AllanSmith

2010 Train Sets

They look like very nice sets, although, I would have prefered other cargo cars, loc looks great!

Passanger train is also a great improvement !

Station is OK, crossing is a nice little set, but nothing special.

I told you it would be only a few days before pictures showed up. :tongue: Im not too sure about these just yet, they look great (mainly the trains) but i'm still not sold, after i see a review, then i will think about it. I just dont know about the windows on the passenger train...

2. The cargo loading station seems to me like it is very wide so that two trains can drive down through it. If there is only one train (namely the cargo train) this would for a kid make no sense.

That would make perfect sense: it's wide enough for a train and a truck, so the crane can lift a container from one to the other...

Just to remove any doubt, here's a proper picture:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/45850206@N06/...57622932020553/

So the red train is not a monorail and is not elevated.

Wonder why it says 'New flexible track' on the box as it looks like just an oval...

Edited by Duq

sorry for foto

i am new her and i dont know the rules about imgs

so i have remove the foto and post the link.

It's OK. :sweet:

Those pics are great! A new rail-road vehicle at last! Shame I was wrong about the El-train. :cry_sad:

These sets should be a good way for me to get the new batteries. I wonder how they will be sold; that is they will need to be renationalised to a degree due to the power adaptor. It's been a while since TLG did that.

Wonder why it says 'New flexible track' on the box as it looks like just an oval...

I think it'll be using the flex track for the straight part.

Notice the fence on the walkway? I think is't what can be seen in the lower right corner in the video.

I'm definitely getting the level crossing.

Not sure about the station. It's nice and I like the inclusion of a taxi, but I already have the 7997 station and the platform from my 2007 passenger train.

This also has my interest, but I do wonder why it's nowhere to be found in that catalogue. Is this an internet exclusive or something?

Oh, wait. August? Aw man...

Edited by Rapseflaps

Wow, I think I will be buying me second train next year after the 7710 :cry_happy:

The pictures look to be a stock oval - the cargo train also shows the same oval, but includes flex track and switches. They probably just haven't put the "right" track pictures on yet.

Seeing the yellow freight locomotive was somewhat a disappointment.

I was hoping for some new train windows 2 x 6 x 2 in yellow, but this looks exactly like the familiar cab window:

Visit Bricklink

And the crane looks identical with the former cargo crane 4514:

Visit Bricklink

I know it's a EU catalog, but I was wondering what the release time was for the US compared to over there? The dates on there say August, but since I'm sorta new to all this, are the release worldwide all at the same time? IE: If something was June in US, would it be Aug EU and Sept AUS?

A great thanks for the links Rick and brickjohannes! :sweet:

The train sets look great in my opinion, taking into consideration that it's the first wave and hoping for more to come in the future. It's a good sign that TLG didn't only make two train sets and that's it. The new level crossing looks simple and plain,yes, but it's good that there IS actually a new level crossing.

The train station is small but I think that TLG will surely release a bigger one (CC style maybe?) in the near future. The station being small is my small sign of expectation of a bigger one. After all, the Emerald Night is also present.

I like both trains. The passenger train has this "old-new" feeling and doesn't look <insert that tiresome argument>. :thumbup: My only complaint? Passengers. Only two again? And one crew member?

Too bad... :sadnew:

The cargo train is my favorite. Nice looking engine, 3 train wagons, a cargo truck with a trailer (at last!), a gantry crane :thumbup: , containers and two smarties! :wub:

The colours do blend well, especially the yellow with the green. A realistic result imo.

A good start I think!

Let's just hope that prices will be reasonable.

So, my overall opinion is that perhaps this is a new beggining in the train set series. I hope that the future will bring variety, both in trains as well as in sets that are train related.

Given the right and useful feedback, TLG can make us all happy in the future. :classic:

Good job TLG! :thumbup:

Now that we have concrete proof of these sets' existence, all of my skepticism as to this fact has vanished.

All and all, these look great! The freight set really stands out in my mind though.

A big yellow European diesel, at least three frieght cars, an overhead crane, AND a truck?

Um... Yes please.

So, judging by the pictures, the power functions components will be included with each set?

I was wondering that as well.

Edited by -The Hyphen-

The Grand Carousel #10196 has similar artwork on the box, with a big + sign and the list of all the PF components included. I was hoping this will be the case for the train sets too.

If you look at this picture, you can see that the hands printed on the box are holding one of these.

In case you can't see the hands, they are holding this, a Power Functions IR speed regulator:

8879-1.jpg

Sorry for the resolution of the image, it's from Brickset. :wink:

Considering the prices posted earlier in this thread (at least I think it was this one) - 150 and 200 euros - you can be sure that it includes PF. Plus: they're pictured on the front of the box!

Not to shabby from the looks of the pics, I really like the cargo Loco not so sure about the passanger train but it might grow on me.

I don't like the station it reminds me of Maze Hill in London ie dull not discript surburban comuter station that you just want to passs though quickly to get home.

Thanks for the pictures. They look very interesting, but I'm waiting for better pics and, when the sets are available, for some reviews. Let's see how pricey they are. With the PF stuff included, they could cost quite a bit.

The train station very much reminds me of Railway Station 7822 of the 12V era. Nothing unique was developed here. And the level crossing looks pretty simple. As for the trains, I don't want to say anything yet, but, as I've stated, I'm waiting for better pics. The new stuff doesn't look bad, but I think it's not going to make me buy anything. I'm too much of a 9V fan.

Let's see how pricey they are. With the PF stuff included, they could cost quite a bit.

Which is my problem with the whole theme, it now costs an insane amount. However I like the simple crossing, it means it will be cheap and there hasn't been a cheap one in many years.