donneyboy

Worst Part

Hey, Eurobrickers, I want to know what do you think is the worst part Lego ever produced. Here is my worst part-

4116414.jpg

It came from this set-

6589-1.jpg

Edited by donneyboy

Anything and everything made specifically for Galidor. I really hope I don't have to explain why I think it's the worst :pir-sad2: .

Neat idea for a thread BTW.

Edited by MacK

Any of the chassis parts used on the town junior sets from 1997-2002. Here are some examples:

30295.1097284928.jpg30184.1061486786.jpg

Oh no, I can already see where this is going.... half of the members are now going to post the generic "anything from Bionicle," comment and all the Bionicle fans will be forced to come and defend the line. Just like now.

Honestly, does this really have to turn into a Bionicle bashing topic, guys? You can't simply go out and say things like that, because it's been proven again and again that Bionicle parts are not useless. In fact, some extremely useful parts like the playset Piraka spines, Toa Hordika neck joint, and Barraki eyes, all of which have tons of potential outside Bionicle MOCs. I'm tired of people billing the line as useless crap just because they don't like it. It's like saying that a book or movie is a pointless waste of time just because it's made in a style that they aren't fond of. :hmpf_bad:

Come on guys. For once, can't we have a "worst piece/set/theme/etc" topic without it degrading into generic, unreasonable responses? :sadnew:

~~~

Anyway, the worst part ever IMO is probably the large legs part used in lego animals like the elephant and dinousars. It basically has zero uses other than as animal limbs, mostly due to the odd connection type that is used in the interior. :thumbdown:

Edited by Grevious

If you're creative enough, no lego piece is useless. But specifically the bohrok parts are really hard to use on anything. But bionicle parts arent bad at all.

Interesting thread.

No, I don't like Bionicle because I don't know what those things are supposed to be and I don't care for those parts, but that doesn't really make them bad parts.

Now here are some parts that have actually bothered me because they're bad:

650.gif

The nylon hinge coupling. I remember using those as a kid to connect car and trailer and they would ALWAYS fall off during play. And you can't build anything underneath, which is stupid. Not a nice part at all.

3761.gif

The 1x6x5 window from the larger Homemaker sets. Brilliant windows on paper, also for minifig scale. But in reality the shutter holders will always break off. You can hardly find one that is okay.

Can't think of any more at the moment.

Cmon, Galidor isn't that bad...

8461_1.jpg

Okay, so maybe it is.

My worst part is the large plastic rocks that were in the bionicle 2006 playsets, and the Coast Guard light-tower. :thumbdown:

Any of the chassis parts used on the town junior sets from 1997-2002. Here are some examples:

30295.1097284928.jpg30184.1061486786.jpg

Those are interesting pieces. The grey piece is WAY too wide for any general use.(It looks rather useless and large to keep) The red piece looks like it would be good for a trailer on a rig. (not that bad).

Hey, Eurobrickers, I want to know what do you think is the worst part Lego ever produced. Here is my worst part-

4116414.jpg

It came from this set-

6589-1.jpg

Wow I actually like that peice, is it even a peice? :wacko:

Looks like a base

Those are interesting pieces. The grey piece is WAY too wide for any general use.(It looks rather useless and large to keep) The red piece looks like it would be good for a trailer on a rig. (not that bad).

They can certainly be used, but the problem is the concept itself. The only reason you would ever use such things is for the sake of using them. They are just collections of many smaller, standard bricks molded together for a specialized purpose, and add no value at all to the Lego system.

Some of the other pieces people have described are of very limited use, but they at least do something you cannot do with other pieces. That can't be said about these chassis things.

Edited by CP5670

I have never seen that canyon thing before but I agree it's particularly bad because it has no studs, so it simply doesn't integrate with the rest of Lego at all. A bit like the classic cardboard road plans that came with some bigger sets in the 60's and 70's - just cardboard with roads drawn on but not particularly Lego.

This Piece:

50944px1.1149471777.jpg

Every time I buy one of those Tiny Turbos for their parts, I end up with 4 of these ugly ugly wheels sitting around being useless.

They're ugly and look like 'hot wheels' car wheels, and just don't fit in with a lego Town.

I also hate that you can see the axle pin in their center.

I have never seen that canyon thing before but I agree it's particularly bad because it has no studs, so it simply doesn't integrate with the rest of Lego at all. A bit like the classic cardboard road plans that came with some bigger sets in the 60's and 70's - just cardboard with roads drawn on but not particularly Lego.

Actually, from what I can tell, that "piece" may not even be made out of regular ABS plastic. I have a ramp from a small technic racer set that is made out of a far cheaper, less durable plastic. If this piece is made out of that at all, then I don't think it ever deserves to be called an actual "Lego piece." :sick:

Oh no, I can already see where this is going.... half of the members are now going to post the generic "anything from Bionicle," comment...

Now I can't contribute :wink::grin:

Seriously I find the bionicle pieces annoying, not out of a given hatred, merely because they take Lego in a direction I don't want to go. Can they be used in great MOCs? Yes (and there is ample proof), but at the moment, for me, they're like bley, I sort them into a separate pile an sigh... I guess it just depends on how you build...

God Bless,

Nathan

Actually, from what I can tell, that "piece" may not even be made out of regular ABS plastic. I have a ramp from a small technic racer set that is made out of a far cheaper, less durable plastic. If this piece is made out of that at all, then I don't think it ever deserves to be called an actual "Lego piece." :sick:

That "piece" is more of a promotional extra than an actual part, sort of like the UFO mask in 6999. A few other sets included similar kinds of play surfaces, but only in certain versions of the sets (the 1728 Crystal Crawler is another example). There were also identical versions of these sets with different numbers, which didn't include these things. From that point of view it's not so bad.

I dislike most of the soft/flexible parts LEGO has made. Not just the sort of flexible stuff, because even 2x2 bricks can be flexed but the truly flexible usually dull looking parts with slight variations in color. Which means nearly half of Bionicle is included in this, along with exo force hair, foam missles, and such like.

Exceptions are most rubber wheels, string, space tubing, minfigure heads (hard plastic would be better but if it means not having new heads I will gladly accept the rubbery kind), and the techinc tubing.

The worst part or parts are actually the soccer and other sports parts that have limited connectivity and almost no use outside of the original one. Worthless crap.

You think bionicle parts are bad? How about Throwbot disks? :pir-sick:

32171pb060.jpg

Unlike bionicle parts I don't think these have ever found their way into a legitimate MOC. I, sadly, have 16 of them, because when I was young and foolish I collected the entire original line. :pir-look:

Along the same lines as that canyon piece is this 'baseplate' from one of the Aquazone sets.

4101599.jpg

This thing may look cool, but like the canyon it is made of flimsy plastic and doesn't integrate with any other pieces.

I think a better way to think about this question might be "what's the worst part you own?" You know that one piece that just sits there in a bin, never ever being used, that you cant even think of using, because it's so awful. And if you're going to say a bionicle part, at least try to pick a specific one. :grin:

You think bionicle parts are bad? How about Throwbot disks? :pir-sick:

32171pb060.jpg

You do realize that Bionicle had the exact same disks in 2001, right?

Don't bash Throwbots plz, I like them quite a bit better than many recent Bionicle waves.

You do realize that Bionicle had the exact same disks in 2001, right?

Don't bash Throwbots plz, I like them quite a bit better than many recent Bionicle waves.

I didn't know that, I never followed Bionicle. But either way, the Throwbots are the ones that started the disk trend. I'm not bashing Throwbots, I'm saying that the disks are bad pieces. They can't be integrated with any pieces other than the throwbot arm, and even if they could have very limited uses due do the silly pictures on most of them. I'd love for someone to use them effectively in a MOC and prove me wrong.

I didn't know that, I never followed Bionicle. But either way, the Throwbots are the ones that started the disk trend. I'm not bashing Throwbots, I'm saying that the disks are bad pieces. They can't be integrated with any pieces other than the throwbot arm, and even if they could have very limited uses due do the silly pictures on most of them. I'd love for someone to use them effectively in a MOC and prove me wrong.

In 2004 TLG released glow-in-the-dark versions of the disks which I would imagine would make great power cores if the printed side was concealed.

Also remember that although many BIONICLE pieces don't integrate that well into system MOCs, they are still used to a great degree of creativity in BIONICLE and TECHNIC MOCs. People saying BIONICLE pieces are useless because they can't be used in their system MOCs is like saying that Minifig hats are useless because they don't fit on TECHNIC car MOCs. The only truly "useless" parts are the pieces that can't be used creatively in any proper form LEGO building or their use is extremely universally limited.

If you look at Technic, lots and lots of those pieces don't fit into 'normal' mocs. Doesn't matter, because there are people who specialize in Technic mocs.

This is the same with Bionicle, that they don't fit in with 'normal' lego (what you difine as normal may be different for others) doesn't make them bad pieces.

Worst piece ever made in my opinion is the lego studio's camera, if that even counts as a piece.

Worst piece ever made in my opinion is the lego studio's camera, if that even counts as a piece.

really?! i use this piece a lot in mocs for tv crews and whatnot