EbonHawk

What was the last movie you watched?

I've been watching a bunch of the Lupin the Third movies, and I've got through Farewell to Nostradamus, Orders to Assassinate Lupin, and Island of Assassins/Walther P-38.

Out of the three, Island of Assassins was probably the best, but the other two were a lot of fun as well. Farewell to Nostradamus had quite a few fun action scenes, and Orders to Assassinate Lupin was pretty intense at times. Perhaps not as intense as Island of Assassins, but it was still a fun romp.

Ender's Game with the family. Better than expected.

I thought it was good. Despite the young cast it was a more mature movie, not too Hunger Gamey or teeny.

Looper: hated it and didn't even finish watching (which is something I very rarely do). This director will direct 1 or 2 installments of my favorite franchise? O darn.....

The Star Wars Original Trilogy. Usually do this every year around the time of May the Fourth, so I guess it has become an annual routine of mine!

Watching these masterpieces never get old! Gonna watch all six Star Wars films leading up to The Force Awakens midnight screening release. Pumped for it, I am!

..and another for 'Age of Ultron' - took my daughter who's a bigger fan of the MCU than me - we both left the cinema feeling dissapointed. She said 'meh', I agreed.

Saw Immortals on Television last night. I figured it was something to have on whilst sorting through my bricks. Just your standard, gorey action flick. The effects towards the end were pretty laughable, though. I thought it was better than I expected, but it had nothing really worth rewatching.

I just saw Mad Max: Fury Road. It was fantastic! I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I'd go as far to say it's one one of the best action movies of the past five years, if not the best. Now, if you watched one of the trailers and thought something along the lines of: "this is ridiculous and stupid," then the film is not for you.

Go see it. If you have any vague interest in it, I wholeheartedly recommend it. Great characters, practical effects (over 80% of the film was practical), captivating world, stunning cinematography, top-notch art/set/vehicle design, a real spectacle for the theater. :classic:

I just saw Mad Max: Fury Road. It was fantastic! I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I'd go as far to say it's one one of the best action movies of the past five years, if not the best. Now, if you watched one of the trailers and thought something along the lines of: "this is ridiculous and stupid," then the film is not for you.

Go see it. If you have any vague interest in it, I wholeheartedly recommend it. Great characters, practical effects (over 80% of the film was practical), captivating world, stunning cinematography, top-notch art/set/vehicle design, a real spectacle for the theater. :classic:

I take it it's a reboot of Mad Max 2? It doesn't look anything like the first movie.

I, too, watched Mad Max: Fury Road and I completely agree - it's easily the best Action Movie of the last 5 years, hell probably the best Action Movie of the 21th century so far.

And no, it isn't a reboot of Mad Max 2, it isn't a reboot at all, like the other Mad Max movies it's just another chapter in Max Life.

Just got out from Mad Max......all I can say is "WOW"

George Miller just created a masterpiece of an action movie. It will probably be a long time before anything comes close.

I, too, watched Mad Max: Fury Road and I completely agree - it's easily the best Action Movie of the last 5 years, hell probably the best Action Movie of the 21th century so far.

And no, it isn't a reboot of Mad Max 2, it isn't a reboot at all, like the other Mad Max movies it's just another chapter in Max Life.

Good to hear

To the contrary of these past comments, I walked out of Mad Max feeling disappointed. To be fair, montyofmusic, I did think it looked little ridiculous in the trailers. However, when I saw the Rotten Tomatoes rating of a stellar 98%, I knew I had to see the movie! I did think that some of it was creative, considering some of the very cool clans. However, the color mix was either very Yellow or very Blue and I got sick of that very quickly. Also, the action scenes were very draining and dissolving of the movie's run time, leaving little to no story left, just the very fragile structure, which is a big NO NO. to be fair, It was intriguing, but DEFINITELY not a 98%

just my 2 cents

Looper: hated it and didn't even finish watching (which is something I very rarely do). This director will direct 1 or 2 installments of my favorite franchise? O darn.....

Any particular reason you hated it? I thought it was one of the more well-made sci fi films of the past decade.

The first time I watched Looper, I didn't particularly like it, even thought it got good reviews.

Then I saw it again, and really changed my mind. The 2nd time I caught more details, and really appreciated it more.

Edited by Corweena

Mad Max: Fury Road, one the best action movies I've seen in a while, to think that pretty much every single one of those crashes were real is just insane :thumbup:

Good ol' Mad Max: Fury Road. The mastermind behind those cars deserves an Emmy, those were amazing. It was pedal to the metal, beginning to end. Great flick.

Edited by Legocrazy81

Pitch Perfect on DVD. I watch it mostly to see what the deal was, I do not think I was the target for this film. Then, Hot Tub Time Machine 2 on DVD. I feel this was an unnecessary sequel. And kind of lame, I mean John Cusack had enough sense to stay out of this film.

I went and watched the new Mad Max, and was reminded why I prefer to watch movies with the subtitles. I can never understand what anyone is saying with all of the noise going on.

Great movie, but Max was a passenger character for the majority of the movie, and the coolest thing he did was off camera. Tom Hardy's performance wasn't good, and they should've used someone with an Australian accent to match the rest of the characters. Hugh Jackman too old? (Too busy/expensive?) Max was throwaway, the movie would've been better without him as such a low-presence but high-profile character. But then no one would've watched it in the first place...

Oh, and for the people to whom this matters, there is pretty much no plot. But stacks of action & excitement and creative elements.

Mad Max: Fury Road. Everyone else has said, and I'll repeat it, it was amazing. I stepped out of the theatre and I wanted to see it again. I really can't complain about a whole lot, it was just a fun, fast, and heart pounding action movie with a surprising amount of intelligence. It'll probably be one of my, if not my all around favourite movie of 2015.

Pitch Perfect 2. Good, but not as great as the first. Lost a bit of the charm.