22kane

LEGO Store "Build a Minifigure"

19 hours ago, cebelicamya said:

Well for now it is just a survey to find out whether there is interest in ordering some of the Dreamzzz figures in larger quantities. It additionaly says that all Lego Dreamzzz characters will probably be available for ordering. 

I wonder if it will just be as full figures or if they’ll part them out. Like, I’ve got very little interest in the Dreamzzz characters themselves, but some of those hair pieces are super cool. I’m still hoping that Izzie’s hair will show up recolored in BAM towers sometime soon. And the black version of Mateo’s dreadlocks is definitely going to be part of my next PAB order. 

On 11/12/2023 at 5:08 AM, Accio Lego said:

I’m still hoping that Izzie’s hair will show up recolored in BAM towers sometime soon.

I absolutely second this hope! The mould is one of my favourites but the colour - while cool - does have limited utility in, for instance, Castle MOCs (or in my case fantasy brickfilms)

If they were to add Dreamzzz figures to BAM a part of me wishes it'd be new variants like the "awake" versions of the characters, which all have their own great outfit designs (most of which would also be more versatile for your average City builder). You can see most of them here. I think the Classic Space shirt and labcoat might be especially popular!

Something like that wouldn't be unheard of for BAM given that we got Arin and Sora variants in the batch of Ninjago parts. And something like BAM might be the best opportunity to get those sorts of figs since obviously the Dreamzzz sets themselves are focused mainly on the adventures in the dream world, where the characters have their more fantastical designs.

On 11/11/2023 at 9:08 PM, Accio Lego said:

I wonder if it will just be as full figures or if they’ll part them out. Like, I’ve got very little interest in the Dreamzzz characters themselves, but some of those hair pieces are super cool. I’m still hoping that Izzie’s hair will show up recolored in BAM towers sometime soon. And the black version of Mateo’s dreadlocks is definitely going to be part of my next PAB order. 

Totally agree. I love both hairpieces & would love to see them in more colors. Mateo’s hair in black would’ve been perfect for Lee Jordan(although the hobbit hairpiece in black is a welcomed addition). We definitely need Izzie’s hair in more realistic colors. 

54 minutes ago, Vindicare said:

Mateo’s hair in black would’ve been perfect for Lee Jordan(although the hobbit hairpiece in black is a welcomed addition).

Mateo's hair exists in black and is available on Pick a Brick. It comes in that set celebrating women's football/soccer.

EDIT: sorry, I see that that was already stated.

Maybe the Harry Potter team just didn't know about it in time, or something like that. It's great to get both hairpieces in black though, as you said.

I'd still like to see the Mateo piece in plain reddish brown without the green print.

On 11/16/2023 at 9:53 PM, Clone OPatra said:

Mateo's hair exists in black and is available on Pick a Brick. It comes in that set celebrating women's football/soccer.

EDIT: sorry, I see that that was already stated.

Maybe the Harry Potter team just didn't know about it in time, or something like that. It's great to get both hairpieces in black though, as you said.

I'd still like to see the Mateo piece in plain reddish brown without the green print.

Oh man...that’s super weird then, that hairpiece isn’t even tied to someone in the set. Do the different departments not talk to each other?! Come on! :laugh: Yeah, a non green accented hairpiece would also be welcomed. 

10 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Oh man...that’s super weird then, that hairpiece isn’t even tied to someone in the set. Do the different departments not talk to each other?! Come on! :laugh: Yeah, a non green accented hairpiece would also be welcomed. 

I’m guessing the different departments do talk to each other, but they just don’t really know what the others are doing without asking. 

In this case, the Harry Potter team want to include Lee Jordan in a set. There’s no short dreadlocks piece currently and they have no idea what the Dreamzzz team is working on, but they do know there’s a new LOTR set coming so they decide to use the dusted off hobbit hair piece mold in a new color. 

Meanwhile, the designers for the Icons of play set are looking to include a bunch of different hair pieces to allow for a mix and match build your own characters element, so they look through what the new in house theme has introduced to see if there are any fun new hairstyles they could use - and they find one they like and decide to include it in a new color. 

Now, should there probably be some sort of system that would let all the designers see when new non-IP-locked molds are made for other themes without have to randomly go and ask ‘hey are you making anything that we might be able to use’ directly? Yes. Who knows, maybe the number of people vocally peeved about this will encourage lego to develop more open lines of communication between departments in the future. 

6 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

In this case, the Harry Potter team want to include Lee Jordan in a set. There’s no short dreadlocks piece currently and they have no idea what the Dreamzzz team is working on, but they do know there’s a new LOTR set coming so they decide to use the dusted off hobbit hair piece mold in a new color. 

Great news for me; I've been wanting that piece in black for AGES!

6 hours ago, El Garfio said:

I want some Animal Crossing or Fornite inspired (not known characters for the license issue) in the BAM 

Forgive me if I’m wrong, my knowledge of Fortnite is pretty limited, but isn’t it really all over the place as far as costumes go? What would a Fortnite inspired costume that wasn’t close enough to an existing costume to infringe on copyright even look like?

Animal Crossing is a lot easier, since lego has all the defunct Vidiyo heads and they’ve already done a recolored+reprinted one in the BAM towers once. The old Vidiyo heads might not fit exactly with all the Animal Crossing characters, but imho there’s a pretty large range of styles amongst Animal Crossing characters themselves, so while recolored Vidiyo characters might not look like they belong next to Tom Nook, they’d probably look just fine next to Isabelle. 

33 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Forgive me if I’m wrong, my knowledge of Fortnite is pretty limited, but isn’t it really all over the place as far as costumes go? What would a Fortnite inspired costume that wasn’t close enough to an existing costume to infringe on copyright even look like?

Animal Crossing is a lot easier, since lego has all the defunct Vidiyo heads and they’ve already done a recolored+reprinted one in the BAM towers once. The old Vidiyo heads might not fit exactly with all the Animal Crossing characters, but imho there’s a pretty large range of styles amongst Animal Crossing characters themselves, so while recolored Vidiyo characters might not look like they belong next to Tom Nook, they’d probably look just fine next to Isabelle. 

You are right

Vidiyo variants could make characters that could fit in a Animal Crossing or Fortnite escenario 

My idea/wish is some animal heads characters like the panda one lego made for BAM

And some aesthetic look female characters (also with color variants of Vidiyo hairpieces)

On 11/7/2023 at 6:31 PM, Count Sepulchure said:

Went into my local store today but loose Christmas parts have sold out until December they reckon. Complete packs are there but I refuse to give my money to the crook who decided that a generic crook is an acceptable figure. It's only been less than a week since release...

Went in and came out emptyhanded, again. TLG don't just peddle the "generic crook", they are now making us buy whatever they decide we should buy. Apparently the parts did come in, and the store staff "kindly pre-built" the Christmas trio. Buy the whole pack or walk, they won't even let you swap out one fig. Meanwhile the BAM bins are full with loose parts from earlier releases. All I needed was one Santa (not even a complete one), off to BL I go...

2 hours ago, Count Sepulchure said:

Went in and came out emptyhanded, again. TLG don't just peddle the "generic crook", they are now making us buy whatever they decide we should buy. Apparently the parts did come in, and the store staff "kindly pre-built" the Christmas trio. Buy the whole pack or walk, they won't even let you swap out one fig. Meanwhile the BAM bins are full with loose parts from earlier releases. All I needed was one Santa (not even a complete one), off to BL I go...

Sorry you couldn't get just what you wanted.  I hate the pre-built packs because I'm usually not interested in at least one figure or some parts of each one.  I was able to build what I wanted at my store.  Grabbed a 3 pack of Santas and a 3 pack of the Female one with the hat from the Crook instead of the pink hair and some random accessories of my choosing since I have tons of the Snowflake piece already.  So I grabbed a couple of Chickens and another Teddy Bear instead of the snowflake.  Those were the best of the available accessories.

Pre packed figures turn BAM from Build-a-Minifigure, to Buy-a-Minifigure, kind of goes against the name.

Edited by TeriXeri

47 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

Pre packed figures turn BAM from Build-a-Minifigure, to Buy-a-Minifigure, kind of goes against the name.

Well usually the parts of those minifigures are also in the towers - and I actually like that they also offer them build, since it is very hard to find all parts of them in the towers, some are always sold out already there ;).

The new female torso and skirt from BAM remind me of the Snow Maiden from russian lore

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The new female torso and skirt from BAM remind me of the Snow Maiden from russian lore

Hope lego eventually makes the headpiece.

Or we can perhaps use the snow warrior headgear for now. LOL

Edited by hikouki

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

My thoughts upon seeing it, exactly!  And like @hikouki, I hope one day we get the headpiece...:wub:

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Listed to a trilogy of fantasy books about her this year :thumbup:

11 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

In the stores of Barcelona (1 official and 2 franchised) they offered the figs prepacked first, but some days later they introduce also the parts in the towers 

And they also have some loose built figs that you can request if you are not able to build the minifig you want with the parts in the towers

I would like to believe that it is but a measure taken for the purpose of managing demand around a busy period. It's just that when half the pack (think accessories, lady's head/hair, and the crook) is made up of generic pieces that are not even exclusive to BAM, it reeks of cost-saving and the pack becomes like a normal set, take it or leave it, entirely wiping out the experience of just building the figures you want/need. I have no other incentive to visit the stores.

18 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

Well usually the parts of those minifigures are also in the towers - and I actually like that they also offer them build, since it is very hard to find all parts of them in the towers, some are always sold out already there ;).

Up until recently the local Lego Store had all of the new BAM parts sorted in a set of small drawers so if you wanted to just get a set of all of the new pieces it was easy as long as you didn't try to buy more than a certain number of any given piece. But apparently corporate told them they had to stop doing that because it's better to make customers search through the tower. At least they'll still go in the back to get the parts that I can't find in the tower.

UOxkA1r.jpg

The above image is taken from a local facebook group of a Lego store in Australia.

The pirate torso is an existing element but the matching printed legs seem new. 

Does any one know if the mohawk guys printed legs are new? i don't recognise them. 

And if anyone is wondering the red beanie/hair combo is from Hermione in the HP 2023 advent calendar. 

The pirate is OK, but the rest a let down to me, the accessories are really bad. Not a single animal and the lion knight we can buy on PAB, why not re-release the white falcon instead:hmpf: