KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2010 Pictures and Rumors

I don't have seen the new AT-AT on the frontpage. So, I assume you don't have any picture of it yet. Sorry if I'm wrong.

If I'm right, here is the new AT-AT I found on my forum (thanks to Lutin) :

The legs are quite ugly IMHO.

They are too clumsy and have no printed dish. :o

Thanks for the picture! I'll wait until I see more pics before passing final judgment, but as of right now I am very disappointed with that if that is actually the final product. It's a big downgrade from the motorized walker and a huge downgrade from the original. JMO

Dude, that is awesome! :cry_happy: Thanks!

Looks like we may have an interior! I'm glad to see the return of the printed/stickered tile (don't care if it is stickered really). IMO, much better than the cheese slopes. The body and head look nice and sturdy. However, the legs look rather big and a bit blocky, but I like this new style. Good selection of figures too. Hopefully LEGO will introduce a more serious face for this Veers. I think we will get 8 to 10 figures.

Luke Skywalker

Snowtrooper x2

AT-AT Pilot (x2?)

Veers

Han Solo

C3-PO

Hoth Rebel

Plus a speeder, or another mobile control centre. :grin: LEGO like those things, eh?

Were are the prited leg dishes though? :look:

EDIT: Fixed silly typo. :hmpf:

Edited by Jammiedodger714

I really thought that this would be a UCS ATAT. I don't really see the point in a new regular ATAT so soon. There's really nothing very new about it, even the minifigs. The baddies come straight from the Battle pack. I will pas and buy Han on Bricklink.

PS I'm impressed with the unarmed Imperial Officer boldly strolling towards the rebels - maybe he's going to have a fist fight with 3PO?? :laugh:

I don't think he'll win. Few have bested the powerful C-3PO.

Anyway, I like the minifigures included with the set. I like that they've added a turret installation for the AT-AT to actually fight. In the previous sets, there was just Luke dangling on a rope. I have never bought an AT-AT, despite wanting one, I've never actually sprung for one. I'll be sure to purchase this one, I'd be a fool not to.

But another Hoth Han? :hmpf:

Well, he'll have the new face this time, so it isn't so bad. :classic:

The AT-AT looks like a midi-scale version of the PF one. I'll pass. :sad:

Thanks "Anio" for the picture though! :thumbup:

Thanks so much for the pic. I was never a fan of Hoth stuff, but since 2007 TLG has changed my mind! I do hate that they switch the rebel equips-goggles and helmet-all the time...I L I K E consistency!

-Santhor

I don't have seen the new AT-AT on the frontpage. So, I assume you don't have any picture of it yet. Sorry if I'm wrong.

If I'm right, here is the new AT-AT I found on my forum (thanks to Lutin) :

imgp0175m.jpg

The legs are quite ugly IMHO.

They are too clumsy and have no printed dish. :o

EDIT : we can see hinge on the sides : the model has an interior. :o

That's cool !

Oh, My, God.

How many AT-AT's do they freaking want! Just scrap the AT-AT and make a model people actually want to buy! Like modified Republic Gunship or AT-ST or even a kind of minifig sized MTT! I'd love to see that.

Yay, finally a pic of the new AT-AT. unfortunately this is probably going on the bottom of my to-get list, it's just so small :sceptic: though I do like the figs :thumbup: .

Oh, My, God.

How many AT-AT's do they freaking want! Just scrap the AT-AT and make a model people actually want to buy! Like modified Republic Gunship or AT-ST or even a kind of minifig sized MTT! I'd love to see that.

You do realize that they made both the AT-ST and republic gunship twice already :sceptic: .

They made the AT-AT twice, but that didn't stop them. :wink:

If this is a good price, I'll get it. IMO £60 is the maximum, but I doubt it will be that cheap. :sceptic:

They made the AT-AT twice, but that didn't stop them. :wink:

If this is a good price, I'll get it. IMO £60 is the maximum, but I doubt it will be that cheap. :sceptic:

As it has 815 parts, il will costs at least 90€.

I let you convert that into £. ;)

I agree with Destorydacre, this new "midi" AT-AT is a huge disappointment. I was really hoping for the UCS Endor AT-AT, but this is just a pile of pieces to sell some figs with. (The Atgar looks pretty cool though, here I come Bricklink!) I'm glad that there were such great sets out last year, and in Jan, because other than Aayla and Cad, this 2nd wave is going to be a bust. I'll probably get the Hoth playset (or Bricklink the Wampa) and the new Slave I, but I was really hoping for Zuckuss as well. If it weren't for Boba's cape, I wouldn't be getting this either.

I'm very disappointed.

I was hoping for a good AT-AT at a bigger size than the motorized one, but it turned out being smaller than the last one. The model itself is pretty good but it should've been bigger, and the legs don't look so good..

The turret isn't good either. Why, TLC, why..? :cry_sad:

It made a downgrade from the motorized one! :sad:

~ General Magma

I have the 2 others AT-ATand I think that this new one isn´s so bad.

the legs are really a disapoitment, we can see that they are really thin (only one technic brick! :cry_sad: )

but it has a lot of mnifigures.

the first ATAT had 3 or 4 stormtroopers , a atat pilot and another pilot luke.(in that time the stormtrooper was a rare m inifigure)

the motorized has at-at driver, Veers, luke (OMG I have more than 6 pilot lukes, not again...)

but this new one, as a TOY FOR KIDS, is really good

different minifigures, a good price (let´s pray), interior whit playability(let´s pray again :sadnew: )

I think I´ll buy it...

Well, he'll have the new face this time, so it isn't so bad. :classic:
Is't it actualy a Bespin Han? I thought he was wearing a new vest.

I looked back at the catalogue picture we saw a few weeks ago. I can't make out the face, but he does have a new torso - an open blue jacket, not the same as Bespin Han. Well, that's something! :classic:

Thanks Anio! Of course, this is still a prototype. Calm down everyone! Luke's face is still yellow!

To be honest, I kind of like it. It's very reminiscent of the old one! The head's at a pretty odd angle in that picture, but at least it has interior! It looks a little bit short, but you can tell it isn't, really.

It is a lot smaller, unfortunately, but on the bright side, it could house a few play features. The one thing that Lego must fix on that thing, is to make the disks above the upper legs printed. They can't be bigger like the other two, but they at least should look good!

Edited by Darth Legolas

Unless we have a set price, I estimate it will only be $70-$90. It's smaller than normal, so should'nt it cost less?

Hmm. Looking at the picture more closely it is around thirty-five to forty bricks high, and the foot is big enough to fit a figure under it. That is just a bit smaller than the Motorised one, but that had to be bigger to fit in the motors I would have thought. :sceptic:

Meh...

Well, at least it's a little improvement from the PF one, since they went back a little to the original design... But it's still far from the greatness of 4483. Boy am I glad I jumped on that one when it came out. It's still on the very top of my favourite-regular-sets-ever list... And considering what's coming, it's likely to stay there.

As for an interior because of the hinges, I wouldn't get my hopes to high. 4483 had those as well but it didn't have much inside. Just two removable sets of seats for the troopers. And this one has a lesser piece count and more thingies on the side...

I'm not sure I like the direction TLC is going, lately. The first wave or remakes did a fantastic job of improving the models (X-Wing, Y-Wing, Slave 1, MTT and so on) and then they've become sort of lazy, doing very little change and reselling the same things over and over again (Snowspeeder?) for a constantly inncreasing price... Hopefully, there are exceptions like the AT ST from the endore set (the AT RT from the CTT seems good, too) but they're becoming rather sparse

ppfffttt... lego really disappointed me on this. P.S. does anyone have pics of cad banes speeder yet?

ppfffttt... lego really disappointed me on this. P.S. does anyone have pics of cad banes speeder yet?

If they did, wouldn't they post/link them here?

Another AT-AT ... :cry_sad:

What makes it worth buying it ? I can hardly see any good reason for :thumbdown: ... If only it had been an UCS :hmpf: .

Is SW universe that poor to get quite the same AT AT every five years ?

This cheap looking set (poor legs, oversized blocky head, probable reissue of ultra common minfigs) is definitely for not very demanding kids.