Bonaparte

Major board upgrade

I love it. And look at the bottom of the index! Forum Statistics! :cry_happy:

The search function is still not working with short search terms, Like "MOC", "LDD" etc

Also, when you do search for e.g. MOC, you get back "No results found" which is incorrect and throughs the user off. It should say "Your search term is too short"

Is it a IP.board restriction or something that is specific to EB?

The whole profile/comments/about me stuff is soooo Facebook :tongue:

Perhaps we should rename ourselves to EuroFace or BrickBook? :grin:

do you have a specific message when searching ?

The whole profile/comments/about me stuff is soooo Facebook :tongue:

Perhaps we should rename ourselves to EuroFace or BrickBook? :grin:

This is something we discussed at the event. People are using facebook so much that it became a referece in people's mind :pir-tongue:

I hope these are bugs, clinking the new post link you get sent in emails for 3 threads took me to the first page, the 4th time to the last post.

Then for the Aussie sales thread i got like 10 emails for new posts.

Is there any way to switch off the lo-fi theme when viewing on Ipod touch/Iphone?

I do most of my forum browsing on my touch, and its really frustrating to not be able to access the full site. Had a good look round and can't see any option to switch between the two :(

Thanks for reporting. I'll look into this ASAP. There is a feature that picks that for mobile devices. I tested it on my Android phone and it was no difference, but it seems that iPhones activate it. I'll disable this for the moment.

Is it a IP.board restriction or something that is specific to EB?

It's not an IP board issue to my knowledge; we've been set to 3 characters for years. Checking...

I hope these are bugs, clinking the new post link you get sent in emails for 3 threads took me to the first page, the 4th time to the last post.

I'm not recieving any extra EMails, but I've noted this.

Are you watching that specific topic?

If so, then it's probably your settings that sends you an email with every reply.

Check your profile settings - I think the default for watching a topic is now to recieve emails when there's a reply.

What one?

It is already fixed. :look: Magic! :sweet:

Thanks for all the work!

I just received a PM. If I choose not to read it immediately, will it be lost? The info was a bit confusing , but I don't recall the text. :blush:

The calendar needs an overhaul: If there is more than one event, the calendar just says "two events" and you won't know which ones exactly. Even when you click on the actual date it doesn't show, for example at the bottom, to what events the day refers.

Are the signatures displayed bigger? I ask because of the train-sigfigs a lot of people use. They seem to be bigger than before.

I would like to have the "Add reply"/"preview post"/"Cancel" buttons closer to the box where you are actually posting. Now we have to scroll down quite a bit to get them. The attachments and options fields are to big and can be placed underneath.

All in all I have a feeling that I have to scroll a lot more than before. :sadnew:

Several things I want to point out:

Cons - (1) The box containing the avatar and member info is justified/aligned in the middle. For me, I prefer the previous one wherein the box is justified/aligned in the left, looks much better IMO.

Absolutely seconded!

And for my taste the complete column at the left hand side (containing the avatar and members info) is too wide.

Nevertheless, I still commend all of you guys for a job well done. You all deserve a pat on the back.

Well said! Thank you, all of you! :wub:

I just received a PM. If I choose not to read it immediately, will it be lost? The info was a bit confusing , but I don't recall the text. :blush:

You can choose to read it nor or ignore it for later, it'll still be there.

The calendar needs an overhaul: If there is more than one event, the calendar just says "two events" and you won't know which ones exactly. Even when you click on the actual date it doesn't show, for example at the bottom, to what events the day refers.

*deletes the calendar* FIXED! No, not really. I'm sure something can be done with it eventually.

Are the signatures displayed bigger? I ask because of the train-sigfigs a lot of people use. They seem to be bigger than before.

No, but I'd swear the avatars are. It's some kind of open space optical illusion.

I would like to have the "Add reply"/"preview post"/"Cancel" buttons closer to the box where you are actually posting. Now we have to scroll down quite a bit to get them. The attachments and options fields are to big and can be placed underneath.

That's a possibility we'll look into.

Yeah, Shadows persuaded me on that. I was more learning to giving it a chance, but he made this 234 page post of doom and gloom....

That sounds more like something Dragonator would do :grin:

Another minor issue I've found is when I click the View New Content button from a profile or from my settings, it takes me to the new members tab.

4705497473_456b6239d3.jpg

It's not a major issue, so there are probably bigger issues to get to first. I just wanted to bring it to your attention.

Yeah well im telling you guys i am am getting a new email every single post, i got 4 just from this thread alone since my first post.

What exactly am i supposed to change the email settings to?.

Yeah, I first checked the new boards out on my iPhone and it looks like this:

foto-4.jpg

Now that I see it on my Mac it looks wonderful.

So hopefully you guys are able to upgrade the mobile/iPhone look also

Thanks!

It's certainly something we're looking into, and your pic was just the kind of help we asked for. What did the old site look like on your iPhone?

Thanks!

It's certainly something we're looking into, and your pic was just the kind of help we asked for. What did the old site look like on your iPhone?

It looked just like the old one on a computer. With columns and dividers between the posts etc.

Unfortunately I don't have a screenpic of that...

Another minor issue I've found is when I click the View New Content button from a profile or from my settings, it takes me to the new members tab.

That's a feature, not a fault. An odd feature I know, but a feature it is.

Yeah well im telling you guys i am am getting a new email every single post, i got 4 just from this thread alone since my first post.

What exactly am i supposed to change the email settings to?.

Cancel your subscriptions:

Profile->Forums->View/Posting/Manage Watched Forums

...and..

Profile->Forums->View/Posting/Manage Watched Topics

Also check

Profile->Forums->View/Posting/View/Posting/Email Prefs/Email Prefs and check that EMails are off.

Actually this is the upgrade! Another silly feature I know; this one I might kill. I made some changes earlier; does it still show the same on your iPhone?

Ok, I might just chime in with a thing I noticed on my profile:

It seems like the information I had entered into my profile (avatar pic and signature) got lost in the update. I'm not sure if others experienced the same as I see everyone still having their avatars and signatures.

It's not hard to add them again but I just wanted to say it in case some data might not have been retained during the update...

Besides this, I for one like the new design, it looks more polished and cleaner. And it works better on Opera Mini and Mobile on my phone than the old one did (the old one always truncated posts whereas, making it unusable from my mobile).

I had noticed before that a lot of my pm's have red x's next to them, and it wont let me reply?

Also shadows, you've persuaded me on a few reservations I had had.

I must say I love the new formatting when viewing on my android phone.

Keep up the good work.

Also any word on special code being enabled in signatures?

The Technic post font is now considerably darker. It didn't seem that light to me, but this will certainly please everyone.

It looks the same to me as it was yesterday. I don't think your change went through.

Edited by CP5670

So much has changed! I prefered the older and simpler version...

I don't like how the topics are set out with the pinned topics, as before they were seperated and easy to tell apart. :sadnew:

Ah well, I'll get used to it eventually I suppose. :tongue:

One suggestion, if I may - clicking an external link from a thread makes that new page open in the same window. Most forums make that new page open in a new tab or window, to keep you from accidentally navigating away from the thread you're reading. Something to consider, anyway!

This will take some getting used to, but it certainly looks good!

What are the major advantagees over the old version?

I also noticed some of the hyperlinks in signatures and posts are showing their HTML codes.

Keep up the great work guys! :thumbup:

I like the clean and fresh look of the board, nice! :thumbup:

The only thing I noticed is if you compare the Pirate section with another for instance Scifi. That the Pirate section is somewhat blown up proportion wise.

Yeah, I first checked the new boards out on my iPhone and it looks like this:

foto-4.jpg

Looks the same on my Touch. The new forums look great on my PC :)

The old ones looked exactly the same on my Ipod as they did on the PC, would be nice to have the option to turn off the lo-fi mobile version when viewing the new forum on my ipod.

What are the major advantagees over the old version?

The support for the older version was stopped, so a switch was necessary in order to get all the last updates and features.

Mkay.

The SW 2010 Rumours topic disapeared straight after I left it. *huh* Is it me, the new server, or did a Mod remove it?