Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

I'm writing Atramor's bio on the wiki now, and something's occurred to me.

We've been going for three years now and somehow we have absolutely no timeline to go off in reference to, well, anything. :laugh: I know this is because of the weird timeframe Quests can go into...but I think now that we have a wiki to record this stuff at then maybe we could take a crack at establishing some kind of reference point.

I'm thinking we could use either the Orcish Invasion or CAT to serve as reference (in the way we use BC and AD). The former seems like it would make more sense just because it's more well-known in the world.

We've been going for three years now and somehow we have absolutely no timeline to go off in reference to, well, anything. :laugh: I know this is because of the weird timeframe Quests can go into...but I think now that we have a wiki to record this stuff at then maybe we could take a crack at establishing some kind of reference point.

I'm thinking we could use either the Orcish Invasion or CAT to serve as reference (in the way we use BC and AD). The former seems like it would make more sense just because it's more well-known in the world.

I've just used the CAT to refer to Hybros' entrance into Heroica. Other than that, in-character, I used other quests and occurrences as reference points ("after Dastan", "before Xu", etc.).

And in my mind, they happen in the past as real time: e.g. Quest #114 happened in September 2014, so in-game it was four months ago. So if Hybros saw someone from that quest in the Hall, they would be referring to it as having happened four months ago rather than a few weeks ago when it ended.

And in my mind, they happen in the past as real time: e.g. Quest #114 happened in September 2014, so in-game it was four months ago. So if Hybros saw someone from that quest in the Hall, they would be referring to it as having happened four months ago rather than a few weeks ago when it ended.

Right, which is a reasonable compromise. If we kind of ignore the insane volume of time we spend in the Hall and just stick to when a quest canonically takes place (a day in 48 and 53's cases) I think it would all come together reasonably well.

Right, which is a reasonable compromise. If we kind of ignore the insane volume of time we spend in the Hall and just stick to when a quest canonically takes place (a day in 48 and 53's cases) I think it would all come together reasonably well.

Agreed. I actually think it kind of makes sense the way that heroes spend most of their time in the Hall or out and about between quests. In-game, new quests would only be posted every few weeks or so (which is more or less equivalent to how it is in real life). Makes sense; you can't really expect the world to need Heroica every day.

Welcome to Heroica, bionicle_fanatic! Loved reading your character's introduction scene :classic: . It vaguely reminded me of someone else's intro, but I can't remember whose. Some character that also entered the Hall on accident (was it Guts??).

@Khorne: Thanks for the welcome [:)] Sorry the intro was so short, typing on an android... [:P] Hope Karl manages to somehow get that up in a quest soon [:P]

Hah, no need to be sorry, the intro was long enough :tongue: . New quests will probably come after the holidays.

Welcome bionicle_fanatic!

Some character that also entered the Hall on accident (was it Guts??).

Oh no, Guts' intro was a dramatic piece of him being forced into service of Heroica by Captain Patricia. :tongue::ugh:

It vaguely reminded me of someone else's intro, but I can't remember whose. Some character that also entered the Hall on accident (was it Guts??).

Atramor tripped on his way in, does that count? :laugh:

Hah, no need to be sorry, the intro was long enough :tongue: . New quests will probably come after the holidays.

I normally like to at least get a few pages done in a post [:P] [:P] More like writing a novel than RPing... [:P] And ace, that'll suit me fine [:)]

Welcome bionicle_fanatic!

Thanks [:)]

I read that yesterday, it actually made me LOL XP [:P]

Oh no, Guts' intro was a dramatic piece of him being forced into service of Heroica by Captain Patricia. :tongue::ugh:

Ah yes, now I remember :sweet: .

Nah, it's not that one either. That was funny, though :tongue: .

I think it was the entry post of Dak Shadeaux (played by Darth Nihilus). I tried to search it, but I couldn't find it. If I remember correctly, he was also running from something and then entered the Hall by accident.

In other news, Eric now has a wiki page, too. Yay! :grin:

I wouldn't mind Dragon Aid getting replaced with something more like Petit Breath, or even better evolving like the SHIELD roll does--it's a bit underwhelming to roll a 4 for poor Thormanil in 118 and realize that he's nearly 10 levels higher than me and yet is only doing 10 more damage on the same roll.

I think the biggest problem with the Dragon is that there's nothing the player can do to improve it. Have great weapons? Cool story, bro, you've got a 1/6 chance to actually hit with it in a given Round. Got a sweet tank build? That's nice, let's take you out of the picture with your mechanically best roll (High Assault). Oh, you're Encouraged now? That's okay, your Dragon isn't. :trollface: Literally the only thing you can do is try to level up so your Dragon gets stronger; WP, effects, and non-dragon elements don't matter, and SP and immunities only matter for you personally (since you can't reliably tank Free Hits).

That said, I do think we need some more testing to see what exactly the Dragoon can and can't do, and what exactly would make it better. I know we've jokingly talked about an all - Dragoon Fields run of me, Thormanil, and Hoke, but maybe running a test scenario of that exact thing would be a good way to see just what we need to do to fix the class. :sweet:

It's probably also worth noting that in 118 so far I've balanced around Ellaria, Hybros, and Docken, but not Thormanil. Food for thought. :wink:

I think one thing to note about the Dragoon class is that it is a long term class, Dragoon doesn't really get good till level 40 or 50. By level 60 a Dragoon's Shield roll does one of the highest damage attacks among all the classes. They aren't necessarily meant to fill a certain roll, yes they can use shields, but that doesn't make them good tanks. Yes they can wield super cool weapons, but that doesn't make them good status inflictors. Dragoons are survivors and high damage output machines and have a dragon, if you're looking to fulfill another roll than you probably need to look at another class. I agree more observation would be good, but I haven't seen anything to really persuade me that the class needs changes. :shrug_confused: Edited by Waterbrick Down

In-game, new quests would only be posted every few weeks or so (which is more or less equivalent to how it is in real life).

Wait, you mean not all towns just have hundreds of quests at the ready for you when you walk in, like in video games? :cry_sad:

Zepher, really nice work on Boomingham's wiki page so far. PC pages can be really handy for keeping track of people's stories. Boomers is one that I tend to read and follow more closely, yet there were already a few surprises for me on the wiki. Such as, the fact that his son was named Bartholomew. At first I thought of some relation to our resident tank-among-tanks, but then I remember his angel. Cool connection there. :thumbup:

...And now I've been inspired to update Hybros' page. At any rate, it will be good to read back to the old quests. It definitely is a trip to see how different things were back then.

Yeah, I know it's not something that everyone's into (obviously we all play the game differently) but I think the stories of the PCs and their transformation due to each other and quests is the real engaging story in Heroica, so I really like cataloging it in a way that it's easy to catch up on. I also do really love re-reading quests, especially since right now I'm trying to figure out where to go with Boomers and more specifically Barty. I'm glad I inspired you to update Hybros' page - he also happens to be a character I follow rather closely. :laugh:

Yeah, I also go by Hybros' system. I usually have Boomingham hang out for "a few weeks" around town after quests, going bar hopping, but only let him do that a day or so real time. That is usually how I fix up the time deal.

:laugh:

EDIT: Sandy, I didn't realize (or forgot more likely) that Jun swore to never touch his swords again after 75. Very cool. :thumbup: Thought it was weird that he didn't fight in 119 but it makes sense now.

Also, working on the wiki entry for 19 and found this introduction:

"It's great to see you again Jess, others. I think it's important that you know how we came to this. After we left the Arena, Mr. Cleric, Phil, Hans, and myself all awoke where we had been taken from - me slightly outside my village, Hans on a plain near-by, as it turns out, Mr. Cleric outside his home near Ennoc, and Phil near Newharbour. We all met up, and vowed that we would track down and defeat Lady Wren while she was still on large. Sadly, Phil had obligations in his home land and sailed off, and Mr. Cleric had a family to look after, but they promised they'd keep an eye out for Wren in their areas of the world, while Hans and I did the same in our world. I had a Mage in my village devise a system for us to communicate, and I hired someone on Eubric to post Quests if we ever needed Heroica's help again."

Lots of stuff set up in there that I don't think I even knew I'd be building on. Phil going home to Dastan - which I didn't know existed quite yet. Felton and Hans conveniently waking up near each other (because of what Felton was). "Hired someone in Eubric" aka Johnny Everyman, a good many quests before he was actually introduced. :laugh:

So yeah, welcome bionicle_fanatic. :classic:

QM Note: Update will come tomorrow. I've got some images to take, and unfortunately I'm away from my collection. :sad:

You mean away from your... caustic collection... *laughs at his own joke*

I tried to make a page for Heckz and now I know I am the worst at editing wikia pages. :sadnew:

I'm not sure if this question is more suited to the FAQ, but what is the enemy with the highest health as of this post, and what is it's health? I'm toiling away at a potential thing and was wondering just how stupidly and insanely OP I need to make the end boss.

Edited by Kintobor

Has anyone else in the Decamon tournament who went first won yet?

Edited by UsernameMDM

Has anyone in the Decamon tournament who went first won yet?

Bobby, vermilion cup.

Has anyone else in the Decamon tournament who went first won yet?

If you are referring to just matches, then it looks like the first player has won in 19 of the 49 matches played thus far.

Edited by joeshmoe554

EDIT: Sandy, I didn't realize (or forgot more likely) that Jun swore to never touch his swords again after 75. Very cool. :thumbup: Thought it was weird that he didn't fight in 119 but it makes sense now.

See, I can keep at least some details about my storylines straight. :laugh: Glad someone picked it up, because him staying out of the fight was very much intentional for that very reason. :thumbup:

Sandy, can two players just proceed with a match, or do you need to tally up after every cycle before the match can continue? :classic:

Sandy, can two players just proceed with a match, or do you need to tally up after every cycle before the match can continue? :classic:

No, I already stated that player-vs-player matches can be played without my involvement. I will only mark down the end result.

If you look at the other Cups, other players have exactly that. :wink:

So yeah, welcome bionicle_fanatic. :classic:

You mean away from your... caustic collection... *laughs at his own joke*

I tried to make a page for Heckz and now I know I am the worst at editing wikia pages. :sadnew:

I'll post a couple links once I'm back on my desktop (having some issues with it at the moment so I'm stuck on mobile right now), but if there's anything else I can help you with on the wiki, don't hesitate to ask! :thumbup:

These are probably the two most helpful pages available to new editors of the wiki:

http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Help:Wikitext

http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Help%3ATemplates

The latter will help you understand how to use those nifty infoboxes I've been continuously cooking up for characters and Quests: http://heroica-rpg.wikia.com/wiki/Template%3AInfobox_character and http://heroica-rpg.wikia.com/wiki/Template%3AInfobox_quest

...aaand for some reason that didn't merge. Lovely. (Interference between mobile and desktop, maybe? :sceptic) Sorry! :blush: