Bonaparte

Survey: New parts and new colors

I'd like to see certain existing parts in common colours, because it seems strange that they don't already exist, and many a MOC has been thwarted all because of this.

30039 - Flat Tile 1X1

• 182: Transparent Bright Orange

30357 - Plate 3X3, 1/4 Circle

• 23: Bright Blue
  • 106: Bright Orange

63864 - Flat Tile 1X3

• 140: Earth Blue

Having these would be splendid.

I haven't read the posts here but based on what the thread title says, I would argue that instead of asking Lego to create new parts and/with new colors they should instead create existing parts with existing colors. I mean, there are so many existing parts that do not exist in already existing colors that I wonder why create new parts with new colors. It is like those applications full of bugs where the developer instead of fixing current bugs keep adding more features to the buggy application.

I want this piece, http://www.bricklink...tem.asp?P=30131

With a hole, stud, or 4 studs inside the middle of the stump

Could be useful for making complete trees or just mounting some foliage inside

I agree,

I would also like to see every single different type of piece they make in trans clear.

And, yes, expanding the color pallet to all bricks would be great

Mmmm, I can imagine how cool it would be having all Technic pins, connectors and liftarms in those funky colors other themes have :grin:

Anyone else think they should try not to make so many new parts? Lego has a ridiculous amount of parts. Part of me thinks they can get rid of some of the fluffier ones and really reduce the part counts without destroying quality.

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet: A jumper brick. Basically a jumper plate but three plates high. It could be rectangular like the existing 1x2 bricks, or tapered up to the stud on top.

Part name: Brick 1x2 W. 1 Knob (See part #15573)

Part description: A 1x2 brick with 1 stud on top in the middle instead of two.

Part usage: Borderline limitless? I imagine the TLG wizards could use this in all kinds of ways both decorative and structural.

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet: A jumper brick. Basically a jumper plate but three plates high. It could be rectangular like the existing 1x2 bricks, or tapered up to the stud on top.

Part name: Brick 1x2 W. 1 Knob (See part #15573)

Part description: A 1x2 brick with 1 stud on top in the middle instead of two.

Part usage: Borderline limitless? I imagine the TLG wizards could use this in all kinds of ways both decorative and structural.

If it was just a 1x2 Brick with one stud, couldn't the same thing be done with a jumper plate and two 1x2 plates?

If it was just a 1x2 Brick with one stud, couldn't the same thing be done with a jumper plate and two 1x2 plates?

Yes, but if "could already be made out of existing elements" were reason enough for TLG to not design a new element, then there's roughly a zillion elements which shouldn't exist, and many of those are recently developed ones.

Edited by GregoryBrick

Part name: 1x1 brick with studs on two contiguous sides, and openings on the other two sides(like the headlight brick)

Usage: Useful for corner SNOT building

Part name: 1x1 brick with stud on one side(part# 87087) and an opening on the opposite side.

Part name: 1x2-1x2 bracket, with plate mid-mounted

Part name: 1x1-1x1 bracket

Produce all brackets with the bracket piece same thickness as a standard plate

Part name: Technic brick 1x1 (part# 6541) with studs on both sides

These come to mind, as I'm currently working on a project utilizing very dense and intricate SNOT construction in a small area, and these parts would prove quite beneficial,as well as fill a void in the current pallet. As LEGO continues produce more sets with SNOT construction, I hope to see at least a few of these come to fruition.

Edited by M'Kyuun

1x1_clip_with_stud_idea.jpg

Perfect for snotting and bottom greebling. One possible example: using long 3mm tube to make a circle, clip those, attach plates, instant round tunnel design that is very round.

A flat tile inverted 1x1, the smaller brother of 11203.

And a 1x1 brick with 2 knobs: Not vis-à-vis like 47905 has, but rather right-angled instead.

How about 1x1 round tile in silver color with print making it look like pull tab of can top? Some soup cans and soft drink cans can be sold by LEGO with printed top on a plain 1x1 round brick or for smaller cans (tuna fish), 1x1 round plates. Us AFOL can repurpose them as beer can top :laugh: :laugh:

This hair piece in dark brown.

99930.jpg

And this one in black.

85974.jpg

Come to think of it, it would be nice to see numerous hairpieces be released in varying natural colors they have not already been used to death in as some do seem to keep repeating certain shades again and again.

Edited by TheOrcKing

Yes, we need more variety in hair pieces. I for one want more variety in the lighter colors (i.e. blond hair)

- Part name: Minifig handle with towball

- Part description: a minifig handle with a towball / this 6628.jpg?0 with a small handle instead of the technic pin

- Part usage: dropping glass for scientists/doctors / fingers for figures made with the new small ball joint system

Also, I don´t know if this is the best place to ask but minifig heads seem to stagnate design-wise.

Female heads and heads of most CMF figs look like the same person with a different expression, not two different people. It´s nice for Brickfilmers to have different expressions for the same design but when we talk about armybuilding figs like Astronauts / Colonial Soldiers / Policemen / Romans it would be nice to have more different face types so you could change them out to have the crowds look less like clone trooper dioramas. Just don´t always slap cheekbones everywhere, people also have wrinkles in their face like around their mouth and noses.

3626cpb629.jpg?13626bpb633.jpg?1

Let´s make a game out of this, guess which head belongs to which CMF, without looking up Bricklink.

3626bpb426.jpg?13626bpb428.jpg?13626bpb608.jpg?13626bpb466.jpg?1

3626bpb515.jpg?13626bpb920.jpg?13626bpb744.jpg?13626bpb696.jpg?1

3626bpb838.jpg?13626bpb926.jpg?13626bpb743.jpg?1

When there is basically no difference between Lex and Superman you sure have a problem.

3626bpb647.jpg?13626cpb704.jpg?2

It would be nice to have more mouth/nose wrinkles. Those seem to be relegated to licensed sets only and even there always to rare characters (Goyle / 2011 Snape), characters with goggles / strains of hair / other specialized prints in their face (Doc Ock / 2007 Snape), characters with inexplicable and weird skin colors (Aldrich Killian / 2000 Snape) or flat out removed because of weird facial expressions (Hawkeye / 2000 Snape).

Please make more heads like the following in regular themes like City, CMFs and Action, not just for Licenses.

3626cpb597.jpg?13626cpb907.jpg?1

3626bpb275.jpg?03626cpb487.jpg?1

- Part name: Minifig handle with towball

- Part description: a minifig handle with a towball

Something like this :

pintow10.jpg

But maybe this could work, too, if the diameters are the same.

I would love to see Tile, Round 1 x 1 in Dark Bluish Gray. And..

I'm sure its been asked before, but actual clear glass window inserts for the arched window frames would be a treat.

This!

Part name: Bison

Part description: An animal

Part usage: When the Wild West theme finally returns, it'd be awesome to include these with the American Indians.

Part name: 1x1 curved brick corner

Part description: like this one http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=6091 just curved on 2 sides.

Part usage: for curved corners, duh:)

Part name: 1x1x1 panel

Part description: like this one http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=4865 just 1x1

Part usage: for fences and other build spanning an uneven number of studs

I have a suggestion to make this topic a little more user friendly. If there was a list or index of previous suggestions it would help a lot. Maybe even a pole of some sort to support other suggestions and give an impression of what the market demands :)

Perfect for snotting and bottom greebling. One possible example: using long 3mm tube to make a circle, clip those, attach plates, instant round tunnel design that is very round.

I second this! I think a few creative clips could really expand some builds.