Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

I'd suggest that party leaders should have the authority to change an action if they see fit, but that'd be awfully hypocritical of me, seeing as how my initial approach to this battle was going to be to try and knock out anyone holding the orcs off :grin:

I'd suggest that party leaders should have the authority to change an action if they see fit...

That would only worsen the problem. The other heroes would amount to minions for the party leader to control.

Then it's just one person playing. That should absolutely never be the case.

I will talk more about the inactivity in the near future. It really has made me unhappy. I will certainly be considering it in picking for future quests.

I am also busy. And this game should never be a chore. But people should use judgement, because they can take fun away from others, and that's not acceptable.

Edited by Zepher

Well, yeah. Although in this particular case, it'd be minion-ception, as the action in question was for an NPC under nstick's control, heh.

That would only worsen the problem. The other heroes would amount to minions for the party leader to control.

This is actually something that is starting to become a lot more aware to me - especially after 97.

As cruel as it sounds, I think a solution would be for QMs to not take certain players on quests again, if this is the result. I'm not referring to nstickney, but others who I have gathered don't really seem to read what's going on around us. It cost us in earlier diplomacy, and it could very well cost us now. :sceptic:

As a member of the "life gets in the way" party (especially as another semester draws to a close), I understand this completely. However, it is considerate to your fellow players to act as Flare did:

Even consider taking it a step further and saying something along the lines of "I'm busy [ex: only viewing from mobile] and may have missed something, so feel free to change my action as needed." I'm just as guilty of this as anyone else, I've missed actions before and made the wrong action. It's something I've been trying to fix. I don't think anyone should treat this as a job--it's meant to be a fun side-thing. That's why it's "check in once a day" not "once an hour". But please, do try to take those few minutes to make educated contributions.

:thumbup: Exactly.

Then it's just one person playing. That should absolutely never be the case.

I will talk more about the inactivity in the near future. It really has made me unhappy. I will certainly be considering it in picking for future quests.

I am also busy. And this game should never be a chore. But people should use judgement, because they can take fun away from others, and that's not acceptable.

That's the key point there, I think, and why it makes me so upset.

As a random aside, those horses are brilliant. A killable buff? Love it! Can you imagine, though, if Arthur was here with his Overkill gloves? They'd bleed gold.

As a random aside, those horses are brilliant. A killable buff? Love it! Can you imagine, though, if Arthur was here with his Overkill gloves? They'd bleed gold.

They're hits, not hitpoints.

Arthur would have to trudge through the blood of like fifty guys to get there, too. :tongue:

Or he could just eat his way through the corpses.

Edited by CallMePie

Benji. :devil: Though I thought they weren't "3 HP" so much as "3 hits", the way the vines in 93 were? :confused:

And ninja'd. :blush:

Right now, he's stuck 600 (soon to be 6,000) feet down under, about to tke on a horde of contagious rats. :tongue:

Also, all of the "The Minoid is you, Endgame!" comments: I have inserted an expy of myself into an incredibly minor role in one of my quests. Which one it is, though, you'll have to figure out by yourselves. :poke:

Edited by Endgame

Those are hit counters, very different from health - I don't think that they would work the same way. :wink:

And thank you! I think the horses were my idea... but, alternatively, I may have stolen them from another quest by accident. :laugh: I WILL be using them again in the future, I am very happy with both as allies and enemies.

Also, all of the "The Minoid is you, Endgame!" comments: I have inserted an expy of mytslef into an incredibly minor role in one of my quests. Which one it is, though, you'll have to figure out by yourselves. :poke:

Hehe, I know who it is, but I'm not telling. :grin:

Oh, well I didn't realize that. I probably should have, though, given the AoE damage that's been laid down thus far. But still--imagine if they were 5hp! :tongue:

As cruel as it sounds, I think a solution would be for QMs to not take certain players on quests again, if this is the result. I'm not referring to nstickney, but others who I have gathered don't really seem to read what's going on around us. It cost us in earlier diplomacy, and it could very well cost us now. :sceptic:

I can't speak for all QM's, but I'm highly suspective that almost all of us take activity into account as well as past behavior, so no need to worry. :wink:

Those are hit counters, very different from health - I don't think that they would work the same way. :wink:

And thank you! I think the horses were my idea... but, alternatively, I may have stolen them from another quest by accident. :laugh: I WILL be using them again in the future, I am very happy with both as allies and enemies.

Suggestion: Different breeds of horse offer different buffs. For example, a horse equipped with armor might be too heavy to be Hastened, but the extra armor might absorb extra blows, making the hero Reinforced. :classic:

I do, of course have the most masculine icon. The weighted companion cube.

Nah, I still think of you as a turtle with a sedge hat.

Speaking of inactivity, CMP and 98ers, I have to inform you that I'm not entirely sure how my internet connection will be on/after Monday. I think it should be fine, but if not then you may have to drop me. :sceptic:

If I'm good to go, though, I'll try to inform you sometime between Tuesday and Thursday. I really think I should be fine, but just in case I guess.

It looks like the subject has changed from that #90 thing, which might have been deliberate, and this is a big block of stuff. So this is in spoilers.

Benji Olmstyr - Free Hits (Red Lizard General A, 140 Damage, Olmstyr KO'd)

Alexis - Free Hits (Red Lizard General B, 140 Damage, Alexis KO'd) Counterstrike (42 Damage to Red Lizard General B)

Haldor - Free Hits (Sons of Light A, 80 Damage, Haldor KO'd)

Glup - Free Hits (Sons of Light B, 80 Damage, Glup KO'd)

Guts - Free Hits (Sons of Light C, 80 Damage, Guts KO'd)

Thormanil - Free Hits (Sons of Light D, 80 damage)

Benji - Free Hits (Cassandra, 140/2= 70 Damage)

Only the Sons of Light's free hits would have been affected by the bomb, so if they'd been out, it would have gone:

Benji Olmstyr - Free Hits (Red Lizard General A, 140 Damage, Olmstyr KO'd)

Alexis - Free Hits (Red Lizard General B, 140 Damage, Alexis KO'd) Counterstrike (42 Damage to Red Lizard General B)

Haldor - Free Hits (Cassandra, 140 Damage, Haldor KO'd)

And earlier, Olmstyr could have easily been K/O'ed if he'd rolled damage and Haldor hadn't rolled shield, which would have stopped him from taking Guts' damage, so Guts might have been K/O'ed anyway.

>Benji vs. Cassandra - Beast Form

Alexis vs. Son of Light D - Satisfy

Haldor vs. Prince David - Blood Ritual (65 HP transferred from Cassandra to Olmstyr)

Glup vs. Son of Light's C Horse -Damage (No damage)

Olmstyr vs. Son of Light C - Critical Hit: (71 Damage)

Guts vs. Son of Light A - Damage Shield: Ravage (98 x 2 = 196 Light, Darkness, and Ice damage to all enemies, 300 gold stolen)

Thormanil vs. Red Lizard General A - High Assault (270 Damage, Red Lizard General A KO'd)

>Benji uses a Nostrum - Benji made Lucky

Jess vs. Prince David - Lethal Hit (38 Damage, Poisoned 1)

Nelvin stunned vs. Prince David - Lethal Hit (20 Damage, Prince David Immune to Assassination)

Nelvin vs. Prince David - Critical Lethal Hit(25 Damage, Prince David Immune to Assassination)

>Purpearl moves to Eastern Front

>Purpearl vs. Prince David (Darkness) - Damage (2 Damage to Purpearl Olmstyr)

>Matthias vs. Cassandra's Horse - Hit (1 Damage)

>Matthias vs. Son of Light's A Horse - Damage (No Damage)

Haldor vs. Olmstyr Prince David - Blood Ritual (2 HP transferred from Cassandra to Olmstyr)

Guts vs. Son of Light B -Special Damage Damage (80 Damage, to Guts Olmstyr)

Dreyrugr vs. Red Lizard General A - Hit (144 Damage)

Dreyrugr vs. Red Lizard General B - Special Damage: Tactical Error (Dreyrugr no longer Hastened, Red Lizard General B Hastened)

>Dyric vs. Red Lizard General A - Special Damage: Tactical Error (Dyric No longer Hastened, Red Lizard General A Hastened)

Basically my point is, sure, that round could've gone better, but a lot of it came down to luck anyway.

Anyone care to remind me, if the Phoenix Essence Incense is a full-party, 100% revival (per section, in this battle, obviously), what's the Cosmic Essence do?

Edited by swils

Believe it or not. I spend most of my spare time refreshing the sub-forum page and waiting for something to happen. But long battles make the game a chore. They really do. They REALLY really do. Because player interaction is what this game thrives on, not ingenious boss fights that encourage me to post "Repeat" or "I do as the party leader says"

those things get boring really fast. I know nothing about being a Qm but I'd say that having low health high level enemies might be the way to go.

I'm currently active on another forum, Tamriel foundry, and thier Rp section is really unstructured, and has no mechanics. Hell, that thing is entirely story/player driven, and we still get 60 page threads. But the problem with it is that it's full RP, apart from plot it's just the same thing happening over and over again. Whereas heroica has proper mechanics.

My advice on keeping a quest interesting is to break up the plot with battles. Not the other way round. (Breaking up the battles with plot) And to keep battles short.

Edited by Pyrovisionary

Anyone care to remind me, if the Phoenix Essence is a full-party, 100% revival (per section, in this battle, obviously), what's the Cosmic Essence do?

No, Phoenix Essence revives one person with full health, Cosmic Essence revives one person with full health, ether, and the blessed effect, and Phoenix Incense revives the entire section.

Incense* whoops, that's what I meant. But okay, so Cosmic is single-target as well. Thanks

Why do I get the feeling we may see a Cosmic Incense in our future? :look:

I've also noticed that when there are less people in a party, our heroes actions seem more profound.

Edited by Pyrovisionary