Sandy

Heroica RPG - Marketplace

Avalanche enters the Marketplace. He hands Portia a small bottle of Nostrum. She says immediately, "That'll be 17 gold." (rounded down). She hands him the gold. He then buys a Dirt Bomb from her for 10 gold.

He then approaches Anwyl. "Hello. I wonder if you'd accept this club for 15 gold?" He hands Earthshaker (WP:3) to the smith, who inspects the weapon closely and then gives a nod. "That'll do, sonny."

Finally he catches sight of Elphaba and her market wagon. He strolls up, inspecting the items. "Hah, a yeti?" Elphaba snorted, "I haven't served a yeti yet. But, again, you are a respectale-looking monster- not one of those puny elf-types, so, what do you want?" Avalanche picked out a small orange item, "What does this do?" "Oh- it's a Pumpkin Bomb- they deal multiple negative effects to all enemies during a battle." "Sounds useful- and I have the money for it...Oh, and throw in a Bone," agreed Avalanche and purchased the Pumpkin Bomb and a Bone for 65 gold, leaving him with 0 gold. "Happy Samhein," called Elphaba after him as he left.

43 + 17 + 15 = 75 - 60 - 10 - 5 = 0 gold

Edited by Dragonfire

Purpearl enters the Marketplace and walks straight to Elphaba's cart.

"Ah, new around town?"

"Yes ma'am, I am Purpearl and I am looking for gems."

"Hmm, let me help you out."

Elphaba sticks her hand into a barrel, fiddled for a second and emerges with an Amethyst.

"This purple gem will serve you well. Now that would be 100 gold, if you desire."

Purpearl hands 100 gold over to Elphaba.

"There you go my dear, this Amethyst is yours."

Purpearl slid the Amethyst into her sling bag and left the Marketplace with 100 - 100 = 0 gold.

Edited by Purpearljellyblob

Heckz entered the Marketplace and noticed Elphaba's wagon. He read a sign that said something about bones and crystal balls, and so he sold 2 bones and a crystal ball, leaving him with 237 gold. (127 + 100 + 2 x 5 = 237. After that, he looked through the wares and found the Lovelorn Wand. "I don't think you'll need that anytime now sweetie. With that face I could enamour anyone without a wand." Heckz looked at Elphaba, almost puking as he saw her warts. "Well recently everyone is ignoring my looks, this wand could be usefull if such thing happens again." He bought the Lovelorn Wand, leaving him with 147 gold. (237 - 90 = 147). As he left the wagon, his eyes caught a peculiar looking book. It's so tempting, but too expensive. Maybe another time.

Edited by Eric Su

Stigveladi arrives at the Marketplace and recognizes Elphaba's Wagon. "Greetings, fellow Mage! Here I am, back, as I promised! And I have some gold to spend as well. Let me see." She looks through the wares. "I am a bit in a hurry and unfortunately I already spent much money on useless consumables. I'd love to have an Amethyst however. I think it can be very useful. Hm. I guess I take a Garnet as well. You are asking for 200 gold then, right? I'll give you two Silver Ore (120 Gold) plus 80 Gold."

After that she visits Fabian again, trading the Enchanted Bracelet for a noble Golden Fleece (90 Gold), earning 50 Gold with that deal. With this money in her pocket, she buys some of those consumables that proved more useful than others.

Amethyst 100 Gold

Garnet 100 Gold

- 2x Silver Ore -120 Gold

Elphaba Total 80 Gold

Enchanted Bracelet 40 Gold

- Golden Fleece -90 Gold

Fabian Total -50 Gold

2x Nostrum 70 Gold

2x Mead 30 Gold

Portia Total 100 Gold

Grand Total 130 Gold

Having done the shopping, Stigveladi sits down to wait for the others of the quest to arrive.

Avalanche ambles up to the Marketplace, Trollsbane slung over his back. He nods as he sees Stigveladi, "This our meeting place, then? Where's everyone else?"

Nagure sells the Silver Ore for 60 gold. (205 + 60 = 265)

He purchases a Scroll of Confusion, a Scroll of Weakening and a Scroll of Sleep for 150 gold. (265 - 150 = 105)

Finally, he merges the Scroll of Confusion and the Scroll of Sleep with the Yeti Fur Coat. (105 - 100 = 5)

Nur sells:

silver ore (928+60=988 gold)

phoenix essence (988+25=1013 gold)

tonic (1013+7=1020 gold)

10 bones to Elphaba (1020+50=1070 gold)

2 water bombs (1070+10=1080 gold)

Nur upgrades his staff to WP: 18 (1080-(130+140+150+160+170+180)=150 gold). He buys an amethyst and has it inserted into his Lichen Armour (150-150=0 gold).

Hybros sells his Silver Ore and two vials of Venom for 65 gold. He then buys three deadly-looking Pumpkin Bombs from Elphaba for 180 gold. He leaves with a total of 858 gold.

Having taken a short break from fighting bandits and demons in the desert Namyrra went to the market to seek out Elphaba.

"Greetings green one, I'm looking for gems. To be precise, I'd like to buy: 1 diamond, 1 amethyst, 1 aquamarine, 1 garnet and 1 emerald. And I'd also like a scroll of frailty and a scroll of weakening. I believe all that adds up to a total of 600 gold. Have a nice day madam."

Namyrra then went to Anwyl and had him imbue the newly bought diamond, amethyst, garnet and emerald into her crystal mace for 200 gold.

With only 55 gold left, but with a vastly more powerful weapon to kill demons with she went back to the Oracle to wait for the others.

Shopping, shopping, shopping! And more gold in her pocket than she'd ever had before! Nyx meanders her way through the bustling Marketplace, admiring wares and just soaking up the atmosphere of being back in her home town again, even if it was far too cold. She sees Elphaba's wagon once more and cannot resist the urge to visit her now she's back again.

"Hello madam, I am drawn greatly to these wands of yours, and I always like these shiny and destructive gems; hmmm"

Eventually, after lots of picking up and examining and putting down, Nyx decides to buy one Lullaby Wand (516-90= 426gold), a Scroll of Sealing (426-50= 376gold), a Scroll of Blindness (376-50= 326gold), an Amethyst (326-100= 226gold) and a Diamond (226-100= 126 gold), and a Pumpkin Bomb (126-60= 66gold). After thanking Elphaba, Nyx moves on to Anwyl and asks him to merge her new Diamond with her Zee's Standard (66-50= 16gold). Satisfied with her purchases she catches up with the rest of her companions once more.

Having taken a short break from fighting bandits and demons in the desert Namyrra went to the market to seek out Elphaba.

"Greetings green one, I'm looking for gems. To be precise, I'd like to buy: 1 diamond, 1 amethyst, 1 aquamarine, 1 garnet and 1 emerald. And I'd also like a scroll of frailty and a scroll of weakening. I believe all that adds up to a total of 600 gold. Have a nice day madam."

Namyrra then went to Anwyl and had him imbue the newly bought diamond, amethyst, garnet and emerald into her crystal mace for 200 gold.

On their way to Elphaba's wagon, they meet Namyrra and some other Heroes. She greets them.

"What are you doing here? I thought you were on a quest? You look quite ... Sandy."

Quickly stopping in Eubric in the middle of a quest, I head to Elphaba's wagon and purchase a Ruby, a Garnet, and a Sapphire for 100+100+100=300 Gold.

I then approach Anwyl's smithy, where I have all three imbued in my Dread Hat for 50+50+50=150 Gold.

With 1108-300-150=658 Gold remaining, I head back to rejoin the party.

Romulus sells his Axe and Throwing Dagger for 75 and 30 gold respectively. (945+105=1050) Then, Romulus buys an Emerald, Sapphire, Ruby, Topaz, Aquamarine and Opal for 600 gold total. (1050-600=450 gold) Romulus then pulls the Garnet from his Spiked Club, before selling it. (450-50=400) (400+50=450)

Now with all his gems, he puts the Garnet, Emerald, Aquamarine and Topaz into Dawnbreaker, costing 200 gold. (450-200=250) Romulus then asks Anwyl to put the Sapphire, Ruby, Amethyst and Opal into Combrys. (250-200=50).

He leaves with only 50 gold left.

Hybros purchases a Ruby, an Opal, and a Sapphire from Elphaba and has Anwyl imbue them into his Sword of Ancestral Hatred for a total of 450 gold.

Drake entered the Marketplace. He figured he'd need a wider range of firepower to get through any fights he might fall into during a quest. Unusually, he took a turn to Elphaba and looked around until a pile of Pumpkin Bombs sitting in an old box in the corner caught his eye. Intrigued, he tapped on the counter to get Elphaba's attention and, after doing that, bought three Pumpkin Bombs.

(60 X 3 = 180, 295 - 180 = 115 gold left)

Happy with his new artillery, Drake strolls out of the marketplace.

Cinna enters the marketplace, it looks the same as she remembered. Heroes and would-be heroes running back and forth between stalls, trying to find the best deal for thier coin. Glad to see she hadn't missed another visit from Elphaba, Cinna heads over to the wagon.

Elphaba is busy rubbing the counter with some sort of paste, she has a sour look on her face, and as Cinna walks up she puts on a smile to greet the proprietor.

"Good day, Elphaba! It's good to see you back in the market."

Elphaba looks up and tries to hide the frustration. "It was a good day, but now I've had to waste time and money mending this counter."

"What happened?" Cinna looks at the counter, which has already been repaired and polished now, and then back to Elphaba.

"Drake happened."

"Ah...yes, he does a number at the Hall as well. I don't know how that Johon fella can put up with it."

"It's a risk I take coming here, but it can be worth it in the end. How can I help you today, is there something here you'd like to take a closer look at?"

Cinna smiles. "As a matter of fact, yes. I'd like to purchase two Pumpkin Bombs and I have here three Bones to sell."

Elphaba sets two Pumpkin Bombs on the counter as Cinna sets the three bones and Gold Statuette and 55 gold on the counter. Cinna collects the bombs and stores them in her pack.

"Have a great rest of your visit, Elphaba. I'll see you around next time.", she smiles to Elphaba and heads away from the stall.

(gold tally: 144+5+5+5+50-120=89)

Ellaria goes to Elphaba and sells her Pongcanis Spear, Standard Issue Saber, Minotaur Horn and two bones. (648+35+25+75+5+5=793 gold)

She then buys scrolls of frailty and weakening as well as three pumpkin bombs. (793-50-50-60-60-60=513 gold)

Then she goes to Portia to buy 1 mead, 2 smelling salts and 2 nostrum. (513-15-25-25-35-35=378 gold)

Finally she visits Anwyl, and upgrades Ignis Fatuus to WP:12 and Sylvania's Crossbow to WP:8. (378-110-120-80=68 gold)

After the last succesfull quest, Alexander has returned in Eubric and visit the market.

He sees the Elphaba's Wagon and wihout wasting time he goes to buy an Opal and sell his 4 bones (680-100+20=600)

The he goes to Ahwyl to imbue the Opal in the Fauxthril Crossbow, the he upgrades the Fauxthril Crossbow from WP: 7 to WP: 8, then from WP: 8 to WP: 9 (600-50-80-90 = 380)

He left the market heading to the Hall.

Not even noticing the other Heroes in the Marketplace, Arthur purchases a Scroll of Blindness and a Scroll of Confusion, before heading out to his meeting with De'kra. (918-100=818 Gold)

Haldor stopped off at the marketplace in order to buy and sell some things.

1. Reptillian Scale sold to Elphaba for 100 gold.
  2. Sickle Claw Knife sold to Anwyl for 60 gold.

Total: 696 gold

1. Dualis Sceptres upgraded to WP: 13 (-550 gold)
  2. Amethyst imbued into Dualis Sceptres (-50)

Total: 96

Haldor then returns to the hall.

I apologise for not roleplaying these deals, but I'm a little tired now.

Thormanil and Arx approach Elphaba's cart, ready to drop some major coin. While Thormanil is picking out some scrolls, Arx begins picking gems up between his jaws and carrying them over to Thormanil's pile of scrolls. When all was said and done, the two had racked up quite a tab:

800 gold from gems alone (Aquamarine, Emerald, Garnet, Opal, Ruby, Sapphire, Diamond, Amethyst)

250 gold from scrolls (Sleep, Blindness, Confusion, Frailty, Weakening)

Totaling to 1050 gold, leaving the duo with (2583-1050) 1533 gold.

As is usual, it is Barty who does the shopping for the dynamic duo. He lugs behind him the Tome of Affluence and a number of other items. The angel flips through the tome as he goes, grumbling the whole time and adding his own little notes to the work that now has three authors.

First to Anwyl's, selling the Pongcanis whip (80/2=40 gold+386=426).

Next to Elphaba. The angel stares down the witch and conducts his business quietly, selecting a Scroll of Frailty, two amethysts, a ruby, and a lullaby wand. (50+50+50+90=290. 426-290=136)

Finally, he returns to the dwarfish man and gives him the book, having him inlay an amethyst and a ruby into the cover (136-100=36). The angel leaves the market with a small cache of gold, but feeling more prepared.

Mizuki walks into Fabian's store and purchases the Death Mask for 400 Gold. Walking out with the Death Mask in hand, Mizuki stops outside Anwyl's smithy and asks him to take the diamond out of her Sylph Shuriken. After she has him implant the amethyst and the diamond into her Dual Gladii. She pays him 150 gold for his services and walks out. Ending up outside Portia's potion shack, Mizuki buys 6 nostrums for 210 Gold.

(765-400-150-210=5 Gold.)

Dreyrugr first wanders over to Elphaba and buys an opal. -100 He then heads over to Anwyl's and gets him to remove the Amythest -50 from his dagger, and put the amethyst and the opal into his scythe. -50 -50

402-250=152 gold left

Nerves dodges around the commotionin the square and steps up to Elphaba's wagon.

She purchases scrolls of confusion and frailty as well as a garnet, opal and topaz.

She counts out 50+50+100+100+100=400 400 gold, leaving her with 645-400=245 245 gold.

Thank you Elphaba. I hope they catch your thief.

Edited by Chromeknight