I think it has just two floors - ground which we have all seen and the next one up or it does have three but each upper floor has a cut away for the chandelier to be seen as if you were looking straight up when you walk in the door.

It looks even greater now, having seeing the HQ pictures! :sweet:

Cafe Corner: Fruit in bin

Green Grocer: American style Fire hydrant to the right

Fire Station: Woman with purse

Grand Emporium: Postbox to right

Post Office: ?

A small ramp at the entrance for wheelchairs. :wink::wub:

As always, these continue to exceed my expectations. I can't wait to get my hand on this one. If they keep this up, I'm going to have a pretty impressive spread of modular buildings in my city display.

Now I've seen some proper HQ pics I must say TLC's "Modular department" has done a wonderful job this time, especially with the exterior look, full of great details, city elements, interesting pieces, and a particularly generous amount of MFs and MF parts :thumbup: It's also looks really versatile (who hasn't thought yet at uniting two of them in a mega-emporium? :tongue:), a great addition to the modular family and of course to any Lego city :wink:

For me this will probably be the same case as with fire brigade. Didnt impress me that much at first ( judging from the pics obviously) but when i actually bought it, i was totally enjoying the build itself, not to mention how beautiful it looks on display.

So im guessing the same thing will happen with grand emporium, i cannot wait to buy it !! :classic:

Are those grey half-arch bricks halfway up (top of floor 1) on the the top edge on the exterior new? :thumbup:

Edited by Steel Dragon

Yes, they're also appearing in this year's Prince of Persia sets. But there sure is a generous amount of them in this set (especially in gray).

Now I've seen some proper HQ pics I must say TLC's "Modular department" has done a wonderful job this time, especially with the exterior look, full of great details, city elements, interesting pieces, and a particularly generous amount of MFs and MF parts :thumbup: It's also looks really versatile (who hasn't thought yet at uniting two of them in a mega-emporium? :tongue:), a great addition to the modular family and of course to any Lego city :wink:

Two? I'm thinking three! (Of course, not at the same time, a $450 USD bill for plastic is heart-attack inducing, although that's still ~6500 pieces of fun and enjoyment!)

And (a single set) is going to be big... probably the biggest-looking of them all because it looks like a solid 25x25 building with a flat top.

As for the post-office/prediction thing, I'll leave that till fall/winter this year. Right now, it's all Grand Emporium time for me :cry_happy:

Two? I'm thinking three! (Of course, not at the same time, a $450 USD bill for plastic is heart-attack inducing, although that's still ~6500 pieces of fun and enjoyment!)

And (a single set) is going to be big... probably the biggest-looking of them all because it looks like a solid 25x25 building with a flat top.

As for the post-office/prediction thing, I'll leave that till fall/winter this year. Right now, it's all Grand Emporium time for me :cry_happy:

Like i said, this is a real stacker! I can see the pics already in the instructions with

5 levels or so, and two of these fixed together.........

Looks really great. :thumbup:

I find it strange though that they chose to use a tan baseplate, yet there is a green plate beneath mailbox, surrounded by gray (or bley) sidewalk. So...they grew grass on sand just for the mailbox, then built the sidewalk around it? :tongue:

US: $150

UK: £98 ($160)

Germany: 150 Euros ($217)

Australia: probably AUD$280 or AUD$300 ($261-279)

Hello, what's all this? The UK is almost on par with the US for pricing, and us Aussies, although we have a history of reasonably-priced exclusives, are getting a price that is probably going to be as bad, or worse than, the Finnish and Danish prices. This is not good.

The set itself looks great though.

Even further stretched, in that way even Cafe Corner hinted at the Green Grocer, one of the minifigs is swiping some vegetables into the trashcan. vegetables > Green Grocer... :wink:

In this view I agree with you, the next modular building will have something to do with the post :]

Next one could be:

Postbox: Post office

Ice Cream seller: Ice cream shop

Scooter: Toy shop!! :grin:

What's that room/area on the ground floor right behind the cashier? Is that a mirror? Initially I though it's a fitting room but I guess that's the space separated by the round curtain.

Any ideas?

post-3680-1263490433.jpg

What's that room/area on the ground floor right behind the cashier? Is that a mirror? Initially I though it's a fitting room but I guess that's the space separated by the round curtain.

Any ideas?

It is not a mirror, notice the reflection is missing the black mop board. Looks like transparent glass. Strange for a closet?

Also not the different knobs on each side.

Edited by Follows Closely

Oh, my! :oh3: It looks so much better than the picture we got yesterday. I'm convinced, this does look better than the American firestation. It looks beautiful, especially the lovely interior. There are so much useful parts in there for MOCs, but I only buy modular buildings to place in my own town (although I only own the Cafe Corner). I have to get my hands on the Green Grocer fast, and then this beauty.

Hmph, still not happy with the price though. It's ridiculous they don't use the actual exchange rate, but just let the Europeans buy it for much, much more than the Americans. I know why, blablabla. :sadnew:

Edited by Matn

Hmph, still not happy with the price though. It's ridiculous they don't use the actual exchange rate, but just let the Europeans buy it for much, much more than the Americans. I know why, blablabla. :sadnew:

Can you point me to why please.

Any ideas?

post-3680-1263490433.jpg

Looking at the round plate in the other side it looks like a bit of backyard for me, like the rest of the modular family buildings have :classic:

Can you point me to why please.

Here's a topic about it. In short the prices are based on market observations, it's the way things are. And LEGO uses the European market as a support for the lower profit they make on the American market. I'm aware that LEGO is a luxury product, and I don't like to complain much about prices. A lot of sets are priced down when they come in stores here, perhaps our store owners are aware of it? But it's mostly like this with Star Wars sets, then the European price is like 26.99 EUR, when it would be 24.99 dollar in America. There are a lot of expensive hobbies, but they also provide us relaxation, something to do when you when you want to take some time off.

But I'm going off-topic, sorry. As said, I would like to get my hands on this set, because it looks like it's worth it. The architecture looks fine, although a little less detailed than the Cafe Corner and Green Grocer. The interior makes up for that. :thumbup: I hope to see it very soon in real life on BeLUG events.

Looks to be a fantastic set with so many features. I really like it but I just don't have enough space for another addition of a new lego theme.

This set is absolutley breathtaking!

I am SOOOO looking forward to buying me one or even two of these beauties!