Flail

Voyage to Planet X

Hi!

Here's a poster I made inspired by the new LEGO Robot. It's done in the style of classic sci-fi movie posters of yesteryear.

voyagetoplanetx.jpg

Here's the flickr link:

WOW! Just wow! :cry_happy: Very impressive man. Everything about it is just wow!!!! I look forward to your next project. Keep up the good work!

That is TOTALLY AWESOME ! *oh2*

The work of pure genius........great designing there 'Flail' ! :thumbup:

Your photography is perfect and props are too - handy those collectable minifigs eh ? :grin:

We only need the film now.......I'm a conformist! 'Flail' I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Very very nice! I love the whole retro feel to it and this would go really well with the 1950's theatre in the town plan set.

Flail your poster is "superific". You've captured that 1950's scifi look perfectly. Your selection of minifigs and their poses/positioning is just spot on - i.e the macho hero protecting the female crewmate (is her name a play on "Betty Blue" + the Lego color "bley"?) from the evil robot. Even the mini space base/alien city you have constructed in the background has a fifties feel to it. Well done! :tongue:

Saw it a few days ago on flickr, really awesome-o. :laugh:

Truly fantastic poster Flail! I am AMAZED indeed. :wink: I am very much impressed with your graphic design skills - making the robot minifig look like a giant. Overall great job! :thumbup:

EXTREMELY impressive! I saw this on MOCpages earlier but I must repeat: WOW! :tongue:

Hello!

Great movie poster! Captures the feeling of ancient scifi movies extremely well. :classic: I really hope we learn more about your storyline and will see more images from your movie. :wink:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Hehe! That's so cool! Great job on that movie poster!

I especially like those weird 50's like catchphrases you so perfectly used in "You will be amazed!"

And the usage of the robot is just fantastic! Your poster shows once again what potential those collectible minis have!

On a further note: It looks very professionally done! You wouldn't work in advertising, would you? :pir-wink:

Thanks for poster... um, I mean "posting"! :grin:

Thank you everyone for the kind comments! I had a blast making this and it's awesome to see others like it! :)

Flail your poster is "superific". You've captured that 1950's scifi look perfectly. Your selection of minifigs and their poses/positioning is just spot on - i.e the macho hero protecting the female crewmate (is her name a play on "Betty Blue" + the Lego color "bley"?) from the evil robot. Even the mini space base/alien city you have constructed in the background has a fifties feel to it. Well done! :tongue:

Thank you for noticing the details and the "macho hero" thing. Betty Bley is related to the color controversy but I'm afraid I don't know who Betty Blue is...

@Cutty - Yes, I'm a graphic designer. I love designing retro stuff - album covers, movie posters, but I don't get to do it at my "real" job.

@Mookage - Yeah, I built the whole retro space theme around the robot. He's my favorite series 1 fig.

Thanks again everyone! :)

Great overall design and detail! Catches the feel of 50's science fiction flicks immediately!

Thanks a lot from a classics lover,

Tom

I love this image. Instant wallpaper classic! The colour and lighting are just exquisitely beautiful - not to mention all your other clever graphic touches and the great figs. More please! :thumbup:

That's super! Lovely retro feel. Hope you'll do some more images/MOCs in this style. An evil professor would be great.

Gorgeous image, sir! I'm glad you can find time to use your talents for what you want to create and not what you have to for work. Thanks for deciding to share a piece with us. The "macho hero" thing is my favorite part. It really takes me back.

After I saw this I went to watch movies from my collection but I realized my VHSs (yes I still have some) are at my mother's. I did have a few episodes of Lost In Space layin' around. Good times.

JEB!

Great work Flail, I really like how you've you made the movie ad. :thumbup:

I'm beginning to really like retro sci-fi and I want to do something similar.

But I still haven't took a single picture of my mini figures and robots, let alone do something like this.

the Inventor