r4-g9

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Future Series Rumours

4 minutes ago, 1Panda said:

Looks like some Sesame Street characters were leaked so yeah...

Those figs are for the LEGO ideas set that is releasing soon. 

Surely with the investment in new moulds for the ideas set, Muppets /Sesame Street must be a potential CMF?

5 hours ago, williejm said:

Surely with the investment in new moulds for the ideas set, Muppets /Sesame Street must be a potential CMF?

It would be good to see, especially as there are a number of characters that may not be included in the Ideas set that are just as important/iconic, enough to fill at least 12 slots, if not 16, and could include the recent additions as well as the classics.

Kermit, Fozzie and the rest are more Muppets than Sesame St, right? Would be nice to get some of them as well, especially Kermit.

Edited by sunhuntin

Promobricks said the January series is obvious and the May series is Looney Tunes

So, the only series that can be described as obvious is Series 21

As for a Sesame St CMF.... I think it would damage the sales of the Ideas sets, because it would be pretty much the same characters. 

So, I'd say at least a year after the Ideas set is released something like that could happen

On 9/6/2020 at 9:25 PM, The Brick Rat said:

Well, the Promobricks article does say "Rumor: Allegedly both LEGO minifigure series will come with fewer figures in the first half of 2021." So that leaves things open for a return to 16 figures in the fall.

Besides Looney Tunes, another potential licensed CMF series that would make sense with a 12 figure limit is Universal Monsters.

I'm hoping that 2021 will look like this:

January: Universal Monsters (12 figures)

May: Looney Tunes (12 figures)

September: Series 21 (back to 16 figures)

I would hope they do this. The normal series should remain at 16, because they aren’t “fenced in” if you will by sticking to a theme. Although, selfishly I would want HP to be 16 as well just because I love the franchise. Even the variants have been great. However, if the prices keep creeping up, I may be happy with 12. :tongue:

I'm hoping 2021 will look like this:

Jan: Series 21 (20 figures)

March: Star Wars - Series 1 (20 figures)

May: Series 22 (20 figures)

July: Series 23 (20 figures)

Sept: Harry Potter - Series 3 (20 figures)

Nov: Series 24 (20 figures)

Might be a bit optimistic though.

54 minutes ago, Lacdaran said:

Which parallel universe are you from and how can I get there? :laugh_hard:

3 hours ago, Lacdaran said:

I wouldn't hold your breath for anything even close to that. That's double the amount of CMFs we normally get in a year, we already know that at least two of this year's CMFs will have only 12 figs, and Looney Tunes is coming at some point. Not to mention the pandemic apparently negatively affected Series 20 sales, Lego would be crazy to release so many CMFs with how uncertain things are right now.

5 hours ago, BigGuy4U said:

I wouldn't hold your breath for anything even close to that. That's double the amount of CMFs we normally get in a year, we already know that at least two of this year's CMFs will have only 12 figs, and Looney Tunes is coming at some point. Not to mention the pandemic apparently negatively affected Series 20 sales, Lego would be crazy to release so many CMFs with how uncertain things are right now.

I know, I wasn't serious.  In an attempt to be amusing I was just saying if we are going to be talking about our hopes and dreams we might as well dream big.

Sesame Street CMF? I highly doubt that thi will be sold well to general. Maybe it would  be sold well to younger children. Or at least Lego Grup does DUPLO instead of Idea. 

I am kinda surspied that we won’t have Marvel Comics CMF for 2021. I love some DC comics minfigures that are based on classical comics from Goldena and Silver Ages. And I was hoping we would have Jurassic Prk/World CMF with some dinosaur parts in blind bags (I’m talking about small or medium-sized dinosaurs, not T-Rex). However, I doubt it won’t happea anyways. 

It looks like CMF Series 21 is confirmed to be released in Jan 2021, according to Wink_leakz on IG.  Does it means Series 21 will have 12 minifigures instead of 16? 

44 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

It looks like CMF Series 21 is confirmed to be released in Jan 2021, according to Wink_leakz on IG.  Does it means Series 21 will have 12 minifigures instead of 16? 

It would appear so, yes.

We have already have a thread for Series 21

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/180285-lego-collectable-minifigures-series-21-rumors-and-discussion/

On 9/14/2020 at 6:55 AM, DBlegonerd7 said:

I am kinda surspied that we won’t have Marvel Comics CMF for 2021. I love some DC comics minfigures that are based on classical comics from Goldena and Silver Ages. And I was hoping we would have Jurassic Prk/World CMF with some dinosaur parts in blind bags (I’m talking about small or medium-sized dinosaurs, not T-Rex). However, I doubt it won’t happea anyways. 

Haha, now I’m thinking about a CMF pack big enough to fit a T-Rex. No feeling necessary to know who you have inside that one. :laugh:

According to Itaria, the 2021 line-up goes as follows

January - Looney Tunes

May - Series 21

September - ??? New CMF (a license never done before as CMFs)

I wonder....

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

January - Looney Tunes

May - Series 21

I wonder....

September 2020’s CMF Series is really gonna be licensed?! If so, will it be based on an existing licensed theme (i.e. Star Wars, Adventure Time, Doctor Who)?

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

January - Looney Tunes

May - Series 21

I wonder....

Could the new CMF be the rumored Marvel one? Have any hints been given as to what it could be?

57 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

And the plot thickens! Note he said "a license never done before as CMFs" and not "a license never done before by Lego"...

Yeah.... 

I noticed that

His wording there was........... interesting

Maybe Overwatch 2 CMF if by that time the game releases.

Overwatch License kind of been on-hold right now.

Also if it's 12, should be enough to get most of the remaining humanoids at least, the bigger characters likely would be in sets if they continue (such as the rumoured Orisa set)

Edited by TeriXeri

The wording is definetely interesting and makes me think that it has to be a license LEGO is already producing sets for. Legally speaking they're not allowed to make a Star Wars CMF so Marvel would make the most sense imo :excited:

7 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Maybe Overwatch 2 CMF if by that time the game releases.

Overwatch License kind of been on-hold right now.

Also if it's 12, should be enough to get most of the remaining humanoids at least, the bigger characters likely would be in sets if they continue (such as the rumoured Orisa set)

The Overwatch theme didn't perform well so I doubt LEGO would make a CMF for it

Just in case anyone's interested I did some digging. 

Current licenses LEGO has: 
- DC
- Disney
- Harry Potter
- Jurassic World
- Super Mario
- Marvel
- Minecraft
- Minions
- Overwatch
- Star Wars
- Stranger Things
- Trolls
- Toy Story

First we can cross off all the licenses that already have 1 or more CMFs, which leaves us with: 
- Jurassic World
- Super Mario
- Marvel
- Minecraft
- Minions
- Overwatch
- Star Wars
- Stranger Things
- Trolls
- Toy Story

Then we can cross off themes that haven't had new stuff in ages or performed poorly, leaving us with: 
- Jurassic World
- Super Mario
- Marvel
- Minecraft
- Star Wars

We can cross off SW because LEGO simply can't make one which leaves us with: 
- Jurassic World
- Super Mario
- Marvel
- Minecraft

So with these 4 left I'd say Marvel is the most likely. Jurassic has the issue of dinosaurs and on top of that it wouldn't make much sense to release a CMF a good 3 months after the release of Jurassic World: Dominion. Super Mario could work but I think LEGO will want to stick with their current system for a while before comitting to minifigures. Minecraft could work but I find it unlikely. So my conclusion would be Marvel. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Just in case anyone's interested I did some digging. 

Current licenses LEGO has: 
- DC
- Disney
- Harry Potter
- Jurassic World
- Super Mario
- Marvel
- Minecraft
- Minions
- Overwatch
- Star Wars
- Stranger Things
- Trolls
- Toy Story

First we can cross off all the licenses that already have 1 or more CMFs, which leaves us with: 
- Jurassic World
- Super Mario
- Marvel
- Minecraft
- Minions
- Overwatch
- Star Wars
- Stranger Things
- Trolls
- Toy Story

Then we can cross off themes that haven't had new stuff in ages or performed poorly, leaving us with: 
- Jurassic World
- Super Mario
- Marvel
- Minecraft
- Star Wars

We can cross off SW because LEGO simply can't make one which leaves us with: 
- Jurassic World
- Super Mario
- Marvel
- Minecraft

So with these 4 left I'd say Marvel is the most likely. Jurassic has the issue of dinosaurs and on top of that it wouldn't make much sense to release a CMF a good 3 months after the release of Jurassic World: Dominion. Super Mario could work but I think LEGO will want to stick with their current system for a while before comitting to minifigures. Minecraft could work but I find it unlikely. So my conclusion would be Marvel. 

But I thought Hasbro renewed their Star Wars action figure deal as non-exclusive, or did that only apply to Marvel?