KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

I just got and built the Pirate Snub Fighter. It is a big set, with several colorful pieces inside it, and the Nikto Pilot is the highlight for me. He's gonna be my Y-wing Pilot in my display, and Vane will be the Snub Fighter pilot.

Got the Inquisitor Scythe recently, it's a neat build. Mostly got it for the figs. Additionally, while I was on vacation, a colleague of mine opened up a Bricks and Minifigs close to where I was staying. I managed to snag Darth Vader (sw1106), Sabine Wren (sw0742), Agent Kallus (sw0625), a clone Jet Trooper (sw1093), and one non Star Wars fig for $50 as a thank you.

Picked up Luke's X-Wing before it flies off the shelves. 55% of the box was just air. Box sizes are inflated but this was the worst i ever noticed.

As I started collecting the dioramas (and midi-scales) back in August, I needed to buy Vader's meditationchamber second hand to complete it. Got it for only 30 €, as there were no figs included. So I had to buy the strange Vader-Robot to get a new Vader and some replacement parts for the chamber. Own some Vaders back from 1999 onwards (including the chrome one), but obviously the design changed duringe the last years. Veers seems to be quite expensive on bricklink, so the chamber is gonna be displayed with one from 2010, should be the magnet one. 

Edited by Commander501

I've bought a bunch of custom minifigs and parts this past month.

• Dedra Meero from BlackMarketBricks.
  • Cobb Vanth, Saw Gerrera, Survivor Merrin, Nightsister Zombie, Taron Malicos and the Rebels clone trio from BrickDaddyMinifigures. I also got an extra of their Cassian figure to upgrade my one of the official Rogue One figures.
  • Custom hairpieces for Survivor Merrin and Baylan Skoll from AV Figures, as well as some parts to make a custom Second Sister minifigure. 
  • Mon Mothma, Asajj Ventress and Rebels S3 Sabine torso and legs from GCC. (Just waiting for these to ship out.)

As for sets, I took advantage of some stellar deals I found this month. I got two of the 75288 AT-ATs off Amazon for $50 off each, bringing my total of playset AT-ATs to three just in time before this set retires. I also got the 75331 UCS Razor Crest off of Shop@Home for 30% off with double VIP points and the 40597 Scary Pirate Island promo. 

Bought Darth Vader Mech, Dark Trooper Attack and the last Millennium Falcon Microfighter. Finally have a Vader fig, and my first green lightsaber piece too. The MFMF is a great little rendition of the ship, by the way. But the three have now already been disassembled in order to my Millennium Falcon MOC I'm working on it. "One must destroy in order to create".

I've gotten quite a bit in the last month and a half since I last posted in here:

• 66775 Hoth Walmart Value Pack
  • My first order from CAC; just a couple of jetpacks.
  • Another 332nd Battle Pack from the Detroit Lego Store after going to Brickworld last month, as well as some other non-Star Wars stuff. 
  • 40658 Millennium Falcon Holiday Diorama for Insiders Weekend in November, along with both promotional sets at the time and all three Indiana Jones sets, which are of course Lucasfilm-related.
  • 75366 2023 Advent Calendar for half off from Walmart.
  • 75320 Snowtrooper Battle Pack. I got three of these for around $13 each from Target right around Black Friday. Including the one that's included in the aforementioned Hoth Walmart pack, that brings my total of this set to ten just before it retires. 
  • 75354 Coruscant Guard Gunship and 75360 Yoda's Starfighter for $42 total, thanks to me saving up my VIP points and taking advantage of most double point events. Speaking of double VIP, I got double points on the $42 I did spend, as well as both the seasonal promos that were going on.
  • I also got another custom minifigure order from BrickDaddy Minifigures that arrived today. Two more Jedi: Survivor characters: Bode Akuna and Dagan Gera have now been added to my custom FO/Survivor collection.

This is probably going to be it for my Lego shopping for the year, definitely for Star Wars at least. Maybe I'll have a few things under the tree, perhaps some more 332nd packs. I got some really fantastic deals throughout the year and continued to grow my collection more and more.

Been quite a year for SW purchases with me, especially last month. 

75345 501st Clone Trooper BP

75359 332nd Ashoka’s Clone Tropper BP

75348 Mandalorian Fang Fighter vs. TIE Interceptor 

and awaiting to be shipped 75362 Ashoka Tano’s T-6 Jedi Shuttle 

I was trying to stick to Phase 1(and ARF) army building...but I found 75345 cheap & the 332’s are just cool...nothing wrong with a slight detour. :grin:

I went to my local store last Saturday, hoping to find some new releases but the shelves were still empty after the Christmas rush. So I resigned myself and went nextdoor to grocery shop, and in their small toy aisle I found a lonely pirate snub-fighter 30% off which immediately went to my cart :D

Welp, I'm becoming the very thing I swore to destroy and now have 5 of the new battle pack- 1 from a Kohl's in chicagoland, one from a walmart in another state, and three purchased online. 

I actually made a couple purchases recently- I got a chunk of change out of nowhere, and I decided I'd spend a fraction of it on legos. Local walmart had the AT-TE for $112, so picked up that, the aforementioned copy of the new battle pack, and a copy of the 332nd pack for $16 (Which walmart listed as a sale from $27, which.. sure, walmart. Sure.).  They also had a Galaxy Explorer for $65, and I'm tempted to go grab em.

Was finally able to get x2 of 75372. And while I like the clones I am more interested in the droid components of the pack. My LEGO Droid army has been lacking since I started my clone army with the 501st BP back when that was hot. Now finally those pesky clones will have to take down not just b1s but 2 large tridroids and a number of super battledroids. Take that clones!

Finally found the new battlepack in the wild at Walmart, tucked at the bottom of a small shelf along with some other small 2024 sets. I should have just bought it from Lego and gotten VIP points but I couldn't resist snagging 1. The next day when I went back to check, they were all gone.

But I really love the set, especially the shock trooper. The new clone style is really growing on me

On Bricklink, I ordered 6 Shock Troopers and they arrived yesterday :sweet:

Regards,
Mitch

Edited by CF Mitch

6 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

On Bricklink, I ordered 6 Shock Troopers and they arrived yesterday :sweet:

Regards,
Mitch

Around how much per trooper? Given that there's one in the BP now, I'd guess what, $6-7 per, which isn't bad at all.

14 hours ago, Minishark2000 said:

But I really love the set, especially the shock trooper. The new clone style is really growing on me

I never really got the issue, besides that it was different. I much prefer this to having animated and movie clones simultaneously being released. (And it's not like there were any physical clones during the prequels, so technically, they're ALL animated clones)

25 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I never really got the issue, besides that it was different. I much prefer this to having animated and movie clones simultaneously being released. (And it's not like there were any physical clones during the prequels, so technically, they're ALL animated clones)

The main issue for me is the grey "shadow" on the cheeks, other than that they're good enough imo, although having a few of the 2014 P2 clones makes you wish the old style was still in fashion. Personally I always prefer figs to be their movie versions, not a mix, but it's not really something to complain about.

48 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Around how much per trooper? Given that there's one in the BP now, I'd guess what, $6-7 per, which isn't bad at all.

Exactly that :tongue: 
Which is why I decided to buy them now, at this much more reasonable price, versus the 25 per when it was only available in the Coruscant Guard Gunship.

I should probably note this was in my own country, only, since I prefer to purchase there. They may have been a little cheaper then, in other countries.

Regards,
Mitch

Personally, I bought the Venator - really looking forward to that build. 

Most recent set, was a gift, so not really purchased, but Yavin IV. Been years since someone else surprised me with LEGO. 

On 1/17/2024 at 3:18 AM, Japanbuilder said:

Was finally able to get x2 of 75372. And while I like the clones I am more interested in the droid components of the pack. My LEGO Droid army has been lacking since I started my clone army with the 501st BP back when that was hot. Now finally those pesky clones will have to take down not just b1s but 2 large tridroids and a number of super battledroids. Take that clones!

I got 2x of that set too. Droid army I plan to keep as they are. But, I wonder, are there some alternativer builds for the Clone's equipment?

Some days ago I checked a few boxes and it seems I have a total of 5x 75320 Snowtrooper Battle Pack. Well, they'll fit with the AT-AT, whenever it gets built.

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

I got 2x of that set too. Droid army I plan to keep as they are. But, I wonder, are there some alternativer builds for the Clone's equipment?

I did a 2x of every build in that set, and I can say if you only use speeder parts for one alt and barricade parts for the other, there's not much you can do. I made essentially just a larger speeder and barricade. I would be surprised if anything canon can realistically be made out of it- any BARC would be missing that central fin element since there are almost no 1-wide pieces (I think none besides studs, clip/bar plates, and rounded 1x2s) in the clone builds, and with the only joints being bar/clip, you aren't getting a stable walker of any kind. I think some sort of comm tower/armory base would be fairly easy to do, though.

just grabbed the Death Star throne room (on sale).  Great looking set, I think the two newer dioramas look better than the previous year's three, but wanted them on sale.  Also picked up Garven Dreis from brick link along with wedge, and then some parts to make Jek Porkins (with Luke's pilot uniform) and Bigg's with hair (but with the original helmet).  Now I have all six produced red squadron pilots, but all have current prints on their torso/legs with original style helmets.  Hoping we get another named red squad pilot in the new X-Wing.

1 hour ago, Lordhelmet said:

just grabbed the Death Star throne room (on sale).  Great looking set, I think the two newer dioramas look better than the previous year's three, but wanted them on sale.  Also picked up Garven Dreis from brick link along with wedge, and then some parts to make Jek Porkins (with Luke's pilot uniform) and Bigg's with hair (but with the original helmet).  Now I have all six produced red squadron pilots, but all have current prints on their torso/legs with original style helmets.  Hoping we get another named red squad pilot in the new X-Wing.

Even just Biggs with a visor would be nice- we've never gotten one, somehow.