Sign in to follow this  
Sir Dillon

Pictures of 10176!?

Im once again smelling the scent of classic castle, over the musky odour of <insert that tiresome argument> castle. Theres a glow in the dark ghost, old helmets, the set doesnt look too <insert that tiresome argument> and it looks like something i might buy in the near future. *y*

Pardon me Castle Fanatics, but it looks to me like this set (if real) is a combination of CC/KK: CC building with KK wave 3 Mfs, weapons, armours and details (like the cool blacksmith).

Do correct me if I'm wrong on the CC looking Castle ;-)

*yoda*

Aha! It only makes sense that TLC would have a little something up their sleeves because a kk line without a $100 castle doesn't compute. Yoda's comment is precisely what I see in this set. There's still a load of <insert that tiresome argument> LEGO pieces but the construction is better than the last two castles on a hill.

One thing though, is that a bull's shield being carried by the black knight on the fifth picture in the bottom right hand corner?

One thing though, is that a bull's shield being carried by the black knight on the fifth picture in the bottom right hand corner?

It really looks like one, in fact I'm nearly positive its one ;-)

*yoda*

I dunno.... KK1 Lion and Bull shields, along with looking like a mix between 6098 and 6090 and having flags with the same lion design as KK1.... I'm not gonna believe it till we get an official picture release or news regarding it. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see this set actualized, but right now it just seems... fishy.

EDIT: The set number isn't consistent with the theme, either....

What constitutes as an official picture?

002.jpg

Whoever did this seems to have put some effort into it... Upon closer inspection the only thing that looks overly suspicious is some feathering around the flags on the centre tower, however this may be caused by the JPG compression and image resizing rather than because the original image had its background removed. Although if we look on the left hand side the upper half looks to be darker than the lower half which doesn't look right to me.

If real, this could be TLCs effort to pacify AFOLs who have been clamouring for a return to CC. They could be testing the waters for this type of product.

A cross between 6090 and 6098 is EXACTLY right - that's what it is. It's an OK set, and I am pleased to not see any one-piece-wall-and-window-of-doom element. I may buy it just to do my bit to make it successful so they make more of them

The little forge is a beautiful touch. And is it possible that TLC is actually able to make a castle without a useless catapult? There may be hope for the future.

I am suspicious. I'm curious why Hawk-themed Jayko would be a carrying Lion shield. It is, to my eye, quite reminscient of the shifty bricks sets. Also the torturing of the skeleton seems a bit out of place for Lego.

Though the rest of the gallery is replete with other similar pictures of released sets and no indication of similar attempts at deception.

Steve

I, for one, am a bit skeptical about this. It seems really odd that it has old heraldry, etc. The baseplate is what really makes me wonder. The printing on that plate is the printing used for 6091 and Lego has yet to reuse printing on that particular plate. The whole thing seems rather fishy to me. It could be an early prototype picture, but it still seems odd. The box art doesn't convince me, since we have seen faked box art before. I guess we will have to wait and see...

Josh

The more I look at this, the more it looks fake. I guess we'll find out eventually...

Old base plate? Old black classic castle wall pieces? Bull shield? Tortured skeleton? New KK2:3 figs. Pearl battle at the pass helm.

This is indeed strange. But if real, I think CC will be doing back flips over this treasure. *y*

Thanks for the find!

Anyone else see the majisto wizard dude?

Anyone else see the majisto wizard dude?

Yes, and what's with the magnifying glass?

Another thing I don't understand is why the newer skelly face is used in place of the old one when the other kk2 sets have the original.

Upon closer inspection it looks as if the two foremost catapults are constructed out of chariot wheels, an interesting solution. If catapults continued using useful pieces such as this I might be more inclined to accept their presence. Not that I mind a well designed catapult, but we're talking TLC here. ;-)

I'm genuinely hoping this will be real (but if it is, the old heraldry will need to go). The set design is excellent - on the level of Vladek's Dark Fortress, in fact. I really like the 6090-esque tower/keep in the center of the castle. And I love the colouration - pearl white with royal blue. It really fits the feel of KK2.

I believe 10176 is a real set - I remember reading it on a Japanese bidding site a month back. However, I don't know if this is the image that goes with it.

at best this looks like a prototype of a castle that reminds of the classic castles even though it lacks the style, wrmth and grace of the older castles... still, some nice details inside, it seems...

10176 you say? doesn't that indicate it's an SAH exclusive? kinda weird for Castle, isn't it? I'm also missing the typical features of KK, like the coloured knights, weapons,...

looks like a very good fake to me...

Come on people, when was the last time a picture was posted that actually WAS fake? NEVER! So why would this be. We've aready heard about rumours of this set, so I'm fairly certain it's real.

In the box picture the king is holding the blunt silver KK1 sword but the midget blacksmith has the KK2 sword. If this is real I'm surprised there's none of the new metalic armor and weapons. :-/

Did anyone notice the dog looking peice standing in the gateway in picture 1 and 2?

Hey I just noticed the torture chamber !!

Its a real awsome feature but I doubt that TLC would actually release a torture chamber in its sets (too bad though !!) intended for kids.

However I never really understood their "non violence" policy. They were against guns and suddenly, out of nowhere, they gave us tommy guns and uzis 8-

CRAP baseplate.... could be useful...maybe. Would prefer a castle, in similar style to this, but built on plates like VDF.

The blacksmith, skeleton hanging on wall, very neat.

I do not like the "tower" wall peices that first appeared in KK1, nor do I care for more of the 1x5x6 black wall panels with printing. More brick please. This does make me curious about the final product and what exactly it will look like and cost....

It reminds me of a larger King Leo's castle but with some design similar to classic castle. Not exactly, but much closer than KK. Doesn't look bad at all.

It's obviously fake. The sword that King jayko has is one of the silver swords that tlc stopped producing after KKI.

-l2k-

I would go for fake as well, the torture chamber in what has the colourings of a 'good' castle...not to mention all the 'old' heraldy. Even if not, it is a return to KK1 not CC. This is an expanded King Leo's castle, no where near the glory days (flicks on light in secret study to illuminate wall of clippings labelled 'glory days' ala Mr. Incredible...) Ahh well...

God Bless,

Nathan

Look at this post by LEGO employee Swiftone over on BZP.

I've gotten a couple of PMs about this set, so I'll address the question here.

The set is real. It was designed as a LEGO Legends remake of a Classic Castle item, though, so it is not part of the 2006 Knights' Kingdom story (though I'll bet you guys could come up with a good explanation for how it'd fit). I believe the KK logo was included on the packaging so that it could be sold on the shelves with other Knights items in Japan; my understanding is that elsewhere it'll be a web/LEGO Store exclusive.

That's about all I can tell you about it right now!