ACCURATEin

PAB Cups: What Did You Get?

I usually update BrickBuildr the best I can (I still have to do it for Lille), but as the site does not work so well it used to do, maybe I'll start using Wall of Bricks.

About the transparent panels/bricks, I saw both 1x2x2 panels and 1x2 bricks (but no 1x2x2 bricks).

I tried to update brickbuildr and it just wasn't worth it - Wall of Bricks is a lot better.

I updated the listing for Lille, the downsides of wall of bricks are:

- not easy to change just the color of a part, you have to re-select the part

- if you confirm a part already listed, the date isn't updated to mark it as recent inventory

- uses Lego/Brickset names for parts & colors, and I know the Bricklink names :D

Meh, without the other brick to make a full hinge, the truck model isn't very exciting.

Although, those cheese slopes, jumper plates and different SNOT bricks are very interesting (panda)...

Double wide white cheese! And single wide black cheese, plus what look like black curved slopes...

I'm looking forward to getting lots of these new parts :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

I'll pick up a few brown chairs, but I will have to stock up on black and white cheese, 1x2 transparent bricks, the white 2x2 jumper (or is it a 2x2 rotating plate? either way...) the lime 1x1 rounds, and all that bamboo...

As long as my store has it all in stock around black Friday, I should have no problem making enough purchases for the holiday set GWP.

Do we have a list of the parts available from the Panda yet? Mostly I want to know what snot piece is used on the tummy. It looks to me like two headlight bricks, either tan or white. Both are welcome.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Do we have a list of the parts available from the Panda yet? Mostly I want to know what snot piece is used on the tummy. It looks to me like two headlight bricks, either tan or white. Both are welcome.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

I went today, but they didn't have it out yet, they said hopefully later today. I'll try again tomorrow and post a photo of the pieces unless someone else does that before me. I would think the headlight bricks would be black, because that's what I'm assuming is used for the eyes. I was also thinking that the head might be sitting on a 2x2 white jumper plate as that's been on the wall before, but today I saw on BrickBuildr.com that someone updated their store location with a 1x2 white jumper plate.

At my store, it was not a 2x2 jumper, but 2x2 turntable plate, as two separate parts (white frame, grey center). The only SNOT bricks I saw were 1x2 tan, studs on one side.

Also, the minifig chairs at my store were white, despite the label showing brown.

Edited by rodiziorobs

Pick a brick has dissapointed me for the past couple months. It was sort of ruined by the pick-a-model. They were constantly sold out of certain elements and not allowed to refill those spots with other elements. This made for a rather dismal selection. Here is a picture I took last month trying to show how many empty bins there were. It looked like this pretty much all summer.

21255223094_d1342926a3_c.jpg

But today the new pick-a-model parts showed up. The Panda provides some nice parts.The truck didn't have much that interested me, the chairs were white not brown.

21246433444_ee83e39329.jpg21681344048_a7c590b466.jpg

21681135480_1fd92b2e31_z.jpg21681138760_41ae2c19e4.jpg

They sit empty? That's just silly. I can't believe a store manager would allow that to happen, as it would impact their store sales figures. What store location is that?

When the store closest to me runs out of pieces, they just slap a sold out sign over the bin showing the model and then refills the bins with other parts which would seem to be the sensible thing to do.

Mmmm... white jumper plates, only thing better than that is brown jumper plates.

I'm still waiting for dark red 1x2 bricks here.

They sit empty? That's just silly. I can't believe a store manager would allow that to happen, as it would impact their store sales figures. What store location is that?

When the store closest to me runs out of pieces, they just slap a sold out sign over the bin showing the model and then refills the bins with other parts which would seem to be the sensible thing to do.

This is at the Mall of America store. The manager told me they were not allowed to fill the PAM bins with any other parts. They proabably aren't too concerned about sales, the store is always busy, and I mean crazy busy. I only go on Wednesdays or Thursdays right when they open or it is too crowded and noisy for me to be comfortable spending time on a PAB.

Edited by tkatt

@Ikatt: wow! Thanks for the pictures! That's exactly what I was hoping for! So, it appears the "tummy" is constructed with a 2-1 tan 1-sided snot brick (very very useful. I'll be sure to grab as many of those as I can stuff in a cup!) Followed by a 2-1 black plate and then a 2-1 white cheese. Lovely parts selection here! I'm very pleased!

And those white 1-2 jumpers. :wub:

Also, super happy about those turntable parts! Me-yow! :purrr::wub:

Also, it looks like they'll have both 1-2 black plates, and black studs, meaning that with the current selection, one can build this technique:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tiammath/WIP/lddscreenshot15.png

In black. Very good!

Overall I'm quite pleased with the selection. I don't think I'll be able to visit this week, during double VIP points, but I'll certainly look into getting a cup or two while the train promotion is available.

In other news, those of you near the Bridgewater mall store may be disappointed to hear that the panda and truck will not be released at once, but rather, the panda will come out first, and then replaced by the truck at a later date.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

In other news, those of you near the Bridgewater mall store may be disappointed to hear that the panda and truck will not be released at once, but rather, the panda will come out first, and then replaced by the truck at a later date.

Smaller PAB walls only have one PAM for six weeks and the the second model for the next six weeks. Larger PAB walls have both for three months.

The store 5 minutes from me has the six week cycle which sucks because usually there are only 2-3 items I want on the other model. But the alternative is to drive 40 minutes to the other store which has both. Unfortunately, the one closest to me always runs out of parts early, so there is never an overlap. Whereas the other PAB wall never seems to run out of pieces for either model.

Edited by chump

Smaller PAB walls only have one PAM for six weeks and the the second model for the next six weeks. Larger PAB walls have both for three months.

The store 5 minutes from me has the six week cycle which sucks because usually there are only 2-3 items I want on the other model. But the alternative is to drive 40 minutes to the other store which has both. Unfortunately, the one closest to me always runs out of parts early, so there is never an overlap. Whereas the other PAB wall never seems to run out of pieces for either model.

Then I guess Bridgewater is a medium store, since this is the first time they'll be doing just one at a time. :laugh:

I personally hope the chair pieces are white when they arrive at my local store. I love me some white pieces! :laugh: brown is also super welcome! :sweet: chair pieces have many other uses than as chairs.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Has anyone got a photo of the components for the Panda? My store had most of the stuff on the wall, but they still had the jeep list up, so I couldn't tell if I have everything to make the model. Not that it's a great model. I was hoping they would have most of the elements to be able to make this one.

build-tout-panda-pencil-holder.jpg