Efferman i have to say I dont like the rear mud guards. :blush: and i am not to sure about the cab doors ether.

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Efferman i have to say I dont like the rear mud guards. :blush: and i am not to sure about the cab doors ether.

i have no problem with your opinion. i know that the U400 is ugly, and i try to get the look so close as possible to the original. so iam not wondering if someone dont like my version. iam happy if someone says what he think about my mocs and tell me if i had make an error.

i have no problem with your opinion. i know that the U400 is ugly, and i try to get the look so close as possible to the original. so iam not wondering if someone dont like my version. iam happy if someone says what he think about my mocs and tell me if i had make an error.

Your mudguards look much better than the original, but isn't it possible to mount them a stud lower?

Thats nice to know,i am sure it will look great when finished.:classic:

Those rear mudgaurds look very realistic. On most kinds of vehicle like this the rear mudgaurds always look a bit too large and imposing when there is nothing else around them (like a trailer above them) just because we are used to seeing something else there to hide all but the side edges of the mudgaurd. I suspect they will look like a great improvement to the original design when the rest is finished.

The rear "liftarm"panels look good in combination with the newly designed cabin. It has a more Creator than technic look.

Always like original ideas. (Even when this Creator style is not my thing)

One thing.

I hope you will take care of the front-mudguards as well. Now they look kind of weird when built with connectors instead of liftarms

I hope you will take care of the front-mudguards as well. Now they look kind of weird when built with connectors instead of liftarms

hm, i will see what i can do with my parts. but i think liftarms will not work for it.

Iv just been looking at the 8110 review on technicbricks and seen that people have removed the 4 3/4 pins in the front chassis to give a better steering lock,has anyone tried this yet?

Ps, where are all these attachments people were working on lol :)

I guess that most of us skipped a step in the building instruction....

(see book 2 page 38 step on)

I suspect that's sarcasm lol,did u remove ur pins junkstylegio?

My current MOD

I lengthen it by 8 stud, 4 middle 2 each end.

Added a center PTO, compressor and center PTO are switched separately.

Added PPTO center, moved front PPTO to other side, and added an air tank

Dumping bed

Pictured in the bed is a 3 point hitch attachment

Moved the arm to a center mount, can be removed. had to adjust it to get it to fit in a smaller space. I still need to make outriggers.

Still tweaking stuff.

hpim1787.jpg

hpim1785.jpg

I had played with having the pneumatic switched on the UNIMOG instead of the attachments, but I didn't like the look of the row of switches,

I had set up 3 for the front and 2 in the back.

Super nice mod radar92!! You definitely enhanced the value of the model and it looks way closer to the original.

tim

Really nice mods radar92 well done :thumbup:

Super nice mod radar92!! You definitely enhanced the value of the model and it looks way closer to the original.

tim

The original also looks very close to the real thing too :)

Edited by davidmull

I love ur gritter well done, iv just ordered orange panels for my plow,it's currently yellow but I looked up real mogs and all the plows are orange.cost me €25 just for the panels am I mad lol