Klaus-Dieter

2011 City sets

Police truck is a big YES :grin: , but I noticed the openning section is 8 wide.

Now the new dog is just AWESOME, about time for realistic animals ! :thumbup:

Sadly the new police station is missing what my son love about the last one, the escape feature from the jail cells......the new one has open back cells....easier to breakout of jail eh ?

Keep on waiting for 2011 :sweet:

Guys, er....guys ! *oh2*

I just popped over to TRU USA website........IN STOCK.......7498 police station $99.99 US........IN STOCK.......7288 police truck $44.99 !

Okay, so a plan would be some one in the US buy these and review for little old us ! :wink:

So is this part of Black Friday ?

Keep on wishing ! :sweet:

im i the only one who thinks the new dog is worse than the old one?

it looks like cheap china plastic all over

and what is it with that print? why not just print eyes like the horses and cows?

im not liking this one...

lego is going playmobil on us

it has such a round shape that i believe is not in the lego principle.

but then again so do the pigs...

These are NICE.

New dog is great (wish it was a color other than brown for once though)

Crowbar is very good (although red is the wrong color, black or dk bley would have been better)

New blue torso is great (wish it was in a cheaper set though so you could get multiples)

Backpack is very good, as is the new jacket torso for the criminal.

White baseball cap and white bicycle are perfect, as is the use of the new castle wall corner in white on the truck.

Those torches, what part are they using? I think its the telescope part but I cant be sure.

Looks to me like the doors on the jail cell is a new mould related to the current one but as a window rather than a door (i.e. does not open) which is a good thing.

I'll definitely buy the smallest police set, just for the great new parts included in it. I don't have that many policemen, either, so I might find use for a few more.

Does anyone else find it odd that the police station has a helipad but no helicopter?

Does anyone else find it odd that the police station has a helipad but no helicopter?

Strange I never noticed that! Silly lego :wacko:.

I like the little set because of the new parts, but why is the crow bar red? It looks too silly and out of place to me. I just hope we see different vairiations.

Thanks, CB

There will be a Helicopter released, but it's the same size as Fire Helicopter released this year.

Small helipad + Massive helicopter = Crushed police station + Escaped criminals = bad for lego city default_laugh_new.gif

Thanks for the pics Red Brick. :thumbup:

The new sets look very interesting! The new dog printing is beautiful and the new light blue torso looks fantastic. :sweet:

The new Police Station looks big(!) (and nice I would dare say). The white bicycle is great and I also like the police van in it. About the heliport, perhaps TLG has plans of releasing a small helicopter in the near future, a smart move. :wink:

I don't really like the big Police truck but the small red car looks cute.

Btw, is that a new torso the one of the burglars has in the small minifigs set?

Thanks for the pics The Red Brick!

Police truck is a big YES :grin: , but I noticed the openning section is 8 wide.

Now the new dog is just AWESOME, about time for realistic animals ! :thumbup:

Sadly the new police station is missing what my son love about the last one, the escape feature from the jail cells......the new one has open back cells....easier to breakout of jail eh ?

Keep on waiting for 2011 :sweet:

Guys, er....guys ! *oh2*

I just popped over to TRU USA website........IN STOCK.......7498 police station $99.99 US........IN STOCK.......7288 police truck $44.99 !

Okay, so a plan would be some one in the US buy these and review for little old us ! :wink:

HELL YEAH! Going to order right now.

Police station: Meh, I'll pass!

Police truck: Meh, I'll pass

Smaller set: Might pick one of these up, like the crowbar but red is an odd colour choice but already have a stack of policemen! :devil:

Is it just me, or is that dog really small. I really like the new backpack. These sets are looking pretty cool :thumbup:

2011 photos! yay! :classic:

I got more but I cannot post em. Go to my site to see em. TrainDooded.webs.com :thumbup::laugh::yoda::alien::hmpf::wink::sing::sick:*huh*:wub::oh::tongue::classic::cry_happy:

I got more but I cannot post em. Go to my site to see em. TrainDooded.webs.com :thumbup::laugh::yoda::alien::hmpf::wink::sing::sick:*huh*:wub::oh::tongue::classic::cry_happy:

Er, what's with the emoticons man ?! :wacko:

One each line is enough, eh ?

The MOD's don't like too many in one line and I think you set a world record ! :laugh:

Also what's on your page we have all seen - I'm a conformist! ! :sweet:

Why are there two cops in that small set, I have enough of them already and that quad isn't great either.

But what a great new pieces, I really like that new printed dog and of course that crowbar and backpack. :thumbup::sweet:

the Inventor

That is probably meant more to be a fig pack. The ATM and ATV are both really light on pieces.

Everything's official! Time to pin the topic! :grin:

Is it just me, or is that dog really small. I really like the new backpack. These sets are looking pretty cool :thumbup:

I think it's good for minifig scale. The last one was enormous. I really love this dog, as someone said, especially with the printing. The backpack, yes. I need 100! :laugh:

Please don't use so many emoticons. This site is for adults, not children who like to press buttons and see funny faces. Also, please don't use our site as a billboard for your own. If you want to be a member here, great. But participate in discussions, don't just advertise your site please.

Perhaps re-reading the Site Guidelines you agreed to when you signed up for an account here will help you.

Thank you.

Would you believe they're already out of stock?

Thanks for pointing this out lightningtiger. :thumbup:

Well those three police sets are out of stock online, but they claim available in store !

Can we have comfirmation of this from someone stateside ?

Well those three police sets are out of stock online, but they claim available in store !

Can we have comfirmation of this from someone stateside ?

I noticed that. Confirmation would be great. Then I could frontpage the news.

I've got mixed feelings about these new sets.

I think the new police station is a better looking building than the last, though that wouldn't be hard, I always had a hard time to understand what the idea behind the last one was. It seemed to be a bunch of rooms all stuck together. This one at least resembles a possible office building with garage and jail cell annex. I don't like the width of the 4 wide vehicles but since so many here do I guess thats a matter of personal preference, I also don't like the design. The old station seemed to be a better parts pack to me, more fences, more windows.

The new semi trailer I think is a backward step from the last, the old one had far better doors, this one seems very boxy, and is 8 wide, way out of proportion to the 4 wide cars in the police station. I think both old and new cabs are comparable. The one feature of the new truck I like is the addition of a cell, probably not very prototypical, but a nice play feature.

Like others the new minfigs don't excite me too much since I've got many other police, but I do like the new crowbar and backpack. By the way I don't see red as an inappropriate colour for the crowbar, many tools have a bright protective coating. My crowbar is blue, but I've seen red, yellow and orange ones too.

In all as an AFOL who already has a few police stations, I'm not greatly interested in these, but they look pretty good for kids.

That new mobile command truck is definitely a step back. This one looks stubbier, and doesn't have the little police building as well. Those who want the 2008 version should get it now.

You know why? Because there is no stairs or access to the helipad for policemen to get up and down and the helipad is abandoned already!!! :wacko::tongue:

Oh, actually, it is the way TLC intends to sell the still piling-up stock of 7741... :devil:

The red smart convertible reminds me of a classic 2 decades ago; 6644 Road Rebel. I wonder how will the new one measure up to its father :laugh:

P1000641.jpg

As for the helipad on the new police station, maybe they were thinking of something smaller like the one from 6354 Pursuit Squad. A 2nd half set maybe?

P1010279.jpg

There will be a Helicopter released, but it's the same size as Fire Helicopter released this year.

Small helipad + Massive helicopter = Crushed police station + Escaped criminals = bad for lego city default_laugh_new.gif

Good thing there's plenty of cops and construction workers in the average Lego city. :wink:

im i the only one who thinks the new dog is worse than the old one?

it looks like cheap china plastic all over

and what is it with that print? why not just print eyes like the horses and cows?

im not liking this one...

lego is going playmobil on us

it has such a round shape that i believe is not in the lego principle.

but then again so do the pigs...

What looks cheap about the new dog? The printing is high-quality, the color seems perfectly accurate and consistent (seems to be medium nougat), and the print is quite obviously meant to help the dog resemble a German Shepherd (the most common breed of police dog). It's no different than the printed spots on the black and white cows-- it's just meant to show more detail.

Perhaps you've come to the conclusion that all parts with advanced printing are cheap because they're usually made in China? It's a very backwards sort of logic, but I can't say you're the only one to have reached the conclusion that nothing from China can possibly be good (despite many of the Chinese parts being totally on-par with standard LEGO quality, and no worse in quality than certain low-quality parts from long before Chinese production began).

Anyway, I've seen the new dog piece on LEGO Digital Designer, and it's not that round. In fact, it's a lot more angular than the LEGO cat or rat. But then, if you consider the pig too round... well, I guess you've made up your mind (minifigs must by extension also be too round, what with those egregiously cylindrical arms and heads). So far, the only LEGO animal in recent years which I've been thoroughly unimpressed with was the Camel, with its zero flexibility and its decidedly rounder aesthetic than the horse. And even it was still very angular in many areas.

I personally love the new dog, as well as all the sets. I'm not a City collector, but I'm very impressed that LEGO continues to show ingenuity in a theme that they've been doing for several decades.

Thanks for the images. It's great to see some detailed images of the 2011 Police sets. Its getting so repetitive but I could love to have the new K9 mold. Somehow or another, it does reminds me of the detailed printing on the new animal elements like the HP owls and kittens. Plus the red daredevil 4-studs wide car, does resemble like the Road Rebel pointed by paanjang16.