- the FLEX tool is really funny, but works only on 2 or 3 parts. I didn't find how to curve the 'outer cable'. Have anyone a list of parts that can be

See here

and I like that we've got nearly all prince of persia parts, though dastan hair is a glaring omission..

Wow, silly me - wig #8 is Dastan's. It's a little low res but that's it.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

When I first got LDD 4, Universe wasn't available, but the old unlock still works fine for me. I've got it running on Snow Leapard.

Same here with me :) Also snow leopard.

Heard about the new LDD last night over at BrickLink, and played a little with it once it had installed. I'm liking what I see a lot!

The best part so far is the outlining of parts feature, which makes the whole conceptualising process a lot easier. I spent a bit of time just opening up old projects to see what they look like.

When I first got LDD 4, Universe wasn't available, but the old unlock still works fine for me. I've got it running on Snow Leapard.

I have got the new version and Lego Universe option doesnt work. How can I get it to work?

Thanks, CB

I have got the new version and Lego Universe option doesnt work. How can I get it to work?

Thanks, CB

Hi CB

It should work just like before: Please follow these instructions, and take particular notice on the exact path, as the prefereences.ini file exist in two places on your harddrive (at least for Windows) and you need to edit the right one.

Hi CB

It should work just like before: Please follow these instructions, and take particular notice on the exact path, as the prefereences.ini file exist in two places on your harddrive (at least for Windows) and you need to edit the right one.

Thanks very much Superkalle It works perfect. I love the new design and all the new pieces :wub:.

Thanks, CB

They fixed the rails (/me thanks the heavens) and the manual input of rotations is just awesome

Downloaded the update and installed it, restarted the computer, went to open LDD and it doesn't open :hmpf_bad: Tried several times and different ways, doesn't even come up with a loading screen, just doesn't do anything.

The last time I used LDD was version 2. I think it might be time for me to try out the new version :grin:

Downloaded the update and installed it, restarted the computer, went to open LDD and it doesn't open :hmpf_bad: Tried several times and different ways, doesn't even come up with a loading screen, just doesn't do anything.

Same here. I uninstalled the program and downloaded it again, and it still doesn't work.

EDIT:

If I bring up the task manager, I notice the LDD.exe process is running, and using 100% CPU, and a whole mess of memory, the program just doesn't load. After a few minutes, the process eventually shuts down, but still doesn't load. I'm using Vista 64, I'm curious what OS the people who have this problem are running.

Edited by Cpt Smileyface

I found an interesting part in the new and expanded minifig selection... It's labelled as "skeleton leg no.3", and I don't know what it is or where it's from. A peeron search yielded nothing, either. Unless anyone has any better ideas, my theory is that it's a Ninjago skelly leg. Lego designers slipped up and gave us a new piece, perchance?

Image, courtesy of Prateek (stole it from an unrelated discussion about bugs) 2 columns down, on the right.

asdlkfhasdfkljsda.jpg

Edited by J4ke

As a matter of fact, there are many NinjaGo parts, like new skeleton arms and their weapons :classic:

As a matter of fact, there are many NinjaGo parts, like new skeleton arms and their weapons :classic:

...as well as the new skeleton torso, the skeleton armor with four shoulder spikes, and the upper and lower jaws of the Icedragon set. Regrettably (for some builders, anyway) there are other parts not included like the small chain and new handle for the nunchakus.

Quick question - has the brick rotation feature changed since previous versions? Because I can't seem to rotate pieces with the arrow keys anymore. :look:

Quick question - has the brick rotation feature changed since previous versions? Because I can't seem to rotate pieces with the arrow keys anymore. :look:

It should still allow rotation with the arrow keys. It does for me, anyway.

If it doesn't, then you can adjust the angle precisely by typing the angle you want. The arrow keys change the angle by increments of 18 degrees, so adding or subtracting multiples of 18 from the numerical angle should do exactly the same thing the arrow keys are supposed to do.

finally!!

and what a imrovement they've done. I'm lovin' it!.

And all those new parts :wub: (though quite a few weird things too... like there's the body of the dragon from Harry Potter 4 and the head but they can't be assembled *huh* )

But most of all, NUMERICAL ANGLE INPUT in the hinge system !!!!! :cry_happy:

the flex tool looks fun too, but I can foresee quite a few computer crashes with it...

Oh and for those who don't seem to have found it, the close all categories button is still there, it's just at the bottom of it all, now.

and the final great function is the "check purchasable bricks" in the LU mode, as well as the convert unpurchasable bricks. so sweet... I'm officially in LEGO Heaven

Edited by yellost

I like that you can numerically rotate the pieces now on a 360 degree scale. You can click on the little box and type in a rotation angle. I also like that they added camels and ostriches :D. I can now make desert comics. =)

For those with problems, make sure you have tried this:

1. Close down LDD. Optional: Start Task Manager and make sure there is no LDD.exe running. If there is, kill it.

2. Uninstall LDD

3. Delete this entire folder and content: C:\Users\[userName]\AppData\Roaming\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer. This is for Win7. For other OS, it should be similar paths. (you may want to copy the LU Mode activation line so that you can paste it in after LDD is re-installed).

4. Delete this entire folder and content: C:\Program Files (x86)\LEGO Company\LEGO Digital Designer

5. Re-install LDD from the setup file found here

6. Re-insert the LU Mode activation line.

7. Start LDD

If this doesn't work, report the error here, and please be carefull to describe exactly what happens and when. Also report your OS, graphics card, if you have updated the graphics driver lately and your OS language.