Haha Deathleech you have too many. I see that the LOTR army thread has officially died, since everyone seems to be posting theirs in here now.

Deathleech: WOW! Really nice army of the "Dark Side". Just one question - why 2 Mouths of Sauron (I know the answer - because of 2 Black Gates of Mordor :laugh: ).

Deathleech: WOW! Really nice army of the "Dark Side". Just one question - why 2 Mouths of Sauron (I know the answer - because of 2 Black Gates of Mordor :laugh: ).

That's exactly it! Now that I think about it, I am not sure why I have them both shown though. I have two Yazneg's, two Saruman's, etc. but I left them out of the pictures yet I put in the Mouth of Sauron and White Warg twins :wacko:

That's exactly it! Now that I think about it, I am not sure why I have them both shown though. I have two Yazneg's, two Saruman's, etc. but I left them out of the pictures yet I put in the Mouth of Sauron and White Warg twins :wacko:

Ha, ha, stunt doubles? :laugh:

Nice Uruks set up, but those capes for Uruk Hai captains are kinda weird...orc with a cape? :)

I happen to like it. :hmpf_bad:

12121531614_1d1decd86b.jpg

You put your CMFs in with your Crownies? I've been wondering where to put mine. Could be the best option.

Do you have any "evil" CMF knights? I haven't figured out where to put mine yet.

Dude, it's spelled Kreons. ;)

:laugh:

Here are pictures of my "good army" I promised last week:

IMG_2494.jpg

Mirkwood Elves, named elves, Thorin's company, Bilbo, and a few miscelaneous characters (Master of Lake-town, Beorn, Radaghast)

IMG_2496.jpg

The Greater Eagles sitting atop Helm's Deep

IMG_2491.jpg

The Rohirrim on horse led by Eomer, on foot led by King Theoden, Lake-town Guards, a (small) Army of the Undead led by their king, and of course the 9 Fellowship members with Gandalf the White

IMG_2489.jpg

And finally a picture of everything together. I tried to keep alternate versions of characters to a minumum (Elrond, blue coat Bilbo, etc.). My good army isn't nearly as big as my evil because I have tried to keep the numbers similar to the movie where it's 10 to 1. Right now I am at about 3 bad for every 1 good. Sorry it took a bit longer to post my good army but I was waiting on my order of 4 more Mirkwood Elf Army sets to arrive before throwing everything together. I always feel like I am waiting on orders to come. Even since the last evil army pictures a week ago I got 4 more Brown Wargs and have 10 more Moria Orcs and 10 more Uruk-hai on the way :sceptic:

But WAIT! That's not all! What is that off in the distance...?

IMG_2498.jpg

Why it's an ARMY OF GANDALFS of course! :laugh:

Edited by Deathleech

@Deathleech. So now I know why TRU never has the laketown guard polybags - you bought 'em all!!!

Edited by Shroffy123

You put your CMFs in with your Crownies? I've been wondering where to put mine. Could be the best option.

Do you have any "evil" CMF knights? I haven't figured out where to put mine yet.

:laugh:

i did but i traded them off for stuff. thats not all i have but it is what i use for my wargaming.

Nice Uruks set up, but those capes for Uruk Hai captains are kinda weird...orc with a cape? :)

I have capes on some because i army build for war-gaming. it distinguishes the captains from regular soldiers...

@Deathleech , how many of the Mordor/Hunter/Gundabad Orcs and Goblins do you have? I was going to combine all mine into a larger army, but I think I'm a bit behind you!

Also, why so many Lake-town Guards? I appreciate the polybag is a good one and the minifigure is excellent, but in the film there's only about 16 in the scene with the most guards. They look great all together though!

Also, why so many Lake-town Guards? I appreciate the polybag is a good one and the minifigure is excellent, but in the film there's only about 16 in the scene with the most guards. They look great all together though!

Probably for the Battle of Five Armies...? They might not show up in the movie but they look tons better than a bunch of Laketown villagers. :wink:

@Deathleech , how many of the Mordor/Hunter/Gundabad Orcs and Goblins do you have? I was going to combine all mine into a larger army, but I think I'm a bit behind you!

I have 60 Mordor Orcs, 20 Goblin Town goblins, 40 Moria Orcs, 20 Orc Hunters, and 50 Gundabad Orcs so 190 total? I would like to get about 20-50 more Mordor Orcs, but want to wait and see if we will get a third LotR wave with any, and what the orc situation looks like in the third Hobbit wave.

As for the Lake-town guards, I thought I mentioned why I had so many in my previous post. Whoops, I guess I forgot! It's for a few reasons actually. First off they are my fill in Gondor army in case we never get a third LotR wave. I know they don't look like Gondor soldiers but they are better than nothing. The other reason, as Infernum points out, is to use them with the Bo5A. I know the human army is made up of only a few guards and mostly rag tag militia men, but I doubt Lego is going to give us many human soldiers so I figured I would bulk up on the guards while I can.

Deathleech, WOW! WOW! I especially love the amount of Moria Orcs you have :wub:

and Durins Bane, Love your armies. Sweet! Looks like the Crownies can take out the Uruk-Hais no sweat.

I like the combined topics of the LOTR armies being in here, I would love to see other people's non-LOTR army too.

I however, am waiting to complete my Roman Army before I would post them, still a few figures short and a few parts short. Unfortunately, they are in another country, so I couldn't finish them anytime soon. :sick: It is the same with my Uruk-Hai army, 1/3 of it is in another country. :cry_sad:

Edited by h22chen

@Deathleech. So now I know why TRU never has the laketown guard polybags - you bought 'em all!!!

I know, right. My TRU has never seemed to have them, but they still have plenty Lone Ranger polybags.

Same, I got my Laketown guards mostly online too, my nearby Toysrus venue does not carry them and I have been looking for them the last few months.

Edited by h22chen

Anyhow this is part of my Host of Isengard, Go Saruman! This Isengard brigade is led by Lurrs (or maybe I confused him with the the leader of Omicron Persei 8) and his trusty lieutenant (the other Uruk Hai with the Hand of Isengard symbol on his armor). Of course the supreme commander is Saruman. My collection is not as grandeur as some of the others and I still have around another 20 Uruk-Hai in another country. Total count of the ones pictured is 58.

20140130_214816_zps4e49e1ae.jpg

20140130_214807_zpsb4acadaa.jpg

20140130_214759_zpsf92a3578.jpg

Ha, ha, stunt doubles? :laugh:

With their casualty rate, they need the stunt doubles for distraction. :laugh:

Edited by h22chen