KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2011 Pictures & Rumors

Nannan posted pics of the Executor box in his photostream

<snip>

Playset confirmed, though if you ask me it seems to have been integrated pretty well.

For those without keen eyesight, 124.4cm / 49" long. 3152 pieces, & Vader is holding a hologram.

I reckon that it is Darth Sidious on the hologram Vader is holding.

Also is the Tantive IV, Imperial Shuttle and Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter on the box because TLG wanted to advertise UCS sets and they were the most recent ones?

Most impressive, indeed. But spending around 350 bucks on a LEGO? Am i fool enough? Will i find room to place it? Huh, i'd better go into my force chamber and meditate on this huge matter... :sadnew:

Ignoring the expected retail value for a moment, i wish to go that far and say: this seems to be one gorgeous alltime classic they have created. Reminds me of the lasting hype around UCS Falcon and UCS Star Destroyer...

Hmm, judging by one of the smallest pics on the box, the ship seems to be flat-bottomed as we feared.

IMHO, I'll wait for the official developer's video on YT before betting my money on this beast.

p.s.: I'd really like to know the dimensions of the box. I've always wanted to own one of those huge boxes as those of the Death Star and the MF, though it seems they once again managed to cram 3000+ pieces in a box like that of the Lamba Shuttle.

EDIT: from a close-up on those smaller pics, it can be easily seen that it IS flat-bottomed. Congrats on the horrendous choice, TLG. Now please tell me where I should put this monster, in order to see only the top half and not its bottom.

Edited by kamigawa

Good find Brickdoctor :thumbup:

EDIT: from a close-up on those smaller pics, it can be easily seen that it IS flat-bottomed. Congrats on the horrendous choice, TLG. Now please tell me where I should put this monster, in order to see only the top half and not its bottom.

And here are those close ups edited from Nannan Z's pics.

executor_box_art_detail_2.jpg

From this rough pic the interior looks pretty compact and rather than looking like a play-set, IMO they've managed to create an alternative display feature.

New consoles :sweet: ? I wonder if they're stickers or printed. That blast door looks too small for a minifig to fit through.

executor_box_art_detail_1.jpg

I never thought I'd use the words 'flat bottom' and 'nice rear' in the same sentence.

I'm still looking forward to hi-res pics.

sorry but it looks terrible! the side on view shows the model to have the same fault the star destroyer had with the top being angled and not level, the bottom is flat! theres lots of gaps at the rear where the engines are!

thumbs down from me!

I don't feel inspired by this super star destroyer, it's nice but that minifig display set up....what are you meant to position your figures under that built-up section and play peak-a-boo with Vader ? :sarcasm_smug::iamded_lol:

Reserve my final judgement of the set when I read a review of it. :wink:

We know why.....there isn't any room for them and their ego's ! :laugh:

I think they dropped names in a hat and pulled out the three in the set. :blush:

Flat bottom is because some kids will want to play with it. Sorry AFOL's, kids always get first dibs. Oh well.

We know why.....there isn't any room for them and their ego's ! :laugh:

I think they dropped names in a hat and pulled out the three in the set. :blush:

They need Boba Fett exclusive to the Slave I to help sell that set. 4-LOM and Zuckess would require new head molds. From a business standpoint it makes sense why they chose these three.

Flat bottom is because some kids will want to play with it. Sorry AFOL's, kids always get first dibs. Oh well.

Hmm i don't agree!

The Box says "Age 16+",well this don't mean AFOL-only but i guess even a 17year old Teenager don't really want to play with it,but rather display it!

Of course LEGO are toys but to me it seems with this "hybrid"between a display-model and a regular playset TLG totally missed any of their target audience!

IG88 finally got a new head. Hopefully it´s printed and not a sticker. New Torso for Piett.

The Box says "Age 16+",well this don't mean AFOL-only but i guess even a 17year old Teenager don't really want to play with it,but rather display it!

That does mean AFOL; LEGO always puts 16+ on the big AFOL sets. I don't think their numbering system goes any higher.

The play set part integrates quite nicely. It looks like you can fit in the mini figures with the roof on, although perhaps you could toss them all into the computer bays. But that's ok. Really I don't think that the play set feature sacrifices a good overall model as people feared.

That does mean AFOL; LEGO always puts 16+ on the big AFOL sets. I don't think their numbering system goes any higher.

I sure that 16+ is kinda skill level thing, and plus anyone over 16 should be able to build this.

From this rough pic the interior looks pretty compact and rather than looking like a play-set, IMO they've managed to create an alternative display feature.

New consoles :sweet: ?

I think those are just stickered cheese wedges.

I'm pretty sure of that as well.

sorry but it looks terrible! the side on view shows the model to have the same fault the star destroyer had with the top being angled and not level, the bottom is flat! theres lots of gaps at the rear where the engines are!

I know where you're coming from but this would seem to come down to budget - always a caveat for our beloved LEGO designers - and, as mentioned above, a degree of playability. Overall, I'm quite pleased with the model. Seeing it that bit more accurate would substantially hike the price even more and I shudder to think what this will cost alone! For anyone disatisfied with the accuracy, crack out your box of dark bley and get working... I'm sure you could mod this to perfection, cavegod. :wink:

IG88 finally got a new head. Hopefully it´s printed and not a sticker. New Torso for Piett.

I'm very pleased about this. Makes him feel more unique. I'd put money on it being a print. For the serious investment this'll cost though, it would've been nice to see 4-LOM and Zuckuss.

I sure that 16+ is kinda skill level thing, and plus anyone over 16 should be able to build this.

I reckon so. And let's face it 16+ doesn't mean to say it's not going to be played with. I'd have Vader warning "No disintegrations..." and this bad boy jumping to Hyperspace soon as it was built... :wink:

Pics aren't showing up for me... :sad:

The ones that are embedded work, but unfortunately you can't click them to see other sizes because Nannan changed them to private pages.

The only thing that really bothers me is the flat bottom. I suppose the issue would be at what height to display this - if it's on a low surface maybe the gaps at the rear and the flat bottom are not a problem. Surely the main focal point is the city area. Overall I think it's alright, but I still wouldn't buy it.

Really I don't think that the play set feature sacrifices a good overall model as people feared.

I agree - I'd go as far as to say I don't think it has a play set feature - just an alternative display feature which includes some mini-figs. At least that would add a touch of colour :grin: .

I can confirmed the new head of IG-88 is printed. I've seen updated and detailed pics of this sets from a certain "little bird".

The model is eventually 124cm long (exactly like mine). When I did the math, I found 122. I was close.

sorry but it looks terrible!

What an euphemism ! :cry_sad:

The model really sucks.

It is done in the same style as 10030 (it's a similar ship I mean, big, grey, a lot of greebs). But the finitions are as good as the 10143.

The final result is simply disastrous.

Edited by Anio