Bonaparte

20,000 Members!

I've joined this site because I was looking for other train AFOLs ...and I've found them! :wink:

After the first period I've realized how wide was this fantastic site ...so I've found MORE and MORE! :laugh:

Now I'm totally addicted ...EB is a kind of drug! :wub:

I will be honest. I joined Eurobricks because they seemed to be the first with 'new set' news and pictures. Not long after that, I found a well-mannered community that was just fun to be around. I have seen a lot of things change around here over the years, but the friendly atmosphere hasn't. Keep it up, and here's to another 20k! :]

Oh, yikes! I think I found out about Eurobricks via the forum on Bricklink, not too long after I began to come out of my dim (not totally dark) ages. Up until that point, I was totally unaware of what AFOLS, etc., were doing, and was in awe of the many intricate MOCs that I found posted on this site. I was totally inspired, and usually bewildered- Man, how did they build THAT! Sir Nadroj was one of those members who blew my mind back when I first joined. And Hinckley (I hope I spelled that correctly) was still doing his fun Fabuland-incorporating set reviews.

Now, as inspiring as it all was, I have to admit that I never really had any time to really do much more than put together the released sets, with an occasional modification. And, my post were few and far between, and usually punctuated by a message from an admin. telling me to resize my avatar photo. Nevertheless, I keep coming back to Eurobricks to check out the reviews, the previews, and the latest MOCs. You guys are all pretty awesome.

Derfel Cardan and many other great builders!! All of whom I am shamelessly getting ideas and looking at how they put their builds together. Bricklink has had a beating this year and doesn't look like stopping anytime soon.

I was one of those people who stumbled upon this site while looking for new starwars sets. This site I found, had information I couldnt find anywhere else.

I have to say, I have grown up alot, and changed as I used this forum. This, was actually the FIRST online forum I ever used.

When I first joined, in my excitement and noobyness, I became one of those annoying people worried about their post-count. I also made a few mistakes, and almost got myself in trouble, but, fortunately I learned my lesson the first time, and the mods gave me a second chance.(thank you)

I learned alot about forum etiquette and soon started joining in with more topics and became really active in the Pirate section for a while.

I learned more about photography, and, my contest pics have gotten better in quality with practice.

Now, with college starting, and other things In life, I dont have as much time for lego, but, I still come back here to check for the latest news, and get a smile from looking at some of the neat, funny, and unique MOCs posted here. I have come to appreciate how well moderated the site is, but its still balanced, and people get to have fun here. The contests are cool, and the community is awesome.

Thanks to all the staff for your hard work to make this place what it is, thanks to my fellow members for all of your inspiring creations.

and, May the Force be with you.

-Dan

I just looked it up, my member number is 1561. I didn't know I had a 4 digit number!

I at first signed up because I liked all the MOCs which were posted on this site. I didn't do much with my account and nearly never commented on any ones stuff. Simply because my English wasn't good enough (at least I thought it wasn't good enough). Eurobricks kind of helped me avoid my dark age. Of which I am really thankful!

I forget the exact circumstances, but I know that while my first experience with EB was the Star Wars rumors (I believe I followed a link from TBB).

I joined the same way, looking for Star Wars leaks and was linked from TBB. I was apprehensive that the web site is called Eurobricks but after looking at the community I quickly relized that it is a world wide site. Keep the members comming.

Ive joined over a year ago, Im here nearly every day and make almost 1.5 posts a day trying to contribute to the community. Ive just latley got into MOCing and show casing my builds on EB. With out EB my MOC's would only be hiding in the corner of my spair room at home, now it got exposure to the whole world.

Edited by wokajablocka

I feel old now. :tongue:

I had been lurking for over a year, looking at the occasional news bit and MOC, and finally joined around the time that set images were emerging, particularly of Atlantis.

Eurobricks has different sections for different themes and discussion topics, unlike some forums which are centred on a few things. That's perhaps one of the best things about the site, and what made me sign up in the first place.

Once upon a time, Peppermint bought a laptop. With this laptop she got to go onto the web and find all sorts of cool stuff. She joined a Steampunk forum and also took the plunge into the online Lego Community with a page on the popular Lego image host MOCpages. When her love of the steampunk community waned Peppermint found that there was not much community for her on MOCpages either. The final push was the outage of the Steampunk and Anime web forums she used to use. Adrift with no community, she googled Lego Forum and discovered Eurobricks.

A MOC and a welcome thread soon followed and when on this forum, a Staff member greeted her to the site. In all the other forums the staff had been aloof, swooping onto rulebreakers and yakking it up with their friends on the forum, ingnoring mere newbies. She decided to stick around and carried on posting her MOCs, discussion and some illicit brick reviews.

As member no.4757 I am by no means a new member. Four years with regular daily activity and one event under my belt and being promoted to staff myself I am at least Established.

Guys, thanks for making this forum and making it great :thumbup: . Zorro, we miss you, thanks for giving this nutty AFOL Gal more motivation to stick around. Everyone, thank you for tolerating my interest in clone brands.

96089pb01.jpg

And a hearty "Baaaaah" to you all!

I found this through the Star Wars 2011 photos and created an account after seeing all the cool MOCs and the Mafia Games forum. This was and is probably the most familial and communal Lego community compared to the others.

I actually found out about Eurobricks off of "The Brothers Brick". Also, when I googled for Lego reviews this site was almost always one of the first to pop up. I checked it out and was watching it for about 2 years. :tongue: I finally decided to join and help contribute through reviews and comments. I'm so glad to be a part of this great community! :sweet:

I just noticed I have a 3-digit member number! I didn't think I joined that long ago...

I joined well before I came out my dark ages - it wasn't until 18 months later that I finally admitted to another soul I was addicted to LEGO! Before this I used to browse the forums without posting much.

You can see that over 5 years later I haven't posted much more! I must have one of the lowest average post counts possible. The reason for this is mostly that I am only interested in MOCs - I'm quite shy on the internet so don't say much. Almost all of my posts are on MOCs!

However I saw a lot of castle MOCs on Flickr recently and saw that there was some kind of contest on EB - Historica! I had a few castle ideas in my head and it seemed to good to miss out - so I think I have doubled my post count just with this contest! I am really enjoying making castle MOCs that I probably wouldn't have otherwise made so I hope to increase my average post count! :laugh:

I found Eurobricks very much by accident (think I was via Google) and posted some pics of my Napoleonic army in the pirates forum. I was surprised by the friendly responses and so I stayed around. At the time I didn't yet know that there was a 'Eurobricks' outside of the pirates forum :classic:

Few months later it took some initiatives in the pirates forum (made some indexes) and I was noticed by Mister Phes and later 'recruited' as Pirate Moderator. Some time passed and Jipay promoted me to Global Moderator and next Root Admin (because of my engineering skills). We're now 5 and a half years later I'm still here, went to 3 events (such great times!) and I'm not going anywhere soon.

I only have one place on the Internet where I feel "at home" and that's right here.

I believe I was looking through MOCs (which, at that point, I had only recently discovered existed outside of the usual 10 year old multicolored spacecraft) all over the web, and one giant one in the pirate forum caught my eye. I wasn't, nor am I, a huge pirate fan, but the scale of it astounded me. So I lurked for a month or two looking through all the big stuff and exploring the forum.

It was the mafia stuff that finally got me around to joining, but I think getting images of sets 6 months before they came out was also a heavily contributing factor. And I haven't left since. :sweet: (I found out about Bricklink, arms, forge, and warriors all through here as well...and I swore to myself I'd order the parts for a sigfig ASAP. 2 years later and not one Bricklink order to my name. :laugh: )

I was in the dark ages forever and this last year finally came out of it. I was starting to get into MOCing modular type buildings and was looking through them on Flickr. I somehow came across some MOCs people did on this site. I would read posts here and there, but didn't join until earlier this summer (about 4000 members ago) and have posted just about daily since then. I have come to love the early images of sets, the release dates, the discussions, and of course the MOCs.

Keep up the great work EB. I'll still be around when we see another 20k members come through.

Hi,

Found this site with google but reading Derfel Cadarn guide on building a medieval village, made me sign up. And also bought my first set in a long time on a tip I found in the sales section, grand emporium on amazone.fr.

Now checking daily and reading all the older posts, still ahve a lot of reading to do :classic:

J.

I've known this site for at least over a year; I stumbled across the EB set reviews a few times when googling for specific sets. At first, I just read the reviews and moved on, but thanks to the quality of the images and the humor in the reviews the site started to become familiar. In the summer (2011) I finally decided to take a closer look at EB and after a few weeks reading reviews and discussions and looking at MOCs, I decided I wanted to weigh in as well, so I joined. What drew me in were the pleasing visual design, easy navigation, (usually) great quality pics, interesting discussions with "insider information" and points of view I haven't considered, and the civility and humor of the discussions.

Since I joined I usually visit once or twice a day. So far, as a college student i didn't have the time or money to build up my collection or offer any presentable MOCs, though maybe that will change in the near future, with the inspiration and motivation from EB.

EDIT: And this being a fitting 100th post, I have now acquired full citizenship rights!

Edited by Ardelon

It's just occurred to me that Big Cam joined about three months after I did, though it seems like he's been around much longer than that. :oh:

I'm kind of in the same situation as KielDaMan in that I didn't seem to have become fully active on Eurobricks until about a year after I joined, with the first of my numerous debate threads and my first MOC post. It's quite funny to see threads I remember posting in located some 50+ pages back. I can't remember exactly why I joined, but I think it had something to do with the fact that I had been an avid reader on the old FBTB forums but could never participate because the site never let me sign up.

In any case, I've been on nearly every day since then, and my time on this site has been quite the experience with its numerous ups and downs... I hope people will be able to share in this experience for years to come. Let's keeρ oη brιcking...

It's just occurred to me that Big Cam joined about three months after I did, though it seems like he's been around much longer than that. :oh:

Tell me about it; I've been here longer than Siegfried and Shadows! :grin:

I AM THE SEA!

Wait, what are we talking about? It probably seems that way because I used to be a post whore, everywhere all the time. :devil:

I AM THE SEA!

Wait, what are we talking about? It probably seems that way because I used to be a post whore, everywhere all the time. :devil:

Well, you've got 10600+ posts and eight tags, not to mention a staff position and a huge sig. Next to that, my two tags and measly 2000+ posts make me look like a n00b. :laugh:

EDIT: Rufus and CorneliusMurdock joined after I did as well. Inconceivable. *huh*

Edited by fallenangel309

EDIT: Rufus and CorneliusMurdock joined after I did as well. Inconceivable. *huh*

Shh! Don't call attention to that, our hostile takeover plans aren't ready yet! I mean... Um... What hostile takeover plans? :grin:

I don't recall exactly the Google search that got me here. Or maybe it was a link from somewhere. Wow. You get a little older and your memory just goes. Anyway, I lurked for a while after joining. Then the LDD contest and Series 1 contest came up and I actually started posting. After losing horribly in those, I just wouldn't go away. Then I found the Games forum. :classic:

Well, you've got 10600+ posts and eight tags, not to mention a staff position and a huge sig. Next to that, my two tags and measly 2000+ posts make me look like a n00b. :laugh:

I wasn't awarded that stuff because I posted a lot, I got them do to contributions to different areas.

If anything my crazy posting style was a problem in the beginning, unfortunately being repeated now.

Just keep having fun, contributing and good things will come your way,