Klaus-Dieter

Petition for Western returning

western_petition.jpg

In 1996/1997 TLG released an excellent Western theme - the first and until now regrettably even only Western theme with regular minifigs.

It was a great theme with such a huge spectrum of sets:

There were the all-known bandits fighting against the Sheriff, e. g. in the 6799 Showdown Canyon,

there were the soldiers fighting against the bandits, e. g. in the 6769 Fort Legoredo

and there were the Indians hunting, driving canoe and making fire on their fireplaces, e. g. in the 6766 Rapid River Village.

A list of all Western sets you can find here and here.

This theme contained everything a real Lego (Western) fan needed:

Great locations, buildings, new elements and minifigs for AFOLs.

A lot of playability, action elements and self-explaining character of the sets for the JFOLs.

Regrettably TLG missed a lot of very important typical Western elements in these sets: Some of them are e. g. a stage coach with post office, a saloon, a Western train with train station, a farm or ranch, a whole ghost town subtheme and many more.

In order to give JFOLs the chance to discover the Western theme with some classic sets (like e. g. a bank and a sheriff's office) and in order to give AFOLs the chance to re-discover the Western theme with some new sets to complete their collection (like e. g. a stage coach and a saloon) it's now up to you to join in this petition!

The success of the new Pirates theme has shown that bringing back classic themes (after a long period of no sets of this theme) is going to be huge success! So why shouldn't it work with Western sets, too?!

Please sign in and let's hope that TLG will answer our prayers! :classic:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

You have my support.

It would be awesome to have a new Western theme :wub:

Good Luck :thumbup:

Ratshot

Signed! I didn't really experience this theme first hand but I would like to. Most of these sets look awesome, especially that fort :wub:

I own only one Western set (the fortress) which is just fantastic. Often I've been thinking to buy the other sets to complete my collection. I think this theme still has a lot of potential and I would welcome a return. The time seems right because it's been 12 years since the Western theme ended. Great initiative Klaus-Dieter! You can count on my signature! If this petition can get a decent amount of votes (let's say at least 100) I'll make sure that myself or CopMike present the result to the LEGO Community team via our ambassador channels. Let's see if a bit of frontpage attention can boost this petition :wink:

One of my first sets was a western one (Sheriff's lock-up :thumbup: ) and the Rapid river village is one of my most wanted sets! It included many fun features that I can't find in any set now...

I agree with everything in the first post, TLG left it with more things to be explored. Great initiative! I'll sign up! :thumbup:

I would be happy to sign this, I mean, why not? Western was a really great theme, so I have no qualms about a return as long as it is done well. :classic:

Signed! :thumbup:

I want you guys that like the western theme get new sets

Good luck, Klaus-Dieter, I hope this works, whatever chance we have!

It was undoubtedly a great theme, and I missed out on it. :sadnew:

Klaus-Dieter always had great ideas but this one is far best :thumbup: I really hope it works !

Gotta love western.

Cowboys would be a nice replacement for pirates.

Especially now that we have cows for the boys...

Steve