Bob De Quatre

[Contest] Space Pirates - Back to the Carribean Galaxy!

Hi quick question, would a pirate crew with a brick built background be considered category A or C. Thanks

9 hours ago, Danny_Boy4 said:

Hi quick question, would a pirate crew with a brick built background be considered category A or C. Thanks

Cat A doesn't need a background and only the crew should be taken in consideration for the votes.

33 minutes ago, Bob De Quatre said:

Cat A doesn't need a background and only the crew should be taken in consideration for the votes.

So I should post it as cat C so the background would be counted and post a separate entry without the background for cat A

14 minutes ago, Danny_Boy4 said:

So I should post it as cat C so the background would be counted and post a separate entry without the background for cat A

You can do that yes

I was hoping to add some more detail to my category B build and take better photos, but it looks like I won't be able to before deadline, so I guess I'm going to submit my builds as-is! It's been a challenge trying to find time for Lego with full-time work and a toddler, but I had a lot of fun with the contest and looking at everyone's submissions. Thanks for running the contest!

The contest is now closed. I'll prepare the voting topic as soon as possible.

Posted (edited)

Thanks again for organizing @Bob De Quatre. Contests like these - and seeing all the results from other participants - really motivate me to create something. I like how accessible the categories were, with both room for big and small projects.

Edited by JulianH

With a bit of delay, here are the results of the Space Pirates contest!

For category A: Pirate Crew, the winner is MetalBeard 9000's Crew by @JulianH

For category B: Sailing the river of time, the winners are:

- First place: Renegade Voidrunner by @The Librarian
- Second place: King Kahuka's Surface Hopper by @kritch

For category C: Rum for everybody!, the winners are:
 - First place: Kahuka-1 by @Yatkuu
- Second place: Space Station 41c -piratified! by @jansued

Thanks to everyone who participated in this contest. I hope every one enjoyed it, and see you next time for another Sci-Fi contest!

Thanks for running it! Really fun concept for a contest!

And wow - thanks everyone! Chuffed to bits with that, and well done to all the other winners!

Thank you for an amazing contest and all the effort you put into organizing it all!

Congratulations to the winners :pir-huzzah2:

Thanks all for organising, participating and voting. Congrats everyone! This contest was a blast and I’m absolutely thrilled to have won the Cat A, with so many impressive contenders.

This was my first time customising minifigs and I thought it would be hard to compete as I do not have a large minifig collection. Just in time for the contest I stumbled on a Lego lot with some nice pirate and space parts that gave me more to work with and that seems to have payed off :pir-huzzah2:

Thank you Eurobricks for running this fun contest and for everyone who voted for my entry!

It’s great to see that 2 Islanders MOCs made it to the podium!!

Wow, there were some great entries, thanks everyone for participating and voting and for Eurobricks for organising and to King Kuhuka for being one of the best minifigures, he seems to be my lucky charm :pir-laugh::kahuka:

Late to the party, but shoutout to The Crew of the SS Carrot - loved each crew member, especially Roger "definitely a Rabbit"!!!

Thanks to the organizers and congrats to the winners! I had fun participating in the contest and seeing all the fun builds people came up with :pir_laugh2:

Although I have to say I'm not a huge fan of the voting system, it feels more subjective than having a panel of judges. I felt like I finally produced a build with good enough building techniques and presentation to do well in a contest with my 'rustbucket', but it's less traditional/'pirate-y' style led it to getting less votes from some people. Although maybe I'm reading too much into it :pir-look:

Thanks for an awesome competition! Love the theme - when I was displaying Skull Station at a convention I had quite a few people pass by and comment that space pirates would be a great theme for Lego to launch, and I think so too. Lots of room for creativity, mixing of styles and doing things a bit more silly and "out there" compared to regular old Space. Congratulations to all the winners! Hope to go up against you all next time there's a nice space-related competition.

Well done all, and congrats to those voted as the best in each category.

On 3/11/2024 at 4:31 AM, Bob De Quatre said:

The contest is now closed. I'll prepare the voting topic as soon as possible.

Just passing through and found this thread.....got excited that it might be the return of something like "Andromeda's Gates"  lolz