KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2010 Pictures and Rumors

Thanks for the pics Navy Trooper Fenson :thumbup: . Now my thoughts...

Landspeeder: It looks like a really good small set :thumbup: . The color choices are good and give the set a different color from the common red, white and grey we usually receive nowadays. The minifigs are good but I think they really miss a good opportunity. I know they can´t give us a lot of new molds but here is how a really good set could have been in my opinion: Landspeeder and brick-build ronto, the minifigs we got, two jawas and a tusken or a simple citizen :tongue: .

ARC 170: I like it but it doesn´t help that looks really similar too the older one. The minifigs are good and seem to fit the set well. I also like the fact that the new one has shorter wings and bigger engines like the movie version contrary to the old one with small engines and long wings.

So far it seems like the Landspeeder is a MUST BUY and the ARC-170 is a maybe from me :tongue: .

Unfortunately for me, I think I might just have to get all of them...

I have the old ARC, but would really like to have a new one, as I'm missing pieces (got it from a friend who doesn't care about Lego anymore), I missed the first landspeeder and Tri-fighter (and need every minifig in the landspeeder - I don't have any of them), the TIE looks awesome, and the rest are all just so amazing!

Off topic: I love how C-3P0 is waving at the sand trooper in the Landspeeder pic. :classic:

On topic: Freeco Bike: This looks nice, I'm going to try to get atleast one of these

Droid Tri-fighter: Meh. nothing new except the cockpit.

Tie Defender: EPIC...WIN! This looks amazing. The pilot looks like a new minifigure.

Rebel battle pack: Pretty cool. and whoever said that it would be an icecutter, was right. :wink:

Imperial battle pack: Again average set, but great minifigs! I mean, an AT-AT pilot two snow troopers, and an imperial officer.

Land speeder: I didn't get the first two, so this is good.

Arc 170: I really didn't like the first one, so this one isn't much different.

Yeah, I just realized BOTH battlepacks say 442 pieces---so it's likely that all the piece counts are fake, being promo boxes. Presumably they actually have a lot less, and the TIE Defender has more.

::point:: And the Freeco says 142. 142, 242, 442, and 442. I think they just liked using "42" for the first run of all the new box designs.

Edited by steele

Yeah, I just realized BOTH battlepacks say 442 pieces---so it's likely that all the piece counts are fake, being promo boxes. Presumably they actually have a lot less, and the TIE Defender has more.

I'm going to say that the battle pack counts are fake, but the other sets' counts are not fake, maybe just subject to change being prelims and all...

I've just found pics of some of next year's sets: http://www.imperiumdersteine.de/showpost.p...p;postcount=338

And we finally got a Talz, looks pretty impressing IMO. :thumbup:

I thought I would bump this post so people just seeing this thread won't have to go back. :wink:

As for the sets- :wub:

I'm looking forward to the battlepacks, Freeco, and Landspeeder the most. All are great sets, with great figures. It's great to see more small Star Wars sets than the large ones, I think that they are more fun to collect.

I don't see why everyone hates the Tri-Droid. The design seems pretty movie accurate, and there's nothing that designates it to be CW, so non-CW fans should be happy with the set. The "wing" design is fatter, something that the 2005 original lacked. I have always been kicking myself for not buying that version, but now I'm glad I didn't because this one is much better. My only complaint is the exact same figures as the Hyena droid. :sceptic:

I'm also confused with the size/price of the TIE. It is a good looking set, but I doubt I'll get it, I'm not a TIE fan. The box seems to be the same size as the $20-25 sets, yet it is rumored to cost between $30-50. They are obviously still preliminary, but I would think that Lego would have different sized boxes to avoid price confusion.

Can't wait to get these! :classic:

-darthperson

A TIE Defender...finally...and an image I can believe in.

But I'm not sure if I should be glad or disappointed it's not "LEGO TIE Blue" :laugh:

Meh. Not too impressed with the landspeeder or the ARC-170. Both are way too similar to the ones I already have. :sceptic: In fact, If the ARC-170 comes with the new helmets (which I'm pretty sure it does) Then I might consider it... until then, I don't think so.

I just discovered the pictures here and man, am I impressed! Looks like there are some amazing minifigs in store for us. I doubt I'll get the ARC-170 or the TIE Defender, but everything else looks awfully good. Except for the Tri-Fighter/ Tri-Droid or whatever the heck it's called. :tongue:

I absolutely need that Freeco speeder............

The sets are indeed quite interesting. Though, I find that the choice could have been better. Anyway, I'm glad that we get those. )

Speeder: In my opinion, ladies and gentlemen, it's a fairly nice set. Though the selection of figures is a bit dull and the set is out of scale. I'm quite sure it could have been made smaller. ) Anyway, I find it to be a good set. I may even get one. For my CIS droid army to practice on. ) :devil:

Droid Tri-fighter: Now that's a hard one. On one hand I find this set a slightly revamped version of the old one (which was really good) and the figures could have been better (damn, I have 5-6 Hyenas, why would I need more RBD!?) but on the other hand it's a CIS vehicle! and seems to be fairly priced and with good color scheme. I'll get several of those, but mostly because of my obsession with getting my CIS army bigger, than real need.

Tie-Interceptor: I'm quite cold to this set. I've never been a fan of this particular vehicle and I find the selection of figs strange. I mean, we do need a pilot, of course, but why would theu give us an extra stormtrooper? I think we all have at least a dosen of those, don't we? ) :wink:

Rebel BP: Oh, I just love that one! I consider it to have a perfect selection of figs. 3 troopers and one pilot? Great! BTW, is it me, or the one at the turret is a but different? A commander, perhaps? I really like that vehicle,, though no sign of rebel stickers which to some people may be good, but for me it's a bit disappointing..... ///// Anyway, at least 5 of those beauties will be mine! ) For my Imperial army to practice on. ) :devil:

Imperial BP: Now, that's a hit! I find this set the best one in a row, really. ) :thumbup: The selection of figs is great, especially the officer and driver. What else couyld we have asked for? (Well, perhaps another snowtrooper? :tongue: ) The set is plain, but I sence nice selection of parts and a white baseplate which is always very welcome for me. ) And, of course the speeder is great. I'll be getting those in multiples, for my imperial army. ) A great set, indeed. )

Thank you for your attention, ladies and gentlemen! ) :sweet:

by legoboy12345678 (no rant please) contains slightly better pics of the BPs. The Rebel troops look tan. Also in the Freeco I can clearly see that the Talz has an ant-eater like snout.

EDIT: The Imperial BP looks like it has a scout!!

by legoboy12345678 (no rant please) contains slightly better pics of the BPs. The Rebel troops look tan. Also in the Freeco I can clearly see that the Talz has an ant-eater like snout.

EDIT: The Imperial BP looks like it has a scout!!

Not really... I don't see a difference at all. And not to mention, we already have more than confirmation that the BP has Two Snowies, an Imp Officer, and an AT-AT pilot.

So... no. :tongue:

I don't see why everyone hates the Tri-Droid.

I don't know if everuone hates it as such. I own the original and they are very, very similar with the new one being slightly larger. It doesn't much justify investment on my part, but I'll see when more images are released.

Meh. Not too impressed with the landspeeder or the ARC-170. Both are way too similar to the ones I already have. In fact, If the ARC-170 comes with the new helmets (which I'm pretty sure it does) Then I might consider it... until then, I don't think so.

I understand how you feel. I do like the designs and the minifig selections look good (who is the mystery Jedi?!) but I also own the originals of these too and again they are very, very similar. Yet, in the instance of the ARC-170 it is difficult to see exactly how it's been improved so I may be in for a surprise :wink:

Because the tri is so blockly like a kid made it, like its macano or something.

No, it's not that, not at all. Not to me. Some say it's bigger, some say it's wider. SOme say it's to blocky. You know what it is to me? It's exactly, EXACTLY the same as the other.

Here are the similarities:

Same old giant Buzz Droid

Same Pod

Same Engines

Same Eyes

Same Front

Same all around general design

Differences:

Rocket Droids (I've got more than enough of those stupid things)

Flick Fires (Oh boy!-Not.)

Rockets (Already Modded onto my original)

Slightly More Dorky Color Scheme

So, you see. They really are the same ship. If you put the two next to each other against any non Lego fan, they really wouldn't see the difference. Then again, this is just prototype, but just look at this and that:

droid-tri-fighter.jpg

Note-while browsing brickshelf I noticed our own member (no names) uploaded the gallery of 2010 sets to brickshelf! Good luck keeping that up for a day! :tongue:

I don't think it includes a buzz droid. I don't see one, and it's not in the list of minifigs. It would be neat though if it would; I don't have any yet, and I think they are done well, aside from the oversized-ness. :blush:

I don't think it includes a buzz droid. I don't see one, and it's not in the list of minifigs. It would be neat though if it would; I don't have any yet, and I think they are done well, aside from the oversized-ness. :blush:

I know this may sound angry, but know I am not angry. I find that totally hilarious.

How utterly retarted! :tongue: A Tri-Fighter carries buzz droids! If we don't get a buz droid..well that's just dumb! Even more reason I hate this set!

A Tri-Fighter without a Buzz Droid is literally the same as a Battle Droid without a head. Or closer, a TIE fighter without a pilot. Not saying Buzz Droids pilot the thing, they don't but one has no point without the other.

It's like a swarm of bumblebees with no flowers! What the heck?

EDIT: To say something actually related to this topic, I'll ask a question. Are the new red lasers on each wind flickfire? That might be an improvement, seeing as there is a full opportunity there.

Edited by Darth Legolas

No, it's not that, not at all. Not to me. Some say it's bigger, some say it's wider. SOme say it's to blocky. You know what it is to me? It's exactly, EXACTLY the same as the other.

Here are the similarities:

Same old giant Buzz Droid

Same Pod

Same Engines

Same Eyes

Same Front

Same all around general design

I do not agree with you, and I think this version is slightly better than the older one (we still need to have a better look at it, this one being quite blurry !)

You should have a better look for the around design, it is twice larger than it was before, that is why somepeople would said it is blockier or wider. Indeed, the plates used all around were 2 studs long whereas they are now 4 studs long. it is not a big difference, but I think it still improve this ship.

Moreover, I think they must be some other differences for the engines and the general structure because of the difference of pice number (148 for the older versus 268 for the new one if what is written is true). I do not think adding a couple of droids and some missiles can change so much the number of pieces.

I think I will definetly get multiples of this set if it is not too expensive just to have a nice separatist army to fight the clone one. I am only hoping we will get vulture droids separetly one day (like the 1999 version, but improved !) to have something fighting and the jedi starfighter (if we really get Plo Koon 's one, it will only be the seventh one !), and the different fighters and bombers.

The new ARC-170 seems a lot alike the 2005 version, like the droid tri-fighter, but no one is really complaining about iT; I think the main problem with this set is that everyone (including me) was hoping to get a tri-droid, like it had been rumored for a long time, and we all were really disappointed to see a new edition of a set that was well made only five years ago.

By the way, I do not think we will get a buzz droid in this set as we can not see any on the top of the box where only three rocket droids stand)

The very small blurry pic of the ARC-170 on brickshelf gives us a good idea that it will look similar to the old one. One big bit of news is that there are 2 pilots, Kit Fisto (so I believe) and a complete atsromech.

Yay! More pictures! :thumbup:

Landspeeder:

Great design! I am looking forward to having that black pauldron. But, I am a little upset about there being no Tuskens. :sadnew: It looks much more accurate, and I think they will have the Obi Wan from the Death Star.

ARC-170:

New pilots! :cry_happy: I wonder if they decided to make a new mold so it loked like the ones in the old CW cartoon, or ROTS. I know it might be CW though because of Christophsis being in the background.I agree that it looks sturdy and more accurate than the previous one. :thumbup:

All in all, I am loving the new releases and will buy most of them! :classic:

Edited by Jammiedodger714

Thank you very much for the links to the pics, Navy Trooper Fenson! :classic:

The ARC Fighter looks really ok :thumbup: - but like already mentioned I don't buy PT/CW sets.

The Landspeeder is imo much too big. :sceptic: And the minifigure selection is a huge disappointment: no Tusken Raiders and no Bantha. :thumbdown: Since TLG includes a Sandtrooper they could at least have included a Dewback! :sadnew: Only the black shoulder pattern of the Sandtrooper and the small droid are a very small consolation. :thumbup:

I'll supposably buy the Landspeeder - but only because of the Sandtrooper with the black shoulder pattern and the small droid - otherwise I'd pass it.

Klaus-Dieter

Aaaaahhhhhhhh! No Tuskens!?! :sing: This is horrible! What a let-down. :thumbdown: Excuse me while I go sulk in the corner and hate the world for 5 minutes. :tongue: Seriously though, the sandtroopers had orange pauldrons on, not black ones. There's a new C-3PO, but that's about it. The landspeeder's engines look messed up, and frankly, the only reason I would buy this set is because of all the minifigs. The Arc-170 looks the same as the old one, and I would only buy it if the pilots have new helmets, for a plo koon, and if they fixed a couple problems the original had.