Since I'm a big fan of old Skodas I did see when I was a kid, I love your new MOC too much :wub: . Can you create detailed instruction please :sweet: ? Seeing images and vid I think I've almost all the parts to make a new one for my shelf :wink: .

Plastic Nurak I cannot give you a promise, but I will try. Doing detailed instruction takes a lot of time and I still need to do them for my parrot, mantis, FTTS and Horse. I have two videos waiting to be edited and I started building another jet plane. :laugh:

Video of two 8045 alternates

crane01.jpg_thumb.jpg00.jpg_thumb.jpg

Edited by grohl

AMAZING! I'm in the process of making notes for parts needed to make your 8271 Velociraptor...very creative yet simple to construct model. I hope you don't mind.

raptor09.jpg

It's nice to see some organic creations made from very unorganic Technic parts :thumbup:

I'll be ordering them on Bricklink since I don't own the 8271 nor have enough left over parts to make it. I'll be experimenting with a shades of green and darker colors though. Since I own the 8043, I wonder what kind of animal/creature you can make from it, with your creative imagination. A PF powered walking yellow dinosaur with LA actuated jaws to crush unsuspecting minifigs perhaps?

Since I own the 8043, I wonder what kind of animal/creature you can make from it, with your creative imagination. A PF powered walking yellow dinosaur with LA actuated jaws to crush unsuspecting minifigs perhaps?

You are definitely allowed to build my raptor. No problem about that. There is still some place for improvement in the design, but I only used the parts of 8271. I would like to see a photo of it when it's finished, so do not forget about me. :wink:

My 8043 is still in one piece, so I may give it a try if I have time. Walking dinosaur would be nice, but I am not capable to build a biped animal that would look good and do anything else. Even to make it walk would be a problem.

BLUETONGUE

The name comes from the Australian family of skinks with blue tongue (how obvious). Inspired by Rallye Dakar offroaders.

Length: 25cm

Width: 16.5cm

Height: 13.5cm

Weight: 700g

3M motors: 1 for return-to-center steering, 2 for RWD.

Features working lights, suspension, opening bonnet and boot.

More pictures HERE

"]VIDEO

bluetongue0.jpg

bluetongue3.jpg

bluetongue4.jpg

bluetongue5.jpg

bluetongue91.jpg

Edited by grohl

Great model!

I've always loved Dakar-racing and those cars. This one seems quite sturdy and fast!

Too bad you used the tecnic panels 5, 6, 13 and 14 in lbg...

Those are quite rare...

Now i have to order them! :angry:

BTW:

I'm totally stunned by the pace you are working. Great model after great model. :thumbup:

Please stop doing that!! :tongue:

Edited by JunkstyleGio

Good news for those who would like to build BLUETONGUE themselves.

The instructions are available in my BS folder HERE.

You will need 527 parts. A few of them rare and quite a lot of Power Functions elements. Still it will go fine in different colour scheme or without lights or one receiver.

bluetongue5.jpg

I just downloaded the 141 image files off of Grohl666's Brickshelf gallery. This looks like it will be fun to build! Thanks for sharing the Bluetongue's Building Instructions! :classic:

med_BlueTongueSkink.jpg

great MOC! might try to build it one day...

Those Blue-Tongues are native around here (Melb, australia... actually common across most of the country)

I had one in my backyard the other week.. surprisingly quick, once they 'charge' themselves up in the sun! a bit like your MOC, maybe?

RB

For Grohl's Bluetongue vehicle, I converted the individual .JPG files into a single, 4.6-MB PDF Building Instruction file. I'd be glad to e-mail it to anybody who wants it -- contact me at LudersDG@MSN.com . The single PDF file will save you download time, and make it easier to go through the building steps. I already sent it to one Eurobricks member.

Thanks again to Grohl for allowing others to build his creation. :classic:

DLuders

Thank you for your effort. I would be also able to send you a .zip archive with the photos but the .pdf version is probably more user friendly.

TheDesuComplex

Sorry, I do not have 8069. I just bought the mLAs for my other MOC where they are going to retract the landing gear.

Good news for those who would like to build BLUETONGUE themselves.

The instructions are available in my BS folder HERE.

You will need 527 parts. A few of them rare and quite a lot of Power Functions elements. Still it will go fine in different colour scheme or without lights or one receiver.

Thanks so much for providing these instructions. Can you explain a bit about why you used two receivers? I've been looking at the instructions and trying to figure out the wiring. I do not think you have any skid steer function, so does that mean that both receivers are on the same channel and each "red" output goes to a different motor so the left and right motors work together?

Thanks so much for providing these instructions. Can you explain a bit about why you used two receivers? I've been looking at the instructions and trying to figure out the wiring. I do not think you have any skid steer function, so does that mean that both receivers are on the same channel and each "red" output goes to a different motor so the left and right motors work together?

This was just an experiment. I was told that if you have two motors on one receiver and stall one of them, the other one does not turn that fast as if each of them was connected to a different receiver.

I saw you photo instructions of your 8052 alternate model.

So I downloaded the photos, and began building... in sr3d. :laugh:

Why? I want to challenge myself; I want to make instructions that look like real lego instructions. :classic:

HERE you can download a preview of the instructions. Can somebody tell me if it looks good?

Oh, DON'T expect the instructions in a few days, i'm a perfectionist :laugh: .

Why? I want to challenge myself; I want to make instructions that look like real lego instructions. :classic:

HERE you can download a preview of the instructions. Can somebody tell me if it looks good?

They look absolutely perfect and they are of better quality than the original TLG ones. :thumbup:

Few days ago I built another 8045 alternate.

The Chameleon has a moving jawbone, legs and tail.

cham01.jpg

cham02.jpg

cham04.jpg

Did you use Lpub to create the .pdf?

Nice alternate model, grohl !

Did you use Lpub to create the .pdf?

Nice alternate model, grohl !

No, I didn't used Lpub. I took every picture in LDview and imported them in powerpoint 2010, but maybe I'm going to use publisher 2010.

And I'm building it in SR3d builder. But I saw that the pictures became a little bad when they were going through the conversion to pdf.

@ Legolijntje:

Fine job on the instructions so far. The quality of the PDF so far is great. Far better then some of the pdf's from TLG we've been seeing lately!

I hope you will finish them soon.

The spinning arms from the video is funny!

I just can't help not to laugh.

I like your creation grohl!!! :thumbup: