and thanks to everyone else for the congratulations too. :sweet:

Excellent review with huge congrats to you again, for achieving the golden badge of becoming a very fine teacher in the Reviewers Academy. :wub:

I am definitely getting this Seaside House. I really think it complements all of the existing Creator sets very well and to see this set in those fine pictures of yours, had certainly made me determined to get it.

I hadn't been a fan of the Creator theme (I can already see a mob forming against me), but the reviews here at Eurobricks have made me realize how good the models are. This model is full of detail and great design, and it's superior to many of the licensed sets that previously caught my attention away from this theme. Thanks for the detailed review! I don't have the space or money to get this beauty, but one can dream! :tongue:

is there an ETA for this? Local lego store (UK) hadn't heard of new creator sets yet. I was kind of hoping they'd be available along with the Sopwith Camel this Friday, to save me multiple trips, but no sign yet.

I like it! Very cute design! I love the very compact nature of this set. Especially love the first one's design. Has very small details I love, and that little grill is adorable.

Also, I like the shrubbery found in the second build. It is a good shrubbery. I like the laurels particularly. I demand that you go out there and find another Creator Set that contains...another shrubbery! Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you must place it beside the first shrubbery, only slightly higher so you get a two-level effect with a little path running down the middle. Then, when you have found the shrubbery, you must build us a sports car...wiiith...the bricks in this set!

Now go!

Ni! Ni!

:knight::laugh:

Thanks for the great review! I've never been inclined to get any of the creator houses before, but I don't think I'll be able to resist this one. It will also be a great parts pack for me, I don't have much in the way of doors and windows so this should help a lot :laugh:

Nice review. Good looking set, compliments some of the recent Creator sets. That Lighthouse from last year for sure. If I kinda force it, can also work with the Log Cabin. Almost makes me wanna get that terrible Marina set (IMHO) from City to go along with this set. All 3 of the builds are also appealing to me.