Dr Kilroy

What's your oldest set?

So, like in topic. :) My oldest set is 6694 Car with Camper from 1984 (that's really old for me ;P):

6694-1.jpg

When I bought 6399 Airport Shuttle, this guy sent me 6694 for free. :tongue:

Regards, Dr

Edited by Dr Kilroy

My Oldest set is 671 Shell tanker whci hwas built up until last march

here is a pic of it

671-1.1105127510.thumb2.jpg

My oldest two sets (both from 1971) are 605 and 644

0605-1.jpg0644-2.jpg

Bought these a while ago with some other sets.

the Inventor

My oldest set is 165 Cargo Station from 1978 which certainly isn't my first cos it only arrived in the post today!

165-1.1105127483.jpg

I love seeing the old 'illegal' building methods, like inserting a plate perpendicularly between 2 studs! Can you say Brick Stress?

Cheers,

Laurie

I have these two from 1981, which I got on ebay 6 or 7 years ago.

6927-1.jpg

8859-1.jpg

I love seeing the old 'illegal' building methods, like inserting a plate perpendicularly between 2 studs! Can you say Brick Stress?

This was indeed done in a few sets over the years, but I don't see it in that picture. Unless you mean the minifig who looks like he's about to do it. :tongue:

Technically these are sets as they were sold as just the car with the garage and just the truck in a little box.

1961 for the White Karmann Ghia, and 1963 for the Black Type 1. :thumbup:

P1050902.jpg

the Mercedes Esso Tanker is from 1964.

P1050900.jpg

My oldest set is the 7710 Push Train. I think it was released in 1980. I bought on sale back in 1983. Still using the box for holding Lego instruction booklets. :classic:

4227629886_81d0d8ba7e_o.jpg

The oldest set I have would be the #196 Building Set with People from 1975 that I found at a rummage sale a few years ago.

196.jpg

If we count the train rails as sets, then my oldest ones are almost all the sets that had to do with 12V rails and were realeased in 1980.

Check here if you're not bored,

The oldest "proper" set (1981) that I have in my collection is this:

6629-1.jpg

Firehouse I (6385) from 1985 which I bought off Bricklink the other day, which coincidentally is also the first set I had as a child!

Double win!!

for me, it's the magnificient 375:

003.JPG

box and notice are in perfect state, only one shield is broken.

Mines the 8860 auto chassis from 1980. Bought as part of a 5 set job lot (along with the 8851, 8865, 8862 and 8049) which I found in the bargain pages. Really was a bargain to :cry_happy: .

I have just realised that the shell tanker is not my oldest set as I have a lego brick which does not have anything on the bottom so it is hollow, any ideas from when this is from

8865 Test Car

8865-1.jpg

From 1988, the year I was born. Given to me by my Uncle who as far as I can tell had loads of 70s and early 80s system that he sold for a mountain bike and extra money. He kept the technic and a few years ago gave it to me. The crime is I have nowhere to display so it is sat in a draw that my youger siblings cannot access. I may have older sets than that in that draw but it's too cold to go and look.

I may have older sets than that in that draw but it's too cold to go and look.

:oh3:

"Will of steel" or "It's never too cold to go and look for older LEGO sets".

Couldn't decide which comment to post. :grin:

Btw, the second one is a LEGO fact, just like a Chuck Norris fact. :wink:

That's mine...

Well i'm missing some parts and the base plates... Don't know where they go :sceptic:

84270507.jpg

I tried to rebiuld it but with missing parts it's hard !!

Sadly I cannot remember, but I know it was 8x8 green thick plate, with 4x8 thick plate for car chassis, and some very unusual mini fig-just big smiled head with some red torso, without arms or legs.

:oh3:

"Will of steel" or "It's never too cold to go and look for older LEGO sets".

Couldn't decide which comment to post. :grin:

Btw, the second one is a LEGO fact, just like a Chuck Norris fact. :wink:

The loft is the same as being outside and there is 6 inches of snow on the ground... I would love to go up but all the heat in the house would be sucked through and out of the roof. (Husa for poor insulation!). I have at least five technic sets from the 80s in the drawer. The car just stuck in my mind because it is the coolest in my mind.

My oldest set is the 410 Payloader from 1973.

410-1.1105158266.jpg

I found it at a thrift store for 25 cents about half a year ago. It had all the parts (and even a few extras), the instructions and the ad (all in excellent condition).

my oldest happens to also be the first Lego set i ever received. it had been my cousins, but he never opened this one (apparently he lost it on Christmas morning 1982 and when he found it when i was 5, he was 16 and hadn't cared about Lego for a while). i opened it, put it together, and an obsession was born. like 99% of every set i've owned, i still have it somewhere in storage. this set was an integral part of every major city, town, farm, train, whatever i made when i was a kid. hell, i even remember bein in Kindergarten and being so excited to get home to play with it and the fire station i had from that same year.

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=6681-1

6681-1.jpg

and the fire house, also from 81.

6382-1.jpg

Edited for spelling errors, as always. derp.

Edited by RXBandit

In my case it's either 617 - Cowboys:

617-1.1195613660.jpg

or 485 - Fire Truck:

485-1.1193096058.jpg

Lugnet and Peeron say they're both from 1976, but according to Brickset the truck is from 1975. I bought them both some time in the 2000's so they're not my first sets. :classic: I even have the boxes for both of them, although they're in pretty bad shape (the pics above are taken from Peeron so they're not mine). But both sets were 100% complete. I have separated the yellow ladder into 3 pieces and I think I'll use each of them separately in a MOC some time (of course I can put it back together whenever I want)...

Not a set I got myself, or one I even remember, but from showing my brother the list of sets on brickset last year, he thinks this is the oldest one in the large crate:

6623-1.jpg

So the oldest set I *technically* have is from 1983, the Police Car, but the oldest set I remember getting/being assembled is:

6509-1.jpg

The Red Devil Racer from 1991, released when I was only 2. The joy of having two older brothers still into Lego when I was young.