How would you rate this set?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion!

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

Gah! This set or the new Kingdoms Castle!

Great review, and a lovely set this. The space bikes look awesome. Anyone else planning on using the ray gun from the Minifigures Series 1 Spaceman for the Space Police?

GReat Review, this one is a must for all us space fans. This will be the first space base and i cant wait to get one :tongue:

HereĀ“s some more pictures to drool over

:tongue::

gallery_148_94_93860.jpg

Ready to roll out fly away on patrol. Looks like the 5th Element patrol bikes :classic: .

gallery_148_94_234.jpg

Because of the sergeants Epaulette, he gets a bit taller than the grunt :grin:!

gallery_148_94_25155.jpg

The small service robot.

gallery_148_94_107198.jpg

Craniacs speeder with Technic Competition Cannon and arrow.

gallery_148_94_19926.jpg

Prison transport with confinement tube for keeping an Alien atmosphere.

Ah, so there are two of the axe-guns, great. Craniac looks nice, I didn't expect a black head underneath.

Unfortunately, if I do get this, it'll set me back $130 or so.

The baddies really are the draw of the whole series... For better or worse. So far, I only have one little Space Police set. And I'll probably get one to two mid to large size ones, but it will depend on the minifigs.

I really like the two in this set, but I know one comes in a smaller set, and I hope the other will too.

Fantastic. Possibly the best set of 2010. If it wasn't so expensive, I'd be getting this.

Fantastic. Possibly the best set of 2010. If it wasn't so expensive, I'd be getting this.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...looks to be a great, fun set for my kid (and me to play with...;).....but I'm hoping it's around $60bucks U.S. since I quickly counted it to be around 660+ pieces, which I fear will bring it to the $80 dollar range or higher seeing how Lego is pricing lately... :hmpf_bad:

This is the best scifi base in 10 years. I love it, I may not be able to buy it. But I give it 5 Stars!!! :thumbup:

INSECTOIDS!!1!one! :skull:

Well, I'll say, I'm surprised at how much I love Craniac. I told myself that nothing could take the place of the original insectoids--especially not a red one--but he's pretty awesome. Look at his beautiful head.... Trench anyone? I love the figs in this set! From the epolletted SP commander to the prison cloths wearing Jawson! :wub: And the set's not bad its' self. This is indeed a fantastic base for SP, and although the prospects may seem grim, I do hope that the theme continues!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Very cool set. I have to agree, for all the pain sticker sheets are, this one actually looks very cool. Awesome mini-figs too. Cheers, CopMike!

~Peace

The review was fantastic CopMike! I really like all of those new figures and that vehicle included in the set.

Awesome Review! Craniac is awesome and I actually had a thought that the room with the 2 blue doors on the side was a Break room, and I was right. :laugh:

Can't wait to get this.

any chance you could take any pictures of the 'sniffer' frog?

It's a regular green frog. You can see it in the parts pictures.

Great review, CM - interesting picture selection, love it. The SP Central is possibly one of the strongest sets this year. I very much like the approach of having something between space and city. A scifi city or a more cityish space, however, it is nice. The truck is lovely, you just look at it and hear the heavy motor roaring. Office, garage door, paradisa windows and overall look - pretty. Wonder if I will get it. But I guess I should.... If there is ONE SP3 set to get, it is this one. If there is ONE space set to get since the amazing Ice Planet 1993, it could be this.

Edited by Zzz

The laser guns/torches look like a new piece in the latest space police sets, but I haven't actually read anybody talk about them. Bricklink inventory still lists them as the old version, but in the picks they definitely look shorter. Am I missing something?

Thank you for the review, finally we got to see a bit more of the Space Police Central. :thumbup:

Now with the Headquarters released, SP III is the only SP series which includes both a big mothership and a large headquarters base.

This base is much more in touch with the 80's and 90's Space bases rather than the bizarre Life on Mars and Mars Mission bases. However I still feel that it is lacking a bit in size and innovation. I wish it would be closer in size and piece count to the 7744 - City Police Headquarters. As it is, it feels a bit small, just a garage and a control tower on top. With this futuristic theme I was expecting something more impressive in terms of design, something like a 6987 - Message Intercept Base.

:thumbup: the scooters look very cute

:thumbdown: the police car doesn't fit in the garage, ugh!! :angry:

But all in all, a nice addition to the SP III series

This base is much more in touch with the 80's and 90's Space bases rather than the bizarre Life on Mars and Mars Mission bases. However I still feel that it is lacking a bit in size and innovation. I wish it would be closer in size and piece count to the 7744 - City Police Headquarters. As it is, it feels a bit small, just a garage and a control tower on top. With this futuristic theme I was expecting something more impressive in terms of design, something like a 6987 - Message Intercept Base.

Message Intercept Base is a ripper! I like the look of Space Police Central, and am glad Space Police finally get a decent sized base but it still looks too "Town Police" to me, not "space base" enough. Change the minifigs over and lose the mini flyers and you wouldn't know it was from the Space theme.

Look forward to Craniac, he looks the coolest alien so far. I'm a fan of the nameless+faceless space figures, but these aliens are too cool to pass up. The 2nd round of them are even better than the 1st.

like the look of Space Police Central, and am glad Space Police finally get a decent sized base but it still looks too "Town Police" to me, not "space base" enough. Change the minifigs over and lose the mini flyers and you wouldn't know it was from the Space theme.

Yes Artanis I, that's exactly how I feel too. The Space Bases of the 80's and 90's looked more futuristic even though made by older pieces. I think that the 'excuse' for the Space Police Central is that it probably belongs to a future city (on earth or more likely on another planet), whereas the old bases where mostly settlements on desolate alien environments, but still, I was expecting something more waky design-wise. :sceptic:

So they have finaly bring back airtanks, nice :classic: . I cant imagine SPACE police without airtanks(well i can, they had open helmet, so they didnt needed airtanks), just like in old days. i like the prison pod vehicle and those sliding doors. But why in the nine hells they always make only HALF dome and not full?

its just ridiculous(at least to me)- though its useful from playability point of view. i'd say 8/10(that half dome and lack of minifigs)

Yes Artanis I, that's exactly how I feel too. The Space Bases of the 80's and 90's looked more futuristic even though made by older pieces. I think that the 'excuse' for the Space Police Central is that it probably belongs to a future city (on earth or more likely on another planet), whereas the old bases where mostly settlements on desolate alien environments, but still, I was expecting something more waky design-wise. :sceptic:
So they have finaly bring back airtanks, nice :classic: . I cant imagine SPACE police without airtanks(well i can, they had open helmet, so they didnt needed airtanks), just like in old days.

I think Lego has been making Star Wars sets for too long, (where every planet and moon has breathable atmosphere) and they forgot that SPACE LEGO IS IN SPACE, NO AIR: VACCUUM!!! Airtanks and full helmets are a necessity when not in a sealed base or ship! Come on, guys. Get with the programme, haha.