Remember the first Atlantis picture? That was of the $15 trike thing that looked like a Power Miner set in red? That was the first picture released and it is the worst set in the theme.

Plus this is different, huge death bike? What isn't to love? :laugh:

I'm hoping the rest of the theme is better. I was also hoping after the new Kingdoms theme we would get sets with human vs human instead of the insane human vs dead thnigs. Worked for Castle, doesn't seem to work so well with Ninjas and I'm kind of tired of it. I rather have Ninjas vs vampires, they are in style now anyways. :lol:

I am having mixed feelings about this but at this stage now, nothing is really confirm as it's still on the preliminary stage. One thing for sure, I am happy to see these new Ninja minifigs. :sweet:

Looking at the picture on Flickr, the skeleton on the bike looks taller than usual, and also looks like it has longer arms. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just me?

Will/Rocketbilly

Is it just me or is the biker holding a new bone mold as the base of his ax?? :cry_happy:

I think the concept is a little nuts, and certainly looks a bit out of place with the recent lines of great sets, but I feel if they do the chopper right and make minor adjustments to the design, it could be if nothing else, a great set for parts and accessories.

This did make me laugh, because it seems Lego is trying to do what Games Workshop did with their factions in Warhammer; they introduce a race of skellies in a fantasy knights setting, and then bring them back as post-apocalyptic future warriors.

I wouldn't be surprised to see other sets with orks yielding machine guns :laugh:

In my opinion I think that lego should create a new minifigure for the rider, this line doesn't bother me, it kind of reminds me of some of the old video games iv'e played like, Shinobi,Strider,Ninja Gaiden, where its ninjas verses robots,mutants,demons,ect....p.s. yes that does like a bone handle axe

Edited by Dr.Cogg

Hehe. So it was true. The theme is about ninjas vs skeletons using technology

So my guesses:

- Ninjas fight the skeletons through time.

- As a firm believer of the rule of cool: Sets will sell like pancake. All while AFOLs will decry it for being ridiculous they will secretly buy as part of a guilty pleasure. Kids will love it.

- If it is confirmed the ninjas have mechs, and that's very likely so. I am gonna spend a lot on this theme.

Anyway, the blurry, preliminar pic is not going to be helpful at all at predicting how the actual figs and the vehicles will look so I wouldn't bother about it.

Edited by vexorian

Remember the first Atlantis picture? That was of the $15 trike thing that looked like a Power Miner set in red? That was the first picture released and it is the worst set in the theme.

Plus this is different, huge death bike? What isn't to love? :laugh:

I'm with you on this one. This is definitely in the spirit of the Rule of Cool, and has a bunch of pretty cool parts for just 15€. What's to complain about? :thumbup:

Blue ninja looks interesting, but what is that the ninja is holding?

I think it's pearl-gold nunchucks! :sweet:

Anyone notice the NinjaGo subtitle "Masters of Spinjitzu"? This theme seems more gimmicky all the time...

But one thing is for sure: This is gonna make helluva whacky theme month! :laugh:

Chaps, what we have here is something that is Pure Action Theme. Bright colours, Super action awesome, Slightly Silly. All ingredients of the action themes Lego has been doing for the past few years.

You can wail and gnash your teeth and point to Adventurers, but that has never really fitted into the Action Theme remit and goes here as it has nowhere else to belong.

My guess is that, like with comics and films. Ideas are pitched to the bosses and then you get the go ahead to work on certain ones. Someone decided to go with the absolutely insane idea, maybe to make another seem slightly more do-able, and as is the way, it was chosen for development!

From the prelim pic, I can see myself buying a small set or two just for the parts (Maybe a large set if its really good and its on sale).

Like someone else mentioned, I think this theme has a lot more potenial than the World Races theme.

:sceptic:

I guess I'll bricklink some parts. I'm not a fan of huge technic vehicles so I think I'll pass on the sets. But I like the skeleton helmet and the nunchucks, and I'm curious to see how the torsos of the ninjas are printed (if they are), might be useful.

Hehe, Skeleton bike attack... with ninjas! What's not to love there?

If there are more skeletons in this line, I'd gladly add them to my castle collection. More skeletons are alwalys helpful. The ninja stuff is a nice bonus then!

These orange and purple ninjas fighting undead nazi skeletons riding monstrous chopper cycles are not at all historically accurate!! I'm beginning to think that TLG isn't even creating this line for adult history buffs!!!!

Well, yeah. Maybe, just maybe, these are for the kids...?

I saw also a terrible and BIG skeleton guy, something similar to the new shark monster in the atlantis temple.

the skeletons faces are strange with new "evil" pattern

I dont' like this line, but tomorrow i made some photos for you.

nausi

Edited by nausicaakro

WTF.

:laugh:

Ladies and gentlemen, I think this has potential to be the most ridiculous Lego line ever.

I look forward to it. :laugh:

on the german website it shows a blurry picture of a blue ninja verses a skeleton with troll armor and an army helmet, riding a giant Chopper(motorcycle) with a huge skull on the front.

That's one massive bike! :laugh:

Looks freaking ridiculous. I want it...but I don't...but I do...

I'm not sure why but, I'm having a total "Surf Nazis Must Die!" moment. :laugh:

C'mon! You gotta admit ninjas fighting undead Nazi skeletons is pretty awesome...

I'm almost positive I watched a movie like that one "kung-fu Saturday" when I was but a lad... :laugh:

So how does the card game fit into these huge sets? I guess if different ninjas have different "stats" and can fight one another, than each villain has different point values? Are they trying to start a Lego war-game? :laugh:

I wonder how many points that bulky chopper is worth? In all seriousness, I'm not discarding this theme just on the basis of this set. Sure, I won't be collecting it but it's gonna be a holy grail of parts and accessories.

I love that bone handle he's got; I hinally have something to arm my zombie horde with! :thumbup:

So how does the card game fit into these huge sets? I guess if different ninjas have different "stats" and can fight one another, than each villain has different point values? Are they trying to start a Lego war-game? :laugh:

I wonder how many points that bulky chopper is worth? In all seriousness, I'm not discarding this theme just on the basis of this set. Sure, I won't be collecting it but it's gonna be a holy grail of parts and accessories.

I love that bone handle he's got; I hinally have something to arm my zombie horde with! :thumbup:

Yeah, I think this'll be a gold mine of figs and parts. I'm looking forward to it.

I think this is the most ridiculous and therefore the most epic win series of sets I have ever heard of.

Man...2011 is gonna be tough on us limited budget blokes lol.

I saw in the little set (1 ninja and 1 skeleton) cards like the old adventurers cards, with power, strength, life point etc etc :wacko:

nausi

This theme seems absolutely insane so far. I can't wait to pick up some of these sets, it just seems so ridiculous that it has to be awesome.

This looks so bloody damn stupid, may be one of the most trashy themes ever. And I kind of like it. :D

But let´s wait for more and better picture before judging.