dr_spock

MOC: Courier Delivery Van

Greetings.

Presenting my courier delivery van. I built it for an exercise in label making. It took quite a number of tries to get the Fedex sized just right. I tried using a glue stick and for the most part it seemed to stick. Gotta find that special photo sticker paper that lightingtiger talks about.

picture_10205.jpg

"Special delivery, Miss. Please sign."

picture_10214.jpg

Some more photo on my Brickshelf when the van folder goes public: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=drspock

Ow.darn it...you beat me to it :thumbup:

I was thinking of MOC-ing a FedEx delivery van too. For even better finish..you could try sending your file to a vinyl graphic shop, and make a vinyl transfers . This will do away with the white background on the current stickers, leaving just the FedEx logo as the stickers.

AWESOME looking FedEx van 'dr_spock', yes please do try photo sticker paper, but remember practice makes perfect ! :wink:

Great work and Brick On 'dr_spock' ! :grin:

About that photopaper You could of course send a message to me ;) We have a stickerprinter for LEGO stickers (and happen to have FedEx logo's in correct format somewhere on my harddrive). (Probably I can just send it to you for free I guess, if you promise to post the results here again ;))

The van looks very convincing b.t.w. I'm more into the old 4-wide, but in the modern city setting it is very compelling I think.

*snip*

"I tried using a glue stick..."

*snip*

*oh2* shock horror. I don't think I could ever bring myself to do that, glueing paper on to Lego. Despite how much I want Logos and custom signs, etc. I'll probably splash out on some sticker paper eventually.

Anyways cool van, always wanted to do a FedEx one, although I think it should be Tom Hanks castaway man doing the delivery, the caveman hair & beard would be great :wink:

And, can anyone spot the arrow in the 'FedEx' logo? Some people can see it some can't.

Greetings.

Presenting my courier delivery van. I built it for an exercise in label making. It took quite a number of tries to get the Fedex sized just right. I tried using a glue stick and for the most part it seemed to stick. Gotta find that special photo sticker paper that lightingtiger talks about.

picture_10205.jpg

Some more photo on my Brickshelf when the van folder goes public: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=drspock

Awesome I love the MOC.

Ralph

Is the package a Platinum Poker Chip? And before the delivery, was the Courier shot in the face and buried in a ditch but then dug out by a robot and taken to a town called Goodsprings? :laugh: (If you understand the joke, you wik a pure diamond brick)

I like the van. Fits right into any town or city. The only thing I would improve on is removing the doors on the cab, shortening the vechicle, and making the sticker transparent. (If that is all possible of course.)

Thank you for your comments and feedback. :classic:

About that photopaper You could of course send a message to me ;) We have a stickerprinter for LEGO stickers (and happen to have FedEx logo's in correct format somewhere on my harddrive). (Probably I can just send it to you for free I guess, if you promise to post the results here again ;))

The van looks very convincing b.t.w. I'm more into the old 4-wide, but in the modern city setting it is very compelling I think.

Thank you for the offer. I wouldn't want to trouble you with international mail. I'm 4 wide too but lately I've been experimenting on the Dark 6 wide Side. :classic:

This MOC looks similar to Vesta's Van (set 4999) but also it's an exact copy of the original FedEx! :thumbup:

The logo is really cool :wub:

I want my bricklink orders delivered by this beautiful van :laugh:

Thanks. Interesting. I looked up 4999 and it does look a bit like it. I would have never thought of that.

*oh2* shock horror. I don't think I could ever bring myself to do that, glueing paper on to Lego. Despite how much I want Logos and custom signs, etc. I'll probably splash out on some sticker paper eventually.

Anyways cool van, always wanted to do a FedEx one, although I think it should be Tom Hanks castaway man doing the delivery, the caveman hair & beard would be great :wink:

And, can anyone spot the arrow in the 'FedEx' logo? Some people can see it some can't.

Thanks. No worries, the glue stick glue doesn't leave any residue on the Lego after I peeled the paper off. I can see the arrow in the Ex. Cool. Never noticed that before.

Is the package a Platinum Poker Chip? And before the delivery, was the Courier shot in the face and buried in a ditch but then dug out by a robot and taken to a town called Goodsprings? :laugh: (If you understand the joke, you wik a pure diamond brick)

Sounds like Fallout New Vegas.

I found my local Staples store sells clear mailing labels but not photosticker paper. Would that work?

I always spring the arrow upon my friends and co-workers whenever I see one of these trucks or trailers.

I try to get them 'cursed' like me everytime. :laugh:

Nice truck dr_spock. Makes me want to build my own for my town.

Good job with the nice Fedex decals. :thumbup:

Here's the van again with stickers from ministickers.nl

Many thanks to JopieK. :classic:

5527572041_99cb231262_z.jpg

CptMugwash, I removed the old paper decals. Using finger nail, the glue stick glue scraped right off the Lego without leaving any residue or marks.

Silverface and slopemodified, thanks. We can have a battle of the delivery vans--UPS, Purolator, FedEx, DHL,... Maybe courier mafia. :laugh: