Hello everyone, 

I see there is a big hype with the Official speed champions Dark Horse Mustang set. However i would like to show you something different. 
I've built maybe 5 different Mustangs already and promised to myself to don't make more and focus on other Brands. Parallel i didnt really like the shape and details of the newest Mustang when saw the first pictures about it.
Later on i've seen some more pics and videos and also read some rumors about the upcoming Speed Champions set so decided to check it again. :)
Maybe i'm getting old or don't know but i changed my mind. So started to work on my version some weeks ago. 
Here are the results, i hope you will like it.

Of course it must be DakBlue... :)

53566758128_3d6f790522_z.jpgLego Mustang Dark Horse by Szunyogh Balázs, on Flickr
When i started to work on this car the 80178 and 80177 wedges were not available in Dark Blue colour. So i've started to build the whole car in Dark Grey and I was very happy to see the Kingfisher set coming with these wedges. However that was not clear for me this time if these wedges are the best parts to recreate the front of the Mustang or not.

Anyway, after some trials i've decided to use them on the final version. 

53566758313_291132b6c8_z.jpgLego Mustang Dark Horse by Szunyogh Balázs, on Flickr

But that was not the biggest question for me when started to work on the design.

I Started to whole designing procedure with the taillights. I was thinking maybe this detail will be the most difficult to recreate. And yes i've spent a lot of time to find a solution what can be rigid enough and looks good. Yeah i know it's not everyones taste and i'm sure we will see some more better versions but for me in this scale that was the best one i think. 

53566885519_f9f39c67ed_z.jpgLego Mustang Dark Horse by Szunyogh Balázs, on Flickr

53567001815_ddd9e0ab61_z.jpgLego Mustang Dark Horse by Szunyogh Balázs, on Flickr

53567001755_ce374cdb12_z.jpgLego Mustang Dark Horse by Szunyogh Balázs, on Flickr 

I usually try to add some "realistic" details at the bottom too. Of course it's not a Technic car so there are no working features here. Anyway , one day the 30375 "Battle droid Torso" told me that he would like to be a suspenison element. I said ok, lets try. :) (I'm sure i'm not the first one who uses this elemnt this way but for me that was a new thing. LOL) 
I was really happy with the drivetrain and suspension so built an extra one to put next to the car on the shelf. 

53566885459_4f445e84da_z.jpgLego Mustang Dark Horse by Szunyogh Balázs, on Flickr

53566758173_50fbd8361a_z.jpgLego Mustang Dark Horse by Szunyogh Balázs, on Flickr

53565710362_015fb613e1_z.jpgLego Mustang Dark Horse by Szunyogh Balázs, on Flickr

At the end i'm really happy with this model. I was enjoying every minutes of the designing process... bla-bla-bla

Guys! That was a nightmare to finish this design. The whole suspension just killed me. This is maybe the 10th version i built and I was trying to forget this droid torso element 5 times because didn't find acceptable way to use them for long time. (i know it looks so easy now... LOL) And those taillights... ohhh the taillights. :pir-bawling:  grrrrr 

But now it's here... it works... and it's rigid enough for me... :pir-laugh:  And this is my favourite so far :)

Thanks for reading my post. Have a nice day :)

Bie 

gnat.bricks

Looks good! I do really like the chassis and suspension arms--I'd say it was worth the effort!

Yes, chassis details, and that part on top of engine (don't know) what it is, is properly used for top detail level

This looks amazing! The chassis details are awesome at this scale. 

Great model. The scale is deceptive, as the detail and accuracy make it seem much bigger. Love the drive train details, especially the top of the engine, the brake calipers, and those suspension control arms.

Looks fantastic! I really enjoy the attention to detail, I especially like the rear lights. Excellent work.

This looks amazing! The details in every corner dwarfs the new icon-sets :-)

What element did you use for the suspension arms?

1 hour ago, blondasek said:

@Milan my apologies, but this has to be frontpaged :D

Your wish is our command :thumbup:

Another master work after the Corvette C3. Looks spot on! You should design the official 1:12 models for TLG. The. We wouldn't have seen failures like the Aston Martin or the Fiat 500.

1 hour ago, Jundis said:

Those are battle droid torsos.

On 3/4/2024 at 9:49 PM, everybrickasculpture said:

The design of the chassis is seriously awesome, I love how you were able to add control arms at this scale.

Thank You so Much! Yeah i'm really happy how the suspension turned out. :) 

On 3/4/2024 at 10:36 PM, 2GodBDGlory said:

Looks good! I do really like the chassis and suspension arms--I'd say it was worth the effort!

Thank You! I'm glad you like it. :)

On 3/5/2024 at 12:01 AM, nerdsforprez said:

Brilliant. Looks are spot on. Great job.

Thanks! :)

23 hours ago, Jurss said:

Yes, chassis details, and that part on top of engine (don't know) what it is, is properly used for top detail level

Thank you. :pir-sweet:

22 hours ago, blondasek said:

@Milan my apologies, but this has to be frontpaged :D

It looks amazing, @gnat_bricks! I love the chassis details and the tail lights. Any chance for instruction? :>

Thanks! Yeah instructions are out just didn't want to place the link here. ;)

21 hours ago, langko said:

This looks amazing! The chassis details are awesome at this scale. 

Thank you so much!! 

21 hours ago, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

Great model. The scale is deceptive, as the detail and accuracy make it seem much bigger. Love the drive train details, especially the top of the engine, the brake calipers, and those suspension control arms.

Thank you so much! Really appreciate your comment. Yeah it's not too big model. The lenght is just 25 centimeters. 

21 hours ago, grum64 said:

Looks fantastic! I really enjoy the attention to detail, I especially like the rear lights. Excellent work.

Thanks! Yeah as i wrote i've started the whole designing process with the rear lights. I'm happy if you like it! :)

21 hours ago, Jundis said:

This looks amazing! The details in every corner dwarfs the new icon-sets :-)

The ICONs sets are a bit bigger and of course i've got free hands to design whatever i want and on the way i want. I don't need to follow any rules what the designers at lego has to. Anyway, I'm really glad you like it and thanks for the comment! :)
The suspension arm is the 30375 Battle Droid Torso. :pir-sweet:

20 hours ago, Milan said:

Your wish is our command :thumbup:

Thanks for the frontpage!! :pir-huzzah1:

19 hours ago, R0Sch said:

Another master work after the Corvette C3. Looks spot on! You should design the official 1:12 models for TLG. The. We wouldn't have seen failures like the Aston Martin or the Fiat 500.

Those are battle droid torsos.

Thank you so much! Yeah the corvette turned out well. :pir-huzzah2:  As i know the Fiat and the Aston were not 12 studs wide cars but a bit bigger... Maybe 14 or 16?  

Looks really smooth on the outside, and I love the tail lights, but it's the inside that blows me as well, those suspension details are really cool at this scale. Agree that it was worth the effort :)

7 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Looks really smooth on the outside, and I love the tail lights, but it's the inside that blows me as well, those suspension details are really cool at this scale. Agree that it was worth the effort :)

Thank you so much! Appreciate it. :) 

On 3/6/2024 at 10:36 PM, Paul B Technic said:

I am not a huge fan of cars, but this has something special which I like.

Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it :)

Cool detailed build and congrats for the frontpage!

On 3/8/2024 at 4:54 PM, _TLG_ said:

Cool detailed build and congrats for the frontpage!

Thank you so much! ;)