snaillad

MOC Modular Bank

Hi everyone!

Here is another early to mid 20th century building from me. I started it a few months ago and worked on it on and off and eventually decided to furnish the interior. I could not destroy my last corner MOC and wanted a way to keep older theme going!

It has some Art Deco theming but I have tried to keep it more 'realistic' as it is a bank.

There is 3 floors of details, and also a tram outside and people reflecting the period.

5873032654_961d60e733_z.jpg

5872483163_5895850476_z.jpg

5872488517_ea49c297b0_z.jpg

Many more pictures can be found here and at my FLICKr

Comments very much welcome!

Great work snaillad! The design is excellent (the facade with the rounded corner is so beautiful :wub:) and I really like the colours you've used. The tram is a great touch and adds to the overall picture.

Brilliant work! :thumbup:

fantastic design! I love it I think this is just awesome!

your modular building is very good, but the tram... WOW

have a nice lego day

mrBlue

Oh, that tram is sweet looking and the bank itself.....oh, I just love art-deco styled stuff....this is so beautiful. :wub: The blue strip up/across/down the corner section and the very top brick work....yep, perfect art deco designing....goes with your other art-deco build pictured ! :grin:

AWESOME work 'snaillad' and totally Brick On ! :grin:

I really like this one. The amount of detail is perfect - not too much and not too little - and the color scheme is fantastic. It makes such a nice pair with your other tan building pictured, yet each building is still unique. Truly wonderful Deco. :classic:

This is a classy MOC. Like the others have said, that curved corner is very nice, and I love the colour combinations. Tan and blue is not something I'd have tried, but it really works. Great job!

Excellent MOC Bank 'snailiad'. Very elegant design, I am much impressed. The cable car was a nice touch, keep up the great work :classic:

Beautifully-done snaillad! This classically-designed bank is very well done with its curved corner and elegant tan-with-blue-highlights color scheme. And of course, that tram, which is a great-looking MOC in itself, really adds a nice touch to the whole build. Excellent work overall! :thumbup:

I gotta chime in with the rest here. That building is excellent, and the interior is also very well done. Lovely stairs too. But that tram is just :wub: :wub: :wub:.

That's a really nice and sleak design.

Simple looking, not too many details, perfect.

And I must admit that I was also immediately drawn to the tram. Wow

Great building especially with this rounded corner, and a nicely styled interior too. And of course I like the tram, too, having built a similarly shaped one myself. :classic: Though I didn't make an overhead wire; you found a nice solution for that, though it's maybe a bit short.

Thanks for the comments about the building. Just checked our your tram, its very good, I did alot of research in books and historical pics etc when I attempted mine but I never gave thought to check MOCS :laugh:

It was a bit of an afterthought, I perhaps could have made the overhead wire more vertical but the street posts were becoming unstable and taken the eye away from the relatively short buildings so I had to compromise.

Thanks to everyone for the positive comments so far :classic: especially about the Tan and blue combo, I did have some second thoughts about going to dark tan instead. But I am glad I didn't! :laugh:

I hope Lego bring out more Dark green, it would really help out the era of my buildings!