Actually, disregard my previous post...

I would definitely love to see the guardian minifig in a cheaper set. I figured that $160 for the minifigs and treasure keys wasn't worth it.

Does the squid warrior return? I don't (and won't) own the sets the squid warrior comes in, so I'd like to see more of those...

Oh, and do any more treasure keys appear? I want a complete collection.

Edited by Delta 38

Probably not. They already got through the portal, so there's no use for keys anymore. Now it's likely just about looting the Atlanteans' treasure in the name of science. :tongue: So I expect to see the usual golden treasure chests, gold coins, and/or diamonds. But maybe I'm wrong and there will be some new treasure-like item(s). :sweet: Pearl gold fishes anyone? :laugh:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Probably not. They already got through the portal, so there's no use for keys anymore. Now it's likely just about looting the Atlanteans' treasure in the name of science. :tongue: So I expect to see the usual golden treasure chests, gold coins, and/or diamonds. But maybe I'm wrong and there will be some new treasure-like item(s). :sweet: Pearl gold fishes anyone? :laugh:

It's possible that the keys are used in Atlantis, too. Maybe to open secret treasure troves or operate magikal vehicles or something.

Of course, I'm curious what treasure, if any is going to be included in the sets. Gold fish sound interesting, though a silver or gold shark might be more interesting.

I'm not sure "Looting" is the proper word because judging by klauses post they're ruins of what once was atlantis so I cant imagine mutants caring about jewels. :tongue:

It's possible that the keys are used in Atlantis, too. Maybe to open secret treasure troves or operate magikal vehicles or something.

You watch too many Disney movies. :tongue: Seriously, the Atlanteans would have to be pretty stupid to have the same key for multiple locks/mechanisms. But then again, they're mutants, so who knows what they're thinking.

I'm not sure "Looting" is the proper word because judging by klauses post they're ruins of what once was atlantis so I cant imagine mutants caring about jewels. :tongue:

Why not? It's probably the only thing they got left to lose. Poor Atlanteans. :cry_sad:

Why not? It's probably the only thing they got left to lose. Poor Atlanteans. :cry_sad:

Poor little blood sucking malformed mutants. :tongue: Well at least they have beds to sleep in at the portal temple. :laugh:

Seriously, the Atlanteans would have to be pretty stupid to have the same key for multiple locks/mechanisms. But then again, they're mutants, so who knows what they're thinking.

Well, there's already the Gateway of the Squid and the Portal which both use the keys, though in slightly different ways. It's not impossible, and rather likely since LEGO has put at least one key in pretty much every set and there's only been two places where they've been used.

And maybe their vehicles would require a certain combination of turns to activate that the Atlanteans have forgotten because they can't read the ancient writing on them.

You watch too many Disney movies. :tongue:

I don't know why you would say such a thing.

I'd bet that it's just like with power miners. Four final sets.

Klaus-Dieter: Do you remember what general color the "temples" are?

I think there were minimum four sets.

If I don't remember wrong, they were tan. But maybe there was even some white.

Regrettably I even don't remember whether they were horizonatl only one part.

Well, in about the end of September we'll see some blurry prelim pics, don't you think?

Klaus-Dieter

I think there were minimum four sets.

If I don't remember wrong, they were tan. But maybe there was even some white.

Regrettably I even don't remember whether they were horizonatl only one part.

Well, in about the end of September we'll see some blurry prelim pics, don't you think?

Klaus-Dieter

A little thing I noticed

Atlantis and Power Miners have both had 14 sets released for there first wave, So we could expect at least 4 sets for the second wave of Atlantis default_sceptic.gif

A little thing I noticed

Atlantis and Power Miners have both had 14 sets released for there first wave, So we could expect at least 4 sets for the second wave of Atlantis default_sceptic.gif

Then Atlantis may follow the same path as Power Miners then :hmpf_bad:

While you obviously don't remember the details of the red ships, were there any particularly large ones that measure up with the temple, evening out the playing field a bit? Also wandering, because I'm not familiar with these retailer catalogues, is there pictures of the boxes or any price ranges? Pretty much just wandering was this column temple the largest set? Sorry for all the questions, really appreciate all the info so far.

While you obviously don't remember the details of the red ships, were there any particularly large ones that measure up with the temple, evening out the playing field a bit? Also wandering, because I'm not familiar with these retailer catalogues, is there pictures of the boxes or any price ranges? Pretty much just wandering was this column temple the largest set? Sorry for all the questions, really appreciate all the info so far.

The retailer catalogue includes a small picture (a preliminary for sets that will be released the current year) and some specifications of the set like name and number and the size of the set's box but there are no prices. None that is human readable at least.

LEGO will make as many sets as they can think of / that sell well. However I swear I remember reading that LEGO had a three year plan for Atlantis.

I heard that somewhere, I just can't remember

From 1000steine.de (translated by yours truly):

7984 Drill Submarine 29,99€

- Hmmm, nice golden armament pieces, some column-stuff with the new round bricks, an additional little Mini-sub, with a new drill and a Hammerhead-like creature which are nice, but I'm not a fan of the large drill pieces that are used on the main sub. Never liked those on Power Miners either.... but tastes differ.

7985 Temple of Atlantis 69,99€

- very pretty! With round 2x2 bricks which have grooves along the sides and therefore resemble columns. In addition, the set includes a warrior statue and also two new Atlantis inhabitants. A Crab-man and a anglerfish-like protagonist. The fish-decorations from the old Ninja-Sets can be found on the Temple too. An 8-blade-propeller, as well as some kind of boulder-piece seemed new to me.

7976 Deep Sea Jet 4,99€

- Small and cute. Something to buy on impulse.

7977 Underwater Walker 9,99€

- Again with the Hammerhead figure and of course some column fragment. Kinda meh to be. Doesn't really blow me away, just like many other walkers from other themes, but we'll see.

7978 Anglerfish Attack 19,99€

- Again with the column elements, a golden helmet (Apparently something to collect! There was something similar in Castle!), an Anglerfish-creature, and a large anglerfish, with the old dragon wings in green as fins. Personally, I quite like it, but I'll have to see it in person [to make a final judgement].

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

- very pretty! With round 2x2 bricks which have grooves along the sides and therefore resemble columns.

:oh3: ... :oh: ... *oh2*

Not a big fan of Atlantis, but it looks like all you Spartan collectors are in for some pretty cool sets that you can use... but I think grooved round bricks to make a column sounds FANTASTIC!!!!

It's great to finally hear some more news! I've been waiting patiently for more information, ok I've not been very patient at all. :laugh:

So it seems that the theme will continue underwater. The hammerhead shark figure sounds interesting. I'm not a big fan of the drill sounding sub either.

I guess I'll just have to wait for pictures :sad: Hopefully, I wont have to wait too long. My birthday is coming up soon, and I'm considering getting the Portal of Atlantis if these sets look good.

Edited by Wowplayer

Temple of Atlantis and Angler Fish Attack sound great: lots of fantasy adventure elements which I like. Gotta see some pics to make a final judgement though.

Now this sounds like the Atlantis I would consider to buy! :sweet:

It's supposed to be released in January so I hope we won't have to wait for too long until some pictures are revealed.

A pic of the big temple from Imperiumdersteine. I think this isn´t the pic of the whole set,

http://www.imperiumdersteine.de/showthread.php?p=445516#post445516

Here's a direct link:

http://www.imperiumdersteine.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=25182&d=1284665576

Wow! That looks beautiful! Absolute must-buy! :wub: The anglerfish fig looks interesting, and the "warrior statue" seems to be a pearl-gold version of the Spartan minifig! :sweet:

I am still hoping for some crab people like in the description.

:laugh:

It's supposed to be released in January so I hope we won't have to wait for too long until some pictures are revealed.

*pic*

:laugh: I think I was right, 3 minutes isn't too long to wait!

Thanks, Navy Trooper Fenson!

Maybe not quite as good as I had hoped for but still very nice, I will surely have to pick this up.

The anglerfish minifig looks hilarious! :laugh: