Disappointed at this point. I'll have to see better pictures, but right now I have no desire to get this set. Frankly I like the exterior of my design better. Very anti-climactic for me - I've been waiting for months and now that I've seen it I don't want to buy it. Thanks for the pics anyway!

I think cottonwood's design is better, but it's still okay. The red building looks a bit weird IMO.

Hey guys, I've been lurking for a while, and finally decided to post.

I was passing through Oklahoma City today and stopped at the Lego store there too, I walked in and couldn't believe my eyes! I've been super excited for pics, I didn't expect to walk out with one today. :laugh:

Don't know if OKC leaked this early or what. I'll be opening it up tonight and can post pics if no one else has yet.

Okay, first impression.....very nice....fits well with the FB and GE easy. I have changed my mind on the paint roller it looks better than I though, but this is now where I start nit-picking......the paint roller tray is great but the roller is wider than the tray ! :wacko:

The toilet is fantastic but why a round plate on the end and not flush (sorry no pun intended) and a 2x1 tile with stud on top for the flush button ? :wink:

Yep, another coffee junkie again, there's that coffee maker again.....goodness I can make a more modern design than that. :wink:

And call animal protection....large fish in tiny tank.....gee this shop will end up on one of those Animal Cops shows on Animal Planet ! :laugh:

Has anyone noticed an old school telephone sitting on a new light blue 2x2 tile with stud on top ? :grin:

Oh, there some ideas I'm going to use out of this and improve them......now I wait for the first review ! :wink:

Brick On everyone ! :grin:

About time, this has to be one of the best kept secrets LEGO has done in a long time, I love the set, can't wait to get it.

Hmm.

It's good, but not great. It's nice to have some buildings that aren't 32 wide, and they'll certainly add some nice variation. I also quite like the spiral staircase.

I'm not keen on the building on the left though. Maybe it's the colours. Maybe it's the bay window, or the balcony above it. I'm just not that big a fan. I like the pet store though, nice colours, sign is good, and interior looks good.

Also, were these designed by Jamie Berard? The building on the left has the same decoration above the door as one of his Cafe Corner alternative models...

Well, after being overwhelmed at first, i have to say

that i did not expect anything better. It reminds me of

how spoiled we sometimes get with eachother's creations.

let's face it: Loads of nice ideas of course, and here and

there some nice colors (i'm afraid that light yellow will

be the old tan color though) but by means of techniques

i've seen many things amongst the fans as well.

Lovely to see much interior anyway! This is what makes

this one a winner for me this time! :thumbup:

There we go! :laugh: I'm glad pictures of this finally leaked, I was about to go crazy! :grin: It has a lower piece count than GE, but it still seems like a really good set. :thumbup: I love the architecture and color scheming of both buildings, and I love that they're both seperate.

The little details are all really nice, especially the little bathroom and the fish tank. :thumbup: The animal selection is good, but the cat and the dog don't seem to have any printing. :sceptic:

Sooner Bricks, do you plan to make a review of this set?

Nice! I like the fact that there's two instead of one, it'll break up the monotony of the street line of fat buildings. Only bad part about me buying this ASAP is that I won't be able to build it at first, because I'm in the process of moving. That means unassembling Lego... At least I'll own it though!

I saw only the front side of the box before, so the back side is nice surprise for me. Great it is finally out.

Bah, I'm starting to wonder how I will hold out until my NYC trip in June when the first Lego store in my area opens in less than two weeks! Its going to be very tempting!

I will probably remove the bathroom, I don't have the space for them in my own buildings so I just live in the fantasy worl that my Lego people dont poop :D I will probably make that area a storage room in my build.

I can't wait to see a review with big pics!!!

***BREAKING NEWS****

I have found pictures of 10218 Pet shop courtesy of Tazman at Toys N Bricks! Enjoy everyone!!! We've waited so long!! :cry_happy:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/62467536@N06/

Not bad.

I'm not sure I like the fact that they're even shorter than the FB though.

Funny enough, I kind of think the digital MOC shown earlier by cottonwood looked better.

Edited by Ogre

Finally! I'm very impressed that they managed to keep this under wraps for so long - after all, AFOLs are curious by nature :)

I like it. It's a step in a different direction, and it looks good. A lot of fans have asked for 16x32 modulars for a long time, and now we've been heard - they just put two in the same set...

Can't wait for this to hit the virtual shelves of S@H!

I wish that the next Modular Building will be like the GG in that it's brick count is higher with a keen focus on exterior design with a lesser but still evident dedication to interior decorations. I also hope that this design with three completely separate layers (unlike GE) and the sloped roof (unlike GE and FB) will continue. These buildings look better at this scale to me than ones like GE, that lend themselves better stacked with many levels.

A thought has just come to my mind while looking at the photos again, it appears that this set can be used as a gap filler between sets of other modular buildings since both are only 16 studs wide. :classic:

Also I count only 4 minifigs too including the painter.....pity we didn't get a roof plumber hanging for dear life of the guttering ! :laugh:

Now has anyone given any thought to what will be the next one after this...no...too early I say....I can not wait to read the first review. :wink:

Quick edit - I would have prefered a deeper awning over the pet merchandise out the front of shop even by one stud - it's not that hard to do Lego. :wink:

Edited by lightningtiger

Observations:

• The dog seems a darker color than the Medium Nougat (BL's Medium Dark Flesh) cat, but lighter than the Reddish Brown building. Dark Orange, perhaps? His face print also seems like it may be different than the police dog's.
  • The residential building also seems to have Dark Orange tiles on it as accents.
  • The pet shop has a lovely light globe and a Bright Orange fish.
  • Best toilet I've ever seen in a LEGO set. I need to find out how that's done...
  • Architecture is pretty great all around. I can't help but love the second-story windows of the residential building.
  • Is that a tornado cellar behind the house? :look:

Overall, I'm very impressed and can't wait for a full review!

Edited by Aanchir

It's not a bad gig. :thumbup: Overall pretty good, though it didn't drop me like Grand Emporium did last time out.

Is it sad though that I'm most excited by the amount of sand blue it has? I thought the first level will be all-stone grey like most modulars, but hot damn.

But it looks like Green Grocer will still be the undisputed king of interiors, though.

Great! I'll get one as soon as it is available!

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

modular building sets always made me excited and amazed.

but this 10218 is a little bit disappointed.

the design looks like CC and GG in half size.

and the box art designer forgot to put the building name on it.

I think it looks quite quaint. Yes, it is a bit different than any of the modulars before, but it shows that there is really a lot of range to the line. I also like that the residential building has some sort of lofted interior; it feels like a modern renovation of an old building. This one is not as amazing looking as Green Grocer or Grand Emporium, but I think it has a lot to offer in its own way.

That set looks amazing (as usual for a modular).

Need to see more pictures and a full set inventory but it doesn't look like its as useful to me parts-wise as the Grand Emporium was (now the real question is, do I buy this or do I buy the HP sets including the Diagon Alley...)