KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2010 Pictures and Rumors

The speeder is the worst of them IMO. The walker is cute. The STAP would be good for army building. I'll get all of the reguardless. Does anyone know what the 30000 set numbers are? Is that transport included in Tantive IV? I love these little things. That does explain the transport in Tantive IV description. Star war has retured. I'm glad TLG is doing OT again. We hardly saw anything last year.

Edited by JCC1004

Wow the instructions really give some insight to the ship. I like how you get two escape pods and the little speeder that looks great in green. There seems to be a lot of repetitiveness in the building though. That doesn't worry me that much but just makes some parts of the building drag out a lot

Thanks for the link! (However it was :wink: )

Edited by Roncanator

Apologies if someone else has posted it somewhere else, but the instructions for the 10198 Tantive IV are now available through Customer Service instructions downloads at Lego Online.

Direct links:

Part I

Part II

Thanks for the links Alldarker. It looks like an enjoybale build and a very strudy ship, the only downside I see is there's not a lot of playability (the escape pod fits in nicely with the ship but isn't an overly exciting play feature), and not much of an interior which is always going to be a compromise between strength, cost and size.

See this...

This is Jessica Alba.

I'm glad you told me who she was. I thought it was Hannah Montana at first glace.

Sounds like a great year.I hope Grievous' Starfighter,Plo Koon's starfighter,Clone turbo tank,and Palpatines shuttle are not Clone Wars.It seens thats all TLC has been making and to me they dont seem like lego(well the figs don't).Next year is the last year or two years,i don't know if 2011 the license ends or thats the last year they are making them but i think they should cool it with the Clone Wars.Hey maybe I'll get my flesh toned Padmé in the last coming years. :laugh:

Sounds like a great year.I hope Grievous' Starfighter,Plo Koon's starfighter,Clone turbo tank,and Palpatines shuttle are not Clone Wars.It seens thats all TLC has been making and to me they dont seem like lego(well the figs don't).Next year is the last year or two years,i don't know if 2011 the license ends or thats the last year they are making them but i think they should cool it with the Clone Wars.Hey maybe I'll get my flesh toned Padmé in the last coming years. :laugh:

Actuall I think the Clone Wars figs are the most LEGO-like of all (?) the Star Wars figs.

Seriously... when you post sentence after sentence without a space between them, it's like you're an 8yr old who is breathlessly telling a story, then passes out at the end.

Remember: Sentence, punctuation, space. Rinse. Repeat. Everyone is happy. :wink:

Boy, that Tantive sure looks like a great ship! :wub: I simply love all the details on it! I even like the little transport, which looks better and more useful than the silly flyers included in the Republic Cruiser and Millenium Falcon IMO. I really hope I'll be able to afford it at some point.

And - what do you know - No stickers! I TOLD YOU SO! :tongue:

Thank you very much for the pics of the promos, whung, the link to the instructions of the Tantive 4, Alldarker, and for the screenshot of the little transport vehicle, Mr. Mandalorian! :classic:

To the promos:

The STAP looks great. :thumbup: But since I don't collect PT sets I won't buy this one.

The Clone Walker looks plausible. :sceptic:

But the Imperial Speeder Bike is really a shame! :thumbdown: Navy Trooper Fenson or rather his friend was very right with how it looks like. It is built totally wrong and even includes a wrong minifigs (Stormtrooper instead of Scouttrooper).

To (the instructions of) the Tantive 4:

Sadly my computer - like always - doesn't manage to download the instructions from Lego. :angry: So I regrettably can't see the instructions.

But the screenshot of the transport vehicle shows that the transport vehicle will look much better than I expected. :thumbup:

Like mentioned earlier, the exterior looks very well design as does - apart from Leia's chair - the office of Leia. :thumbup:

But which I really miss is the hallway! :thumbdown:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Hasn't the news of the Tantive been around for quite some time? and it has stickers, is it some different Tantive?

O_o I'm confused.

Hasn't the news of the Tantive been around for quite some time? and it has stickers, is it some different Tantive?

O_o I'm confused.

There is "only" the one set 10199, Raphy.

And like the ones which can download the instructions of it say it does not include any stickers.

Klaus-Dieter

O_o I'm confused.

The news of the 10198 Tantive IV has indeed been around for some time, but the official instructions on the Lego site are new. They show a lot of details and features which the earlier pictures didn't, such as the transport sled and the fact that the set doesn't have any stickers, but only printed parts. Are you perhaps still thinking of the 10019 UCS RBR?

Edited by Alldarker

I agree with most of you, Tantavine IV looks great! :thumbup: The transport reminds me of the one from the 2006 B-Wing, and alas! NO STICKERS! :cry_happy: Lets hope LEGO are breaking the trend of stickers in every set.

Thanks a lot for those scans!

My 'promo' list:

Four of everything. :tongue:

Many thanks for the links Alldarker!

I've poured over the instructions a few times now; the build looks more exciting than the Republic Cruiser which had a predominantly Technic built super-structure and pretty uninspiring interiors. Despite lacking space to easily MOD a corridor à-la the beginning of A New Hope, the interior provided with the Tantive IV is actually pretty cool.

...the only downside I see is there's not a lot of playability... and not much of an interior which is always going to be a compromise between strength, cost and size.

Being a UCS set at this scale and price, much of the design is given over to aesthetic accuracy and detail rather than playability. The detail in this set is just superb. I didn't buy the original Tantive IV as I prefer sets with minifigs - despite it being an awesome set. Many of the new Star Wars sets have seen a perfect compromise between minifig scale and beautiful detail (how many times can I mention the awesome Y-wing?!) and this set is no exception; it's like a slightly smaller 10019 with minifigs!

No stickers! I TOLD YOU SO!

Ah, to be fair mate a fair few of us picked up on that one... :wink:

I, for one, happen to very much like the speeder. It reminds me of the type of maintainence ground vehicles we've seen in the past in sets like the new A-wing and the old X-wing, which are great for rebel hanger dioramas and such.

Seriously, though, I'm astounded there are no pictures of any 2010 sets out there by now, except for that tiny Atlantis thumbnail...

I love that little speeder two! It actually looks like one of those old rebel green tank thingies that only carried four people at the Battle of hoth. It's only seen for a half a second though. And no one can argue with me about the Battle Of Hoth any longer, it's my specialty! :tongue:

I think someone confirmed they are clone wars, sorry I forgot to whoever it was. :tongue:

Boy, that Tantive sure looks like a great ship! :wub: I simply love all the details on it! I even like the little transport, which looks better and more useful than the silly flyers included in the Republic Cruiser and Millenium Falcon IMO. I really hope I'll be able to afford it at some point.

And - what do you know - No stickers! I TOLD YOU SO! :tongue:

I was on the no-stickers theory bandwagon since the start! :tongue:

-Apologies moderators for the so many quotes! :blush:

uups, I have got bad feeling that somebody remove all the the quest for R2 D2 videos .........(I can´t find any video with that ) :angry:

You're right. Lego or Cartoonnetwork probably got them too,

It seems that the building instructions for the Tantive IV are no longer available any more. Any clues why?

Lego didn't want people seeing it early. Maybe there are 2010 sets on the back cover, not likely though. :tongue:

Lego didn't want people seeing it early. Maybe there are 2010 sets on the back cover, not likely though. :tongue:

Nope there aren't any on it, just checked.

It's strange that Lego keeps doing this over and over again.

These have the same type of numbering as the small SW sets.

gallery_2351_21_79349.jpg

Edited by Bobskink

uups, I have got bad feeling that somebody remove all the the quest for R2 D2 videos .........(I can´t find any video with that ) :angry:

Check out my Quest for R2 D2 thread for the video. :wink:

Btw, I was kidding about the "I told you so" thing. But just for the record, I was still one of the first to say they were no stickers. :tongue:

uups, I have got bad feeling that somebody remove all the the quest for R2 D2 videos .........(I can
Edited by yellost

Check out my Quest for R2 D2 thread for the video. :wink:

Btw, I was kidding about the "I told you so" thing. But just for the record, I was still one of the first to say they were no stickers. :tongue:

Thank´s an hour ago I was looking at your page too but I couldn´t replay it ,now it work even me :thumbup:

Indeed.

Let's slow it down here guys.

Some of you are moving in circles, repeating what's just been said.

We've seen the ripped pics by now, so cool down please :laugh:

"Stay on Target!"

I'm sure I'll get yelled at but I have to ask, is the "Quest for R2" a LEGO cartoon short?

I'm behind on the Clone Wars Cartoon so I haven't been watching it?

Edited by Big Cam