johnsocal

Custom Slave-Master 1- Mandalorian Gunship

Well, it seems like two Slave I's just put together, but it's a nice effect. Also, I think this should be in the "My Own Creations" forum.

I especially like the loading/unloading area

THAT IS SO COOL! I MEAN... MAN! THAT IS SOMETHING ELSE! MAN! To Lego2000 I ment that Caps thing. Also, ya got a point. Its just 2 Slave I's put together BUT IT IS COOL! Also, I like those robots your Sig's linked too.

THAT IS SO COOL! I MEAN... MAN! THAT IS SOMETHING ELSE! MAN!

Try to check if your caps lock is on when you post next time ;-)

I don't really like it that much. The idea is really great, but it seems to just be 2 slave 1s put together.

Try using the same peices but give it a whole different shape.

-l2k-

Hey johnsocal,

Let me first welcome you here on EB !! I hope you'll enjoy your time with us !!

I really love what you did with your Slave-Master 1- Mandalorian Gunship *wub*

I think its far more than just putting 2 Slaves1 together !! This custom really looks like a fantastic Cargo ship keeping the general shape of the Slave1.

I also really like your work on the cokpit of the ship, its well decorated and detailed !!

And your custom army of Bobbas is amazing !! Great colour combination and torso designs !!

Congrats once gain and please show us more !!

*yoda*

It's a nice idea but I would have done things differently, e.g. I would have put 2 bigger fins, instead of four little ones. Also the cockpit doesn't really seem that interesting and, given the sapce, I would take the time to add something more to it.

But like I said, nice idea.

SK

I like the idea, but as SW4J said, it looks like 2 Slave 1's put together. It would've been nicer if you would've been a bit more creative. Which doesn't mean I don't like it, because it does look goed :-)

johnsocal,

I was watching your BS gallery again and I have a piece of advice to make it look better: I would add a couple of studs to the rear long fins to make it longer (like in the Slave1).

And I personnally don't think the Cargo needs more detailing than it has !! Its a cargo after all ;-)

*yoda*

Hey John, welcome to EB. I'm a big fan of your Avalanche-11Y.

This ship here is really well built, but I'm not sure I really like the shape of it. I don't really like the double wings, though if you had made just two big wings, I might've said that it looks too much like the Slave 1. :-/

Overall I think it's nice build.

BTW, how did you get those helmets? Are they just jango helmets with the printing removed?

2 Slave 1s put together

Actually... if we do some math

the body is doubled sideways as well as lengthwise

so 2*2 = approximatly 4 times the volume of a slave1

either he used more than 2 Slave1s to build it, or added extra bricks in the right colors.

BTW, how did you get those helmets? Are they just jango helmets with the printing removed?

Those were genuine non-painted Jango helmets the LEGO made for their pick-a-part bins @ LEGO stores in Europe (so I'm told).

It appears that a few www.bricklink.com stores had them last year and I bought a ton of them.

2 Slave 1s put together

Actually... if we do some math

the body is doubled sideways as well as lengthwise

so 2*2 = approximatly 4 times the volume of a slave1

either he used more than 2 Slave1s to build it, or added extra bricks in the right colors.

You're right, I used some extra parts.

My goal was to use the parts that came with the Slaves since my inventory of new Gray isn't very good but luckily the hull is a hollowed-out cargo bay which helps. I will admit the ship is pretty heavy and especially when I compare its weight to the offcial Slave 1.

Man that thing looks so totaly awsome. It has the cc's seal of aprorval. The one thing that irks me though is the name. The Mandalorians never used firespray class ships like the slave one during their rain of terror arcross the galaxy. The only Mandalorians to use a firespray class ship were jango and boba fett. And both of them werent realy mandalorians they just had the armour.

Man that thing looks so totaly awsome. It has the cc's seal of aprorval. The one thing that irks me though is the name. The Mandalorians never used firespray class ships like the slave one during their rain of terror arcross the galaxy. The only Mandalorians to use a firespray class ship were jango and boba fett. And both of them werent realy mandalorians they just had the armour.

Who says this is an ancient Mandalorian ship and not a new one built after Boba Fett reformed the Mandalorians 26 years after the fall of the Galactic Empire ;-)

I really like the idea of it and some of the design is great. I think it fails in becoming its own ship due to the many simularities to the Slave 1. If it was built differently I would like it much more. The wings are too similar if not a direct copy, the guns again the same issue and the colors are used in nearly the same fashion which makes this the big fat brother to the Slave 1 or perhaps you could call it Master 1. :-D

If you were me then you would use both cockpits back to back and make one long vertical or horizontal cockpit. You would rearrange the colors so it is remeniscent of Slave 1 but clearly different. The colors would be more centralized and less chaotic. Your guns would get a redesign or at least a repositioning and the double "nose" would dissappear. A ship this size may need a few escape pods as well. Of course you are not me so you may do as you please. :-) ;-)

A very nice build anyway. It looks like it would be fun to play with and fly around. Your crew is excellent and overall this ship has some class.

MOC on

I really like the idea of it and some of the design is great. I think it fails in becoming its own ship due to the many simularities to the Slave 1. If it was built differently I would like it much more. The wings are too similar if not a direct copy, the guns again the same issue and the colors are used in nearly the same fashion which makes this the big fat brother to the Slave 1 or perhaps you could call it Master 1. :-D

If you were me then you would use both cockpits back to back and make one long vertical or horizontal cockpit. You would rearrange the colors so it is remeniscent of Slave 1 but clearly different. The colors would be more centralized and less chaotic. Your guns would get a redesign or at least a repositioning and the double "nose" would dissappear. A ship this size may need a few escape pods as well. Of course you are not me so you may do as you please. :-) ;-)

A very nice build anyway. It looks like it would be fun to play with and fly around. Your crew is excellent and overall this ship has some class.

MOC on

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

My whole reason for doing the gunship is to give it a very strong resemblance to Boba's Slave 1 in style and color and therefore calling is Slave-Master 1

The idea behind it was to create a gunship that was built by the same shipyard (Kuat Systems) that created the original Slave1 since Boba would have strong emotional attachment to that vehicle.

Since Boba becomes the leader (Mandalore) of the Mandalorians 26 years after the Galactic Empire fell, I thought it would be unique for Boba to rebuild the Mandalorians in his own image. Thie rebuilding of the Mandalorians in Boba's image would even give new Mandalorian vehicles instant recognition to Boba's legacy and would be just the beginning of the Mandalorians returning to their rightful position of power in the galaxy.

"Rebirth of the Mandalorians"

Thanks for the comments and suggestions.

My whole reason for doing the gunship is to give it a very strong resemblance to Boba's Slave 1 in style and color and therefore calling is Slave-Master 1

The idea behind it was to create a gunship that was built by the same shipyard (Kuat Systems) that created the original Slave1 since Boba would have strong emotional attachment to that vehicle.

Since Boba becomes the leader (Mandalore) of the Mandalorians 26 years after the Galactic Empire fell, I thought it would be unique for Boba to rebuild the Mandalorians in his own image. Thie rebuilding of the Mandalorians in Boba's image would even give new Mandalorian vehicles instant recognition to Boba's legacy and would be just the beginning of the Mandalorians returning to their rightful position of power in the galaxy.

"Rebirth of the Mandalorians"

Have you been reading the synopses of the forthcoming Legacy of the Force books?

The reason I ask is that Boba is apparently set to be a major force. But we don't yet know how. Maybe you have inside info...?

For futher info, see the official SW site, or www.theforce.net 's books section

Excellent MOC. Might want to work on the wings a bit, they just don't seem to fit with it.

Hm, I think I need to start reading legacy of the force books.

Amazing. Love the combination of 2 Slave 1's. That is a crap load of mandalorians.

HOW did you get THAT many fett helmets?!?

And, wish i had that, It's Mandalicious, them being my favorite faction aside from the empire.

HOW did you get THAT many fett helmets?!?

And, wish i had that, It's Mandalicious, them being my favorite faction aside from the empire.

well, they're not Jango Fett helms (no printing). Awhile ago a PAB had a bunch of these blank helmets, so for awhile they were pretty cheap, let me see if I can still find them for you on BL

Edit: Nope...couldn't find any

that's a drag I was thinking about buying a whole bunch of those helmets! oh well!

- Great idea to have all those different colored maldorians johnsocal!!!

lol I was skimming through the rest of the gallery when I found a really weird effect *wacko*

on this picture, when you scroll down with the mouse wheel, it looks like the camera is panning above the army...

I'm really impressed by the amount of helmet... I tried to do my own mandalorian army after readind the Open Season comic (the best Jango Fett comic imo) but I had to give up when I realised how few helmet were in affordable standard set (well, until they released the 'jabba's prize" set anyway...)