DLuders

What Lego Technic Gift Did YOU Get for the Holidays?

Now that "The Holidays" are here, what Lego Technic set did you or your family get as a gift? Also, which set or sets did you NOT get but that you WANTED to get? :cry_happy: Maybe you gathered the parts for a classic Technic set no longer sold in stores....

As a gift to my teenage son, I got him the 8263 Snow Groomer and the BIG 8258 Crane Truck. Those will keep him busy for a while! :classic:

(P.S. I wanted to give him the parts for the FANTASTIC Lego Technic Custom Lamborghini Gallardo kit by Crowkillers & Blakbird, but the Post Office didn't deliver some of my Bricklink orders. I'll have to save that kit for another occasion.)

Edited by dluders

wow your son is so lucky!!

i wish that someone would gift atleast something...

not speaking about the 8258!!

ive got no lego stores in my country and all the parts i order from bricklink

so no chance to see a big shining box here :cry_sad:

dad got 1 lego minifig key torch , pirate money box ,lego brick clock radio ,lego money box , custom minifig hitler t shirt - v.cool , brickbeards bounty set , build a buzz toystory set , lego star wars t shirt and some socks

mum got lego minifig key torch

daughter got , large minifig torch , small minifig torch , 12 daily mirror promo sets , woodys round up set

the boy got , large minifig torch , small minifig torch , 12 daily mirror promo sets , buzz and zorg space ship set

we got lotta lego in da house

Because I'm going to college next fall, my parents don't think I need any more LEGO and I should grow up :hmpf_bad: And the worst part is: because I'm going to college next fall, I have no money to spend on LEGO. I guess I'll have to wait to get more LEGO for about 4 years :cry_sad:

As a gift to my teenage son, I got him the 8263 Snow Groomer and the BIG 8258 Crane Truck. Those will keep him busy for a while! :classic:

Very cool! The Snow Groomer is the sole techinc set i recieved for Chistmass this. I wanted 8258 crane truck as well, but it was either that, or the snow groomer along with a few other gifts, so i choose to recieve a few other gifts. One being the creator Highway Transport truck. Still waiting to put that one together!

The snow groomer is actually better than i expected. Great overall design with creative functions. :thumbup: Looks just like the real thing!

dad got 1 lego minifig key torch , pirate money box ,lego brick clock radio ,lego money box , custom minifig hitler t shirt - v.cool , brickbeards bounty set , build a buzz toystory set , lego star wars t shirt and some socks

mum got lego minifig key torch

daughter got , large minifig torch , small minifig torch , 12 daily mirror promo sets , woodys round up set

the boy got , large minifig torch , small minifig torch , 12 daily mirror promo sets , buzz and zorg space ship set

we got lotta lego in da house

Congrats on all the Lego gifts, but i must ask why you would want a Hitler minifig shirt?

Sadly(joke) I got none because I went for other kits

Endor Base

New Pirate Ship

Midi Millienium Falcom

ATAT (walking one)

Medieval Village

Power Miner Mec

Pirate and City Calendar

Small indy set

I cant complain, there are thousands of bit in the sets!

I managed to score the #8258 Crane Truck, #8263 Snow Groomer, and #8265 Front-End Loader. That's all for Technic stuff, but also got a lot of other system sets both new...and classic. :classic:

-Dave

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

My daughter received a 8262 Quad-Bike. My son got Power Function motors, IR receiver, transceiver and battery box. My kids gave me the 8261 Rally Truck.

For Christmas I received only the 8265 Front Loader.

:blush: I got a second one of those after Christmas. There were no good sales before Christmas, but I got that at 33% off. :sweet:

I'm feeling quite bad for spending so much money in just one month...

But since 18. of Dec i bought all 1H2010 Sets :cry_sad: So the "fun" for me is over.

BUT ... now i can look forward to 2H2010, so i got a reason to be happy again :grin:

(My girlfriend is really appreciative ... but she would NEVER make Lego a christmas or birthday gift to me :hmpf: )

I got

8063 Tractor with Trailer

8263 Snow Groomer

8265 Front loader (built this one I really like it)

and 3 cherry pickers

I got the 8258 crane truck and had it built in time for christmas dinner! It's awesome easily the best set of 2009. It's got sooooo many gears and drivetrains and such. Now I wish to mod it.

1) remove linear actuators and replace with pneumatics

2) use the two now unused gearbox outputs to drive a compressor and drive train to the rear wheels

3) replace manual stablelizer sections with pneumatics

4) add a third gear selector in crane body to drive the winch and power the telescopic boom

This should be fun!

I bought myself, the 8295 Telehandler, 8265 frontloader, and the Crane truck 8258. I plan to modify all with power functions so they are controlled completely by remote control

Edited by Fyredog

I bought myself the 8258 Crane Truck. Very impressive Technic functions (again!)

A really nice addition to my collection...

i got the crane truck for xmas

and the loader for my annivesary which is today from the lady friend so lots of lego building for me in the coming months in the lead up to the new models coming out

Well, last Christmas I didn't get anything of any kind after the worst year ever. However I got a lot of good stuff this year except no LEGO!! It is hard to buy LEGO for me since I already have most of what I want and what I don't have requires special expertise to acquire. For me, a good Christmas gift is being given the TIME to work on LEGO as much as I would like.