Derek

Spongebob '09?

EDIT: Deleted by request of whung.

Sorry! I guess this can either be closed or used for speculation!

Art4117337.jpg

Art4117348.jpg

Edited by Hinckley

Well, technically Whung found them and the enigma that is badger brought it to our attention in the Pirates forum. But I guess you pointed out the Spongebob sets, so I am in fact wrong. :tongue: I can't wait for the pictures to start rolling in, 2009 is so on!

~Peace

There's not much left for spongebob to do, so the sets are probably going to be redesigns.

when will the 09 pictures come out? which month usually?

Nobody knows that.

Sometimes it is some months before the set is coming out, sometimes couple of weeks before the set comes out.

Edited by THE-FORCE

I would be glad to see redesigns of those two sets. The second wave of SpongeBob sets was much, much better than the first. The pineapple was good, but Patrick's rock and Squidward's house were rather pathetic. And when you have a Chum Bucket that looks better than the Krusty Krab . . . well, that's not good. So I'm up for redesigns.

Why are we deleting the set names? They're all over the board in other threads and all over other forums and blogs.

On to the sets, I'm hoping these are remakes. Its disappointing to see them resorting to remakes this early in the SB franchise...

Steve

There's not much left for spongebob to do, so the sets are probably going to be redesigns.

I think there is still a lot of ground that LEGO SpongeBob could cover--Jellyfish Fields, the Mermalair, the Flying Dutchman's ship, Goo Lagoon, Bikini Bottom houses, etc. My hope is that they're re-doing the previous two sets first, in the style of the newer sets. I do hope to see a greater variety in the future, though.

spongebob nummers 3833 and 3834 in 2009

Oh, good--I was worried for a while there, when the new pictures showed no sign of Mr SquarePants.

I think there is still a lot of ground that LEGO SpongeBob could cover--Jellyfish Fields, the Mermalair, the Flying Dutchman's ship, Goo Lagoon, Bikini Bottom houses, etc.

I so very want a pirate ship whose hull and mast are made COMPLETELY with trans glow in the dark bricks.

I mean come on, it's in the show!

Pirates are hot in pop culture right now, and how many times in various cartoons do you see glowing green "ghost" pirate ships?

Chop chop, Lego. Make a glowing pirate ship! (And I DON'T mean just one or two glow bricks tossed onto a brown thing!)

I think that wold be too hard for Lego to do, as they don't make that many Large trans pieces, so what they would probably do is make the hull Dark Green with various bits of light green and trans green thrown in there.

Take this image for example:

thu_SpongeBob_Underpants_Slam_4_Player_Flying_Dutchman.jpg

Its a nice Dark green color with green glowing at the bottom, not all glowing green.

Edited by AgentRick57

I agree; a dark green hull would be much better; not only would it match the ship in the show better, it would also be more useful for those who wished to bulk up their pirate fleet.

My speculation is that they will continue at item number 4983 or 3833 with the SpongeBob Lego building sets.

I hope they redesign SpongeBob's house, Squidward's house, and Patrick's house, as well as The Krusty Krab.

My speculation is that they will continue at item number 4983 or 3833 with the SpongeBob Lego building sets.

I hope they redesign SpongeBob's house, Squidward's house, and Patrick's house, as well as The Krusty Krab.

Next year's sets will probably coincide with SpongeBob's 10th Anniversary which is May 1st, 2009.

3834 Spongebob's house:

Art4117348.jpg

3433 Krusty Krab

Art4117337.jpg

I'm gad that squidward has a head mold, hopefully he has his "sarcastic face" th current squidward looks too happy.

This theme is roughly two years old, and they're already doing redesigns?? Sheest.

Actually, 2009 will be Spongebobs FOURTH year. :wink:

Still, this is really annoying. Come on, these sets are almost exactly the same as the ones from 2006! Aside from a new Squidward head and the crabby patty car, there's basically nothing new here. :thumbdown:

Edited by Grevious

I am guessing they are doing re designs because the Sponge Bob universe isn't really that big. The new Squidward head moulded looks really cool. Thanks for the pics.