KimT

What's your recent LEGO Star Wars Purchase?

9497 republic strike fighter with figure no box or instructions 

9500 sith fury class fighter no Darth Malgus or box but extra troopers

7672 rogue shadow no box no ok no juno eclipse 

I got the Hoth Medical Chamber set. The price is inflated, but I used VIP points to get it so that takes the sting out a bit. I just had to have baby diaper Luke. ?

55 minutes ago, roadstermatt said:

yep i thought is was going to be a £20 set so I wait for it to be reduced I think

Thing is, in the UK I can only find it on S@H and on Amazon. And Amazon (direct from Amazon themselves) are currently charging £40.66 which is even more than RRP! Can't figure that one out as Amazon don't normally sell Lego for over RRP. So for VIP points I thought I'd bite the bullet ...

First Order Star Destroyer for $80

Edited by Dr.Cogg

75220 sand crawler

75218 x-wing

and because Argos are doing 3 for 2 I got

75216 free

plus I had a £10 gift voucher for them and saved another £11 by buying an e-voucher

so not a bad buy I think

Took advantage of the Argos 3 for 2 and picked up the AT-Hauler and two 75218 X-Wings. Looking forward to picking them up in a few days.

Skipped the Argos 3 for 2 in favour of Amazon Prime 20-25% off

Picked up the Imperial Tie , snokes throne room, cloud swoop bikes and the imperial patrol battle pack. All at an average of 23% off

Wasn't going to get anything as I'm saving for the Cloud City but can't ignore good deals

Just ordered two of the Conveyex  (to combine into a longer train) for my son for Christmas. They were reduced on Amazon by £20, plus I'm not on the UK mainland so got VAT off too, £48 each rather than the £79.99 RRP, a much more appropriate price!

Granted it looks nowhere near as good as the MOCs I've seen, but I don't have the talent or parts for that, plus it's what the little man wants so gotta go with it! I'm sure I can modify the front a bit better anyway... even just two 1x3 dark bluish grey tiles and a row of three trans red 1x1 titles to smooth up the front and give it a windscreen I'm sure will improve it.

Edited by Daddy_Stardust

My wife picked up the 75215 Cloud Rider Swoop Bikes for me at Target while back to school shopping.

Got the new X Wing yesterday, had the previous version.  If anyone is in any doubt if to get it or not, even if they had the previous, then don't.  It is by far the best x-wing Lego has done, looks incredible, its hard to imagine how they could improve on this current design for future iterations.  

4 hours ago, chris592 said:

Got the new X Wing yesterday, had the previous version.  If anyone is in any doubt if to get it or not, even if they had the previous, then don't.  It is by far the best x-wing Lego has done, looks incredible, its hard to imagine how they could improve on this current design for future iterations.  

They could not have a big hole and handle on the top of it for starters.

Obviously I'm being a little facetious as it's a great model but to intergrrate the wing locking mechanism without it being an eyesore is the holly grail of system x-wings.

R2 pointing the right direction is a great upgrade though.

3 hours ago, That Orange Thing said:

They could not have a big hole and handle on the top of it for starters.

Obviously I'm being a little facetious as it's a great model but to intergrrate the wing locking mechanism without it being an eyesore is the holly grail of system x-wings.

R2 pointing the right direction is a great upgrade though.

I have since removed the mechanism that closes the wings on landing.  But end of the day it is a kids toy and the mechanism does add a lot of fun, and its function is very smooth. For me the look and feel of this x wing is to date the best representation of a system scale x wing Lego has done.  Maybe like you said an improvement to hide that mechanism to open the s foils, but if they get that right then its hard to see where else they can improve on it for later releases.

Your right though, having the droid pointing the correct way is a significant improvement.  

Edited by chris592

Yet to build the X-wing but could they not have had the lever mechanism for the wings on the BOTTOM of the ship? That would then have left the top clean for some lovely greebling.

That would make a big hole on the bottom, though.  I feel like the lever on the top, with the sense of depth that accompanies it, works reasonably well for the top greebling.  Plus, greebling merely pretends to be exposed machinery while this actually is exposed machinery.

got the new x wing, anakins jedi star fighter, rogue one y wing and hoth attack

I'm not sure about the imperial landing shuttle though, should I get it? I kinda have mixed feelings towards the set, as it feels like both an upgrade and downgrade at the same time

went into smyths over the weekend shouldn't have, got the Imperial transport shuttle and  anakins jedi star fighter just need the medical bay to complete the wave

On 8/4/2018 at 1:32 AM, Daddy_Stardust said:

Just ordered two of the Conveyex  (to combine into a longer train) for my son for Christmas. They were reduced on Amazon by £20, plus I'm not on the UK mainland so got VAT off too, £48 each rather than the £79.99 RRP, a much more appropriate price!

Granted it looks nowhere near as good as the MOCs I've seen, but I don't have the talent or parts for that, plus it's what the little man wants so gotta go with it! I'm sure I can modify the front a bit better anyway... even just two 1x3 dark bluish grey tiles and a row of three trans red 1x1 titles to smooth up the front and give it a windscreen I'm sure will improve it.

would love to see a pic of the 2 sets together. I'm on the fence. I'll either get 2 or none. 

Picked up: 75206 Jedi and Clone Troopers battle pack, 75198 Tatooine Battle Pack and a pick-a-brick cup from Meadowhall, Sheffield. Purchased so I could get the plants made from plants promo!